Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find her amazing but of course she could look better (mainly the expression).

As long as you are happy with it that's all matters, for me the likeness just isn't good enough for me to go out and spend over 2k USD for this. However, like I said before I don't think the likeness is bad, it's still a good statue as I can tell who it is.

WW on the horse proved this but that piece is to expensive.

That's true & probably the only reason popcultcha was able to get her in, given the low ES, Sideshow must not have gotten many preorders for it.

Last edited:
She does look good but man I actually prefer the 1/3 scale sculpts prime 1 is doing of her, you don't have the hair to deal with and the expressions are way better. The only thing I like about this one is how her sword and shield are drawn and the base is less elevated then the others. Other then that, 1/3 looks better to me and that goes for all of them, supes and batman included. I don't mind the changes to the justice league batman costume and that action pose on the 1/3 is boss, the 1/3 superman has the heat vision sculpt and a better expression on the regular head as opposed to the oh crap I just saw Pa Kents ghost look on the 1:2 scale (its hard to explain but he looks submissive, sad, defeated and scared and like he may need a nap all at the same time- not a very superheroish look)

She does look good but man I actually prefer the 1/3 scale sculpts prime 1 is doing of her, you don't have the hair to deal with and the expressions are way better.

Agreed on both accounts, but although the hair is an issue, it wasn't what stopped me from pulling the trigger on this, since you can just push the hair back over shoulders & achieve a decent look, like most owners have done. Like you I just prefer the 1/3 scale sculpts, they just look more accurate to me.

The only thing I like about this one is how her sword and shield are drawn and the base is less elevated then the others.

The other thing is that this looks very life-like, I don't think 1/3 scale ones are going to ever look as life like as this, since their protos don't.

Other then that, 1/3 looks better to me and that goes for all of them, supes and batman included. I don't mind the changes to the justice league batman costume and that action pose on the 1/3 is boss, the 1/3 superman has the heat vision sculpt and a better expression on the regular head as opposed to the oh crap I just saw Pa Kents ghost look on the 1:2 scale (its hard to explain but he looks submissive, sad, defeated and scared and like he may need a nap all at the same time- not a very superheroish look)

Very good points, I think when Prime first started they were just interested in capturing the likeness only and not very interested in capturing an expression with emotional intensity. I think they have evolved since then as now their 1/3 sculpts have more expression to them and are able to obtain the same level or even better likeness than their 1/2 scale counter parts.

Last edited:
Her face is too big. Too wide. Loses femininity in Gal’s portrait. Looks more like a man playing Gal as Wonder Woman in drag.

I don't agree, IMO the WWUE and Horseback sculpts look quite similar to each other. I don't see much similarity between this sculpt & the Horseback one.

wwue the portrait is good but it has the feeling of angry or very serious
wwue with the face of wonder woman on horseback, it's a big change

wonder woman ultimate2.jpg

That's true but I have seen a video of this statue next to the others mentioned and IMO it doesn't look as good compared to those ones. That being said, it's still the best statue there is of Gal right now & will be for quite sometime.

its true

ssnopy76 your response to my post is very confusing you make it look like I am contradicting myself on my own post. So I will just re-post what you wrote and explain what similarities I see with the WWU and Horseback sculpts.

wwue the portrait is good but it has the feeling of angry or very serious
wwue with the face of wonder woman on horseback, it's a big change

I am not talking about expressions I am talking about structural similarities.

The head shape of the WWUE is similar to Horseback and the facial features look to be in a similar proportion to that sculpt to.

Look at just the sculpts side by side, they look similar to me, not identical but pretty close.

comparision.jpg

Last edited:
ssnopy76 your response to my post is very confusing you make it look like I am contradicting myself on my own post. So I will just re-post what you wrote and explain what similarities I see with the WWU and Horseback sculpts.

I am not talking about expressions I am talking about structural similarities.

The head shape of the WWUE is similar to Horseback and the facial features look to be in a similar proportion to that sculpt to.

Look at just the sculpts side by side, they look similar to me, not identical but pretty close.

View attachment 389878

The JL and Horse WW statues almost assuredly are the same base digital sculpt with minor expression tweaks. Same with the training statue. The same sculptor also did the revised half-scale, but the perceived might come from that one being a revision of the previous head sculpt or maybe if it was rushed into production compared to the others. I'm just speculating.

Her face is too big. Too wide. Loses femininity in Gal’s portrait. Looks more like a man playing Gal as Wonder Woman in drag.

That's a good point I've been worried about, though I think it's all about the hair and lens distortion. I have no doubt that this statue looks incredible in person, and no other 1/4 or 1/3 statue would achieve this level of details.

As for likeness, IMO this statue is better than the 1/3 JL and the one on the Horse. Mostly based on the real hair, wich adds a lot of realism, and the headsculpt is wider which is more accurate to Gal. If I had to choose one statue (which I have, for space and money) of Gal's WW, is this one. I'll get the one with the training outfit also besause is good as hell :yess:

The JL and Horse WW statues almost assuredly are the same base digital sculpt with minor expression tweaks. Same with the training statue.

