Prime 1 Studio Darkseid 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman was done really well until the stupid robot. Superman had his moments, especially concerning the relationship with Wonder Woman. Pretty much everything else ended up being a giant mess. 3-4 years after Rebirth we'll get another reboot. DC has to get that #1 issue money after people start abandoning the monthly comics due to their poor management.

Batman was done really well until the stupid robot. Superman had his moments, especially concerning the relationship with Wonder Woman. Pretty much everything else ended up being a giant mess. 3-4 years after Rebirth we'll get another reboot. DC has to get that #1 issue money after people start abandoning the monthly comics due to their poor management.

I liked the Superman titles the least...they were the first ones I dropped

I liked the Superman titles the least...they were the first ones I dropped

Superman wasn't bad at the beginning but really got bad as they went on. Most of the storylines for Superman were just horrible (losing his secret identity and his powers were awful), but I really like the Superman Wonder Woman series. I liked Superman's role in Justice League too.

Superman wasn't bad at the beginning but really got bad as they went on. Most of the storylines for Superman were just horrible (losing his secret identity and his powers were awful), but I really like the Superman Wonder Woman series. I liked Superman's role in Justice League too.

I didn't like issue 1 from the get go, but I stuck with it just in case & that never happened

:lol To each their own. I liked seeing Superman with Wonder Woman--which really surprised me. Seeing each one deal with the people/problems in the other's life was fun. I enjoyed seeing the pantheon of gods deal with a Kryptonian. Plus, Zod and Faora came back for a little while so that was pretty much all I needed to be happy.

[emoji38] To each their own. I liked seeing Superman with Wonder Woman--which really surprised me. Seeing each one deal with the people/problems in the other's life was fun. I enjoyed seeing the pantheon of gods deal with a Kryptonian. Plus, Zod and Faora came back for a little while so that was pretty much all I needed to be happy.
See I didnt like Superman and Wonder woman. I always prefered Lois as his anchor especially to his humanity. Wonder Woman doesn't provide that.

See I didnt like Superman and Wonder woman. I always prefered Lois as his anchor especially to his humanity. Wonder Woman doesn't provide that.

Me too. I also prefer Spider-Man with Mary Jane only.

I was surprised that I liked Superman with Wonder Woman but it clicked with me for some reason. I think part of it was that they showed Superman trying to be Wonder Woman's anchor to humanity in little ways like his explanation for why he has a secret identity. It was an interesting twist. If they would have had good writers, DC could have had a very interesting love triangle between Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lois--comparing and contrasting the two relationships and exploring what was truly important to him in the type of person he'd want to be with.

I don't know why we have to suffer with countless reboots every few years it seems like...if they'd have a damn plan from the start, Marvel & DC wouldn't have to rely on new #1's to bring people in

Batman seems to be the only character that ended up remotely close to being right

I agree. Get it right and all these reboots don't have to happen. Look at the run Marvel and DC had through the 70's and 80's. Decades of great runs and books. It all started to change in the 90's. Most books nowadays from Marvel and DC are crap IMO. The only New 52 DC books I collected were Batman and Justice League.

I never read comics but loved the new 52 art work so I bought them all until the art went way down hill :(

What a grumpy old men show this thread is^^

New 52 had quite a few gems: Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Batman, Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, Omega Men, Justice League (later on at least), Action Comics when Greg Pak took over, Grayson, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Superman Unchained, Penguin Pain And Prejudice, All Star Western, Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow run... and those are only the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Truth be told, when people suddenly hate everything a publisher does, it is mostly because they want out of comics for other reasons anyhow, because otherwise there are ALWAYS books that are great. No matter which reboot or era of comics and which publisher. It will be the same with the Rebirth stuff.

New 52 had quite a few gems: Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, Batman, Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, Omega Men, Justice League (later on at least), Action Comics when Greg Pak took over, Grayson, Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Superman Unchained, Penguin Pain And Prejudice, All Star Western, Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow run... and those are only the ones I can name off the top of my head.

Truth be told, when people suddenly hate everything a publisher does, it is mostly because they want out of comics for other reasons anyhow, because otherwise there are ALWAYS books that are great. No matter which reboot or era of comics and which publisher. It will be the same with the Rebirth stuff.

:rotfl:lol..yeah quite a bit of "get off my lawn" eh. lol

3/4 of those books you named I found to be crap. So blah blah blah, glad its over.

I don't know enough about old vs the new 52 story line to even offer any comment in this discussion. :dunno

But who's to say Rebirth is the last reboot? Just saying .....

But who's to say Rebirth is the last reboot? Just saying .....

There will always be reboots in comics. However, when done right, they can last decades and leave memorable runs. Look at how long the silver and bronze age of comics lasted and the incredible stories that came out of that era.

That's my point, tho. We don't know if the changes from Rebirth is going to be any good. We might end up seeing another reboot.

My hope is that they finally get it right and no longer need to do reboots. The silver and bronze age of comics is the standard that I hope they finally reach with this last reboot. Crossing fingers.

That's my point, tho. We don't know if the changes from Rebirth is going to be any good. We might end up seeing another reboot.

My hope is that they finally get it right and no longer need to do reboots. The silver and bronze age of comics is the standard that I hope they finally reach with this last reboot. Crossing fingers.

Yeah, there are no guarantees but I'm still glad it's happening. I didn't enjoy the New 52. Like you said, hopefully they get this one right.

Back