Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why?

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

I'm assuming the assumption here is that the resale value for us who own her improves (or rather doesn't decrease from its current 'market value' etc) if the piece is finally out of stock (or close to) from the various retailers.

I'm assuming the assumption here is that the resale value for us who own her improves (or rather doesn't decrease from its current 'market value' etc) if the piece is finally out of stock (or close to) from the various retailers.
This statue shouldn't be easy to sell, given the high cost in shipping. Maybe only in the same country, but I live in a small country where not many people collects high end statues...

This statue shouldn't be easy to sell, given the high cost in shipping. Maybe only in the same country, but I live in a small country where not many people collects high end statues...

I more or less agree. As Australia's population isn't much more than Chile'.

I wouldn't even know how to sell any of my pieces here in Australia. I've been told to go to one of the buy/sell/trade groups, but I'm not too sure how practical they would be.

Most statues decrease in price it's nice knowing that your statue maybe worth more than what you paid for it even if you don't intend to sell it.

I don't disagree that the face sculpt is lacking in it's likeness to the actress. With that in mind, I still greatly appreciate and value the statue.

But I don't believe there's been a great to perfect likeness of an actress in 1/4 scale and larger in...…. well I don't know how long. There's been a couple of okay to good ones such as the 1/4 Jyn Erso, but most unfortunately imo fall short.

The ones based on male actors, have been more successful. Barring what has been said on the paint app, imo the 1/2 scale Superman from Prime 1 is almost perfect in it's likeness to the actor.

Though outside of maybe a bit more than a handful of sculpts from Prime 1, Blitzway and Iron Studios, the success rate for accuracy to an actors likeness has been extremely poor for released pieces the last half decade at least.

I agree with you, except our prayers has been listened and we have this one now:

attachment.php

That 1:1 bust would be my holy grail and my retirement I hope :rotfl

Those busts are amazing, has slowly lifted me from my anger of missing on the P1 version lol.

Yeah for a while I was regretting not buying the staue but after seeing both Infinity's and Queen's Busts, I am relieved that I didn't buy it. The likeness on Primes just doesn't compare to the likeness on those busts. That being said, this is still a great statue of WW.

Yeah for a while I was regretting not buying the staue but after seeing both Infinity's and Queen's Busts, I am relieved that I didn't buy it. The likeness on Primes just doesn't compare to the likeness on those busts. That being said, this is still a great statue of WW.

Yes, likeness is better, but I generally prefer full statues to busts so I don't mind it being a little off. I am probably still getting the infinity bust too though. It will be an epic display pair.

Yes, likeness is better, but I generally prefer full statues to busts so I don't mind it being a little off.

I prefer full statues to bust as well, which is why I was going back and forth about buying the statue, for me I felt that the busts showed just how off the likeness was on Prime's one. That's why I am relieved I didn't buy Primes one because I know I would not be happy with it, not saying the sculpt is bad, just for me it's not good enough, the likeness on the Training one is better, but that doesn't look as realistic as the 1/2 scale one.

I am probably still getting the infinity bust too though. It will be an epic display pair.

Yeah sure would be.

Last edited:
I prefer full statues to bust as well, which is why I was going back and forth about buying the statue, for me I felt that the busts showed just how off the likeness was on Prime's one. That's why I am relieved I didn't buy Primes one because I know I would not be happy with it, not saying the sculpt is bad, just for me it's not good enough, the likeness on the Training one is better, but that doesn't look as realistic as the 1/2 scale one.

Yeah sure would be.
I haven't seen a pic of the 1/2 that really does the likeness justice. It is not perfect, but it is definitely her. It wouldn't look bad next to the bust at all, and probably even closer considering production piece will not look quite as perfect anyway.

I haven't seen a pic of the 1/2 that really does the likeness justice. It is not perfect, but it is definitely her. It wouldn't look bad next to the bust at all, and probably even closer considering production piece will not look quite as perfect anyway.

The superman 1/2 scale is in the same boat it looks much better in person than it does in photos.

Back