Prime 1 studio Justice league Wonder Woman 1/3 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah as much as I'm a big fan of lightup features, this is one I could probably live without.

And it doesn’t help matters that the on/off switch is located on the underside of the bust. I’m not going to take the bust on and off in order to switch the light up on and off! Would’ve been so easy to develop a touch sensitive switch somewhere on the bust.

Really satisfied with it.

IMG_7005.jpgIMG_7013.jpgIMG_7010.jpgIMG_7015.jpgImg_7027.jpgIMG_7027a.jpgIMG_7027b.jpgIMG_7027c.jpgImg_7034.jpgImg_7035.jpg

I would've gotten this if they also had made busts of supes and batman.

I really love having the bust and the statue for 2 displays. I display the full statue with the scarf at home and the bust with the shield and sword at work. Really awesome to get to enjoy her fantastic display all day!

Looks good but they forgot the eye gloss

I don’t think Prime 1 have been putting the gloss coat on the eyes for a lot of pieces recently.

I’ve just looked at my last 5 or so pieces, and if anything most look duller than they should. Like they apply a top coat on the entire head which dulls the whole face down.

The only one that has a wet look is the Cyborg, but then the entire face has that look.

I dunno, to me, the eyes look glossier then the face. When you take a photo with light straight on blowing everything out, it looks flat. In natural lighting, the eyes do look glossier to me.

Here are some of my photos of the light up. It?s a tad brighter in real life, but not by much.

View attachment 473709

View attachment 473710

View attachment 473711

But note that in a well lit room with direct sun light you can?t see it at all.

Thanks for the pics Phoenix, l got mine last week as well but didn't open it until recently. What l found interesting was that the light up feature has a red hue to it, which isn't noticeable in pics or video.

So do you have any problems with yours? The hand positioning on the Ultimate torso on mine are fine but not as perfect as the proto. That's the only problem l have with this piece.

I dunno, to me, the eyes look glossier then the face. When you take a photo with light straight on blowing everything out, it looks flat. In natural lighting, the eyes do look glossier to me.

The eyes are somewhat glossy but in pics it isn't as noticeable as it is in hand. When l shrined an LED light on them the light reflected back giving it quite a glossy look.Thus, they must have used some gloss on them.

Thanks for the pics Phoenix, l got mine last week as well but didn't open it until recently. What l found interesting was that the light up feature has a red hue to it, which isn't noticeable in pics or video.

So do you have any problems with yours? The hand positioning on the Ultimate torso on mine are fine but not as perfect as the proto. That's the only problem l have with this piece.

The eyes are somewhat glossy but in pics it isn't as noticeable as it is in hand. When l shrined an LED light on them the light reflected back giving it quite a glossy look.Thus, they must have used some gloss on them.

If I’m being honest I probably have more than a few issues/nitpicks. The hand positioning on the Ultimate bust are way off. Probably as bad as any I’ve seen posted, but given it’s waitlisted status there’s not much I can do about it.

Whereas on the regular bust, the eyes are somewhat off. Some here would say it’s bad, whereas others would probably see nothing. Some days I don’t really see an issue, and on others :dunno

The skin looks okay, accept when I place it next to the 1/2 scale, at which point it looks terrible in comparison. I’ve had to put them in two separate rooms.... which was always the plan anyway.

Overall I’m happy to have it in my collection, but it’s obviously far from perfect.

If I?m being honest I probably have more than a few issues/nitpicks. The hand positioning on the Ultimate bust are way off. Probably as bad as any I?ve seen posted, but given it?s waitlisted status there?s not much I can do about it.

Sorry to hear that man, I guess that explains why you never posted a picture of yours.
Whereas on the regular bust, the eyes are somewhat off. Some here would say it?s bad, whereas others would probably see nothing. Some days I don?t really see an issue, and on others :dunno
I think the eyes are off on all of them to some degree.

The skin looks okay, accept when I place it next to the 1/2 scale, at which point it looks terrible in comparison. I?ve had to put them in two separate rooms.... which was always the plan anyway.

The lack of tones on the skin on this actually bothers me, it looks plainer than the Training version.
Overall I?m happy to have it in my collection, but it?s obviously far from perfect.

Thats true, due to the QC issues its hard for me to recommend this piece, despite how good the likeness is on the Ultimate head sculpt.

Last edited:
I do think it's the paint that is lacking, compared to the proto it can't justify the price

I do think it's the paint that is lacking, compared to the proto it can't justify the price

Honestly I’m not bothered by the price in the least, as it’s pretty much $899 + $350 for the bust, with the $899 being the original price from years ago for a standard 1/3 scale statue from Prime 1. And $350 for that size of bust is exceptional.

However because I had to import the Ultimate, it was a bit pricey in the end as it cost me about $700 AUD more than it would’ve cost me to get the regular statue plus the regular bust from Popcultcha.

I was already anticipating having to repaint the eyes, but sounds like I might have to do some work on the skin tone too. Can't believe that's even necessary with a $1400 statue like this.

I was already anticipating having to repaint the eyes, but sounds like I might have to do some work on the skin tone too. Can't believe that's even necessary with a $1400 statue like this.

Maybe not, as unless you have something like the 1/2 scale, you might not have a problem with it at all.

No this will be my first P1 statue, but I'd still like to bring it closer to the look of the proto if possible. At least if the paint really does look as flat as it does in most pics so far.

No this will be my first P1 statue, but I'd still like to bring it closer to the look of the proto if possible. At least if the paint really does look as flat as it does in most pics so far.

Some areas are detailed like the hands and fingernails but the entire skin area lacks any real noticeable tones. The bottom line is Prime just don't put enough effort into painting these 1/3 scale pieces as they do with their 1/2 scale pieces.

Just opened mine up. No pics as it went right back in the box for storage until I move.

I was a little worried about the eyes after the pics but I have to say in person it doesn't look bad, especially at normal viewing distance. Overall, I'm really happy with it. If I had to nitpick.. the skin tone is a little flat (but still looks great) and the area between the fingers on the ultimate bust that has a little paint overrun.

Things to note tho.. this is my first P1 statue, I do not have the 1/2 scale to compare. As it stands by itself it's amazing.

Just opened mine up. No pics as it went right back in the box for storage until I move.

I was a little worried about the eyes after the pics but I have to say in person it doesn't look bad, especially at normal viewing distance. Overall, I'm really happy with it. If I had to nitpick.. the skin tone is a little flat (but still looks great) and the area between the fingers on the ultimate bust that has a little paint overrun.

Things to note tho.. this is my first P1 statue, I do not have the 1/2 scale to compare. As it stands by itself it's amazing.

I think people get too harsh on their scrutiny of these... I paid full price for the deluxe and think it looks spectacular in every way..the skin hues look fine and don't get the big concern over the eyes. I have Prime 1 1/2 Batman and WW and the quality is up there but the smaller scale seemingly may look different in some ways but don't see that kind of drop off in quality

I don’t regret having sent mine back for a refund. Helped that the light up was faulty. I liked it a lot and it had great presence but $1400 is a lot of cash and i want near perfection. When I briefly had the 1/2 scale batfleck, i was completely floored. Zero flaws zero issues. Tremendous piece. So its definitely possible.

Back