Yeah most likely, they all seem to have the same head shape.

The same sculptor also did the revised half-scale, but the perceived might come from that one being a revision of the previous head sculpt or maybe if it was rushed into production compared to the others. I'm just speculating.

This has been delayed and resculpted many times, so I doubt it was rushed in production, I just think Prime got better as they went but were unable to get this sculpt to look as good as the others for some unknown reason.

obviously you haven't made enough research. Her face is rather large
take a look at this:
View attachment 389940
View attachment 389941
View attachment 389942
View attachment 389943

I think what Harley means is the facial features of the face like the eyes and mouth are not in proportion with the width of her face, thus, they should be bigger than what they are, and ironically you are proving that point with the pics you posted.

Nevertheless, here is how she looked with more weight on, you can see that although her face is wide, her eyes and mouth are quite large in retrospect to her wide face.

eyes.jpg

After watching the video of the guy putting this together, I can come to two possible explanations, either the eyes and mouth are too small or the nose is too prominent, thus, making these characteristics appear smaller than they are supposed to be in relation to her wide face. All I know is something is off that is making her appear less feminine than the 1/3 scale sculpts. That being said, I wouldn't go as far as to say it looks like a man in drag as it is still quite feminine looking, it just doesn't look as pretty as the 1/3 scale ones IMO. I am sure this is a statue you have to see in person to fully appreciate it, because even the slightest variation in angles or even distance can make this go from looking amazing to looking just ok.

Last edited:
All pics so far poor- the skin looks flashed out and I tell you it is the famous lens distortion when you get up close on face at odd angles- same thing occurs with even 1/6 figures. 1/2 Batman had a few problems like this but in hand let me say the pics don't even come close to doing it justice

In hand the statues are different we had the same issues with 1:2 Battfleck and 1:2 Sups. The only negative on this statue is her facial expression i would have preferred a more aggressive or cheeky expression but we cant have everything.

All pics so far poor- the skin looks flashed out and I tell you it is the famous lens distortion when you get up close on face at odd angles- same thing occurs with even 1/6 figures.

I do agree that Len's distortion can do some strange things which is why I am only going by the video I saw of it by that guy who put her together and the other video of it next to the WWUE one, since so far people have yet to take professional pictures of the head sculpt from front on. I just want to make one thing clear, I don't think the sculpt on this sucks, far from it, I think it looks fine from what I have seen, it just looks less feminine looking than the 1/3 scale sculpts.

1/2 Batman had a few problems like this but in hand let me say the pics don't even come close to doing it justice

I don't see how it could look any better in person as it looks perfect from what I have seen in pictures & videos. Does it look more life-like in person?

Last edited:
This video was from December i think the sclupt has been tweaked some more but its his view on this piece. And the lighting will be the same for all the pieces so its a good way to see the 1/2 scales in comparison to the other statues.

This is Wonder on Horse. The head a sculpt on this is as close to 100% as you can get its mind blowing.

The 1/2 scale looks the most human out of all of them in my opinion.

The 1/3 are in this video.

Yes those videos above were the ones I was talking about, especially the last video where you see both the 1/2 scale and the 1/3 scale ones together in the same video, which IMO showed the 1/2 scale one didn't look as good as 1/3 scale ones. Nevertheless, I was still thinking about getting it but it bothered me how different it could look depending on the angle and distance in pictures, after it was released, that's when I thought something is off about it. So after watching this video below, I just wasn't convinced enough that it was worth getting.

That being said, I do agree with you that the 1/2 scale one looks the most human out of all of them, the realistic paint job in combination with the real hair is why it looks so Life-like. I just don't share your view that it is the second most accurate WW sculpt, but that doesn't mean I am trying to convince you that it isn't. My synopsis on the previous page was just offering a few reasons as to why people like myself think it looks less feminine than the 1/3 scale ones. It was not attended to bash the sculpt of the statue, as it still has plenty going for it, namely that it still actually looks like Gal.

Like I said before all that matters is what you think of it, so you if you think it's great then I am happy for you. I still think it is a fantastic piece and will go well for those like yourself who want the complete the trinity.

Last edited:
I think in general (especially considering the price of 1/2 statues) there should not be so much confusion on whether this WM piece looks bad or awkward due to so many different reasons (ie. angle, lighting, which version sculpt we're talking about, how to handle the hair, what kind of camera is used, etc.) I really wanted to like this piece when it was first announced (Gal Gadot in 1.2 scale, who didn't want it to turn out amazing!) but again taking into consideration the price and real estate a 1/2 piece takes up there shouldn't be so many lingering questions about it.

For example with the LSF Dr. Doom (in my opinion) I didn't have an issue if it was 4K pictures or someone's crappy cell phone video at Comic Con because it looked good in every lighting, every angle, quality of picture/camera etc. Whereas this WM has way too many questions and variables that just scare me.

Yeah tacticnf those are my thoughts as well, it's the uncertainty that scares me with this piece, sometimes I think it looks great, then other times I am like oh something looks off. I would love to have a huge statue of Gal, but the likeness needs to be pretty much bang on, which IMO it just isn't.

Last edited:
Back