Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

WOW! What a maquette. That piece is absolutely extraordinary. It's everything I wanted for Prime in terms of switch out accessories. With Sideshow's Prime, you had to order the exclusive to get the swords. Here, you get the swords, an axe, big *** cannon, and shield plus a switchout head and that's from what we can tell from the pics, just the regular edition. If the exclusive, is Megatron's gun, fantastic. Plus, this piece dwarfs the SS one. Easily puts Sideshow to shame on so many levels that its not even funny. Must buy of the year.

So much awesomeness with this piece.
I like that they're including two portraits, but it takes a trained eye to see the difference. They're almost identical.
More posing options with the various weapons. I'm probably in the minority here, but that shotgun exclusive isn't anything special.

I wonder what the ES will be and whether or not Prime 1 Studio will include a COA with each piece. This thing deserves one. :clap

OMG. love it so much. instant order for sure if my retailer also sell this one.

Its super nice, makes me want to buy 2 - one for the pose with sword and shield and one with the big gun.

anybody know when to preorder this beast? the price would be similar to megatron i guess.

Prepare maybe 5 grand buddy :wink1:

This pose is how they should have done it. Will make him look 5x better...

For sure. The gun sticking straight out like that makes it look like a Hasbro figure.

Even LEGO minifigures could hold rifles like Optimus in that picture.

Is there a possibility for the non-Japanese market to get the EX version? Understand back then the Megatron EX was only easily accessible for the Japanese market.

For sure. The gun sticking straight out like that makes it look like a Hasbro figure.

Even LEGO minifigures could hold rifles like Optimus in that picture.

Looks like lazy Optimus :lol... I have to say SS version holding the gun wins in this case.

:lol @ Lazy Optimus.

It would have been great to hold it like the pictures but then we wouldn't have the other weapons unless they gave switch out arms. Then we'd have moaning about the price etc. I'm happy with what we're getting. Just hope it's not out of this world price wise. :panic:

:lol @ Lazy Optimus.

It would have been great to hold it like the pictures but then we wouldn't have the other weapons unless they gave switch out arms. Then we'd have moaning about the price etc. I'm happy with what we're getting. Just hope it's not out of this world price wise. :panic:

:goodpost:

switch out arms will be tricky for this to hold like the pic.
keep in mind this a statue not a toy
Am really happy what with got so far.

man this is literally the best representation of Movie Prime ever! just may have to put the flex pay at the least amount possible for this :lol

Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime

Hi everyone, isn't Optimus supposed to have TWO guns?!! (Ion Blaster & Barrage Cannon??)

tf2-prime-gun.jpg

I was hoping this figure would have a dynamic pose like the Prime Maquette.... Love the way the guns were posed in that one.

400032_press22-001_1282686888.jpg

I'm sorry to say with Prime1 it looks like Op is holding his mom's over-sized hairdryer than a badass cannon :p

10010589_678407885539190_518159777_o-565x800.jpg

The stance, the way the weapons were displayed.... He seems a little lifeless in this pose imho :(

1891364_678407842205861_1090336671_o-565x800.jpg

Leaving aside the obvious facts of movie accuracy and high quality craftsmanship of Prime1, when you consider the pose, it's just as uninspiring as the Calibre version (imho)

207341_554627201222603_1474552415_n.jpg

Even with closed fists, it looks like he's bracing for an attack from Megatron.

400032_press03-001_1282686888.jpg

But still a very detailed and beautiful statue. I'm just saying that they could have done something more. That wicked looking shield would look much better posed as if to deflect a laser blast than just being held limply in one hand...

1796794_678407932205852_1028214012_o-565x800.jpg

But still :) Anyone who owns one, would be really lucky, it's probably going to be the last major release for this iteration of Optimus Prime with AoE releasing soon...

Any chance Prime1 could still tweak the design before going into production?!

Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime (official pictures page 1)

I don't care for any dynamic poses. The normal stance is epic and heroic for me. It goes well with any weapons you attached to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Well I'm getting this all the same if SS stock it, the detail is wicked and whilst I too would prefer a bit more dynamic a pose, it's not a dealbreaker for me when everything else is so good, it's still a wicked-awesome statue of Prime.

So yeah, sold!

The 2 cannons was in "Revenge of the Fallen",this statue represent "Dark of the Moon" Prime.

That's the thing with statues.One stance won't please everyone.I like stance on SS Prime,but i always wanted a normal stance like that on Prime.It's the best way to go with Prime imo.Looks like a true Leader he is.

do we know how tall this Prime version is yet?

do we know how tall this Prime version is yet?

24inch alone with base around 29inch in total little bit shorter than Megatron

My friend saw it at the wonderfest 2014 it was really big.

Re: Prime 1 studio - Optimus Prime

View attachment 98902

Leaving aside the obvious facts of movie accuracy and high quality craftsmanship of Prime1, when you consider the pose, it's just as uninspiring as the Calibre version (imho)

Please do not compare Prime1 version to Calibre thats completely different.

I'm getting this no matter the cost, I can worry about that later :lol I love everything about this statue and have no complaints but there is always someone who has to ruin the party by crying about something. Time to start selling some non essential items I think and book my hospital bed for the recovery after I tell my fiance :lol

Back