Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own almost the entire line of Legendary Sideshow (if not all), for the exception of perhaps one or two pieces which I've let go of due to lack of quality and detail, and the entire line of Prime 1 as well. (Knightmare Batman on preorder.) I've also got Imaginarium Arts, and a good set of custom productions sculpted/painted/made by movie studios, or highly reputable artists globally. (These go from 4K to 10K+ a piece depending on the artist. For Prime 1, you've missed "Ludens" from Kojima Productions which is great HDMM as well, but not so popular of character in the states and several other countries which is more than likely why it's never really posted on hand as much. All my pre-order items are fully paid off as most allowed by the company the statue is being purchased from. I consider them as "owned" even though they are not in my possession yet.

8791409b2e0e475e27104b3dbff431f8.gif

I also have the statue and I agree she's great.

Though there is a vocal minority and the odd troll who feel they must express their dislike for the piece.

I don't get the hate that it gets either. I agree i would have preferred a cheeky expression but she still looks great.

I can see both sides of the fence because whilst I'm sure she is impressive in hand, I would have preferred a more interesting face and pose. More like their 1/3 scale justice league pieces. When we're talking ridiculous prices, you have to be more picky

I can see both sides of the fence because whilst I'm sure she is impressive in hand, I would have preferred a more interesting face and pose. More like their 1/3 scale justice league pieces. When we're talking ridiculous prices, you have to be more picky

For a 1/2 scale piece, imo it was reasonably priced. Especially when you compare it to Sideshows current Legendary scale line up.

Originally, I wasn't going to get this piece, but I wa just too impatient waiting for the 2x 1/3 scale Wonder Woman (Ultimate and Training) pieces that I still have on preorder.

For a 1/2 scale piece, imo it was reasonably priced. Especially when you compare it to Sideshows current Legendary scale line up.

Originally, I wasn't going to get this piece, but I wa just too impatient waiting for the 2x 1/3 scale Wonder Woman (Ultimate and Training) pieces that I still have on preorder.

Yeah she is a nice piece and could have been more expensive no doubt. I wish I'd ordered the ultimate version when I had the chance as I prefer sculpted hair

I also have the statue and I agree she's great.

Though there is a vocal minority and the odd troll who feel they must express their dislike for the piece.

Hmm not sure it's a minority, this gets mixed reviews on facebook groups, one person even put up comparison pics of the sculpt of this piece and pics of the real Gal and most people responding to that post said it looked nothing like her. Not saying I agree with them but I can see why some people would not be happy with the likeness. I agree with generalszabo it's probably a statue you need to see in hand to fully appreciate it because IMO without going into details it just doesn't look as good as Prime's 1/3 scale ones.

Last edited:
Hmm not sure it's a minority, this gets mixed reviews on facebook groups, one person even put up comparison pics of the sculpt of this piece and pics of the real Gal and most people responding to that post said it looked nothing like her. Not saying I agree with them but I can see why some people would not be happy with the likeness. I agree with generalszabo it's probably a statue you need to see in hand to fully appreciate it because IMO without going into details it just doesn't look as good as Prime's 1/3 scale ones.

I don't disagree that the face sculpt is lacking in it's likeness to the actress. With that in mind, I still greatly appreciate and value the statue.

But I don't believe there's been a great to perfect likeness of an actress in 1/4 scale and larger in...…. well I don't know how long. There's been a couple of okay to good ones such as the 1/4 Jyn Erso, but most unfortunately imo fall short.

The ones based on male actors, have been more successful. Barring what has been said on the paint app, imo the 1/2 scale Superman from Prime 1 is almost perfect in it's likeness to the actor.

Though outside of maybe a bit more than a handful of sculpts from Prime 1, Blitzway and Iron Studios, the success rate for accuracy to an actors likeness has been extremely poor for released pieces the last half decade at least.

I don't disagree that the face sculpt is lacking in it's likeness to the actress. With that in mind, I still greatly appreciate and value the statue.

Oh yeah totally agree, it's still a great looking statue overall.

But I don't believe there's been a great to perfect likeness of an actress in 1/4 scale and larger in...…. well I don't know how long. There's been a couple of okay ones such as the 1/4 Jyn Erso, but most unfortunately imo fall short.

Hmm can't argue with you there.

The ones based on male actors, have been more successful. Barring what has been said on the paint app, imo the 1/2 scale Superman from Prime 1 is almost perfect in it's likeness to the actor.

Agreed.

Though outside of maybe a bit more than a handful of sculpts from Prime 1, Blitzway and Iron Studios, the success rate for accuracy to an actors likeness has been extremely poor for released pieces the last half decade at least.

Maybe fore the most part, but Sideshow's Indy's and Arnies are not poor, I would say the Dutch PF sculpt is the best Arnie sculpt to date.

The bigger the statue means more is required in terms of techniques and in this case, rooted hair. It's like computer games and films' uncanny valley where the closer we get to the real thing, the more we realise it is not real and start nitpicking. This is why I feel slightly caricatured likenesses look better than striving for absolute realism as it's more achievable with current limitations. Except for film studios who have millions to spend on props

What pic did they use? They changed it quite a bit from the original prototype shots and it really looks good.

What pic did they use?

He used a bunch of pics of Gal from all different angles comparing it to pics of the same angles of the sculpt on his piece, he was trying to prove that the sculpt on his piece looks like Gal, but it backfired and many people were not impressed.

They changed it quite a bit from the original prototype shots and it really looks good.

Yeah the original protoype looked nothing like Gal, at least the sculpt on this one looks like her to some degree.

Last edited:
Back