Statue Prime 1 Studio - Doomsday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the feedback

I am ok with 1/3...this piece and Scarecrow are incredible.. My1/3's are Harley and Bats with Scarecrow, Mr Freeze and Joker on order(me and my son played all the games together).... Hush Supes and Bats and anything else that comes out for the line and Frank Millers Batman. While this guy can stand on his own would like to match him up with SM...guess I could pluck the SM Hush and put them together until the Hush line is complete and then decide if I need to put SM back with that group or leave him with Doomsday.

Which leads me back to the Dio..giving me a complete scene i can just plop down anywhere...

Good call. As once you go 1/3 scale, you'll never stop. Most of my current preorders nowadays are 1/3 scale. I'll have to pack away most of my 1/4 scale pieces at this rate.

Yeah I think I might have made this mistake... I just bought the Dark Knight Returns Batman, and it was my first 1/3 piece. Now... I'm hooked on that size. Sucks the pricing of them but shoot... even the 1/4's are climbing in price and some are only a couple hundred less than 1/3 pieces.

Yeah I think I might have made this mistake... I just bought the Dark Knight Returns Batman, and it was my first 1/3 piece. Now... I'm hooked on that size. Sucks the pricing of them but shoot... even the 1/4's are climbing in price and some are only a couple hundred less than 1/3 pieces.

For me it makes it easier to order 1/3 scale pieces knowing that it only costs 50% more or so for a 1/3 scale piece, but more importantly getting quality production pieces also helps in that decision, as I've been burned quite a few times by Sideshow pieces.

I am starting to get over 1/4 sideshow pieces i dont think ill be ordering anymore after Thanos. Stick to 1/3 and get prime 1,xm and maybe iron studios.

I am starting to get over 1/4 sideshow pieces i dont think ill be ordering anymore after Thanos. Stick to 1/3 and get prime 1,xm and maybe iron studios.

I don't even think Thanos is a 1/4 Sideshow piece. More like 1/3 scale, even when accounting for Thanos' greater height.

I don't even think Thanos is a 1/4 Sideshow piece. More like 1/3 scale, even when accounting for Thanos' greater height.

Still a sideshow piece and their quality is far from acceptable. That Thanos i received had a blob on his leg it was not small. I tried my best to clean it as advised by popcultcha it just spread out more. I rubbed it so much to remove it that the paint came off. Popcultcha will replace it but they "are not happy". Im peed off not only at sideshow abut also popcultcha that was a $2000 piece not a $50 toy from kmart.

Indeed - and its not so much the scale as better design and quality of execution which leads to my growing preference for P1 and XM.

I'm with you guys.... At first I was like, I need all the 1/4's I could get! Then, I sold all my 1/4's and didn't know what scale to collect. I went ahead and bought the 1/3 Dark Knight Returns to "try out" and got instantly blown away by the size and quality. Now I think I'm on board with these 1/3's and I can be picky and take my time buying them. Especially since P1 has a global website now and you can make long term payments on anything available.

I'm with you guys.... At first I was like, I need all the 1/4's I could get! Then, I sold all my 1/4's and didn't know what scale to collect. I went ahead and bought the 1/3 Dark Knight Returns to "try out" and got instantly blown away by the size and quality. Now I think I'm on board with these 1/3's and I can be picky and take my time buying them. Especially since P1 has a global website now and you can make long term payments on anything available.

I can't decide so I didn't want to sell all my 1:4 stuff. But 1:3 is so awesome and the presence is huge! But the space is my issue. Not enough space for many of them. Just look at the pic scales! WOW!

Just trying to see which Superman this might pair well with...

supeisdoomed.jpg

No.

I don't believe either one is New 52.
The exclusive Prime 1 comes with a new 52 head as an alternative display

I like the size of Prime 1 Doomsday, the outfit, but don't care for the sculpted Sups cape - hopefully looks better in person
The face seems to have too many bones in the chin area sticking out

The sideshow has a better face (more comic classic) - don't like the feet or all the other hero pieces ( a little ridiculous), I like the cape in the hand and I like the exclusive head

both statues don't seem to get the bones over the eyes right - IMO

Back