Statue Prime 1 Studio - Batman Vs Superman-1:2 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered one. Gonna sell half my stuff now. Jesus.

Trying hard to talk myself out of this, but it looks great. I sold most of my other 1:2 figures and busts, I try to focus on 1:4 and 1:1. I may make an exception for this one.

I was hoping it would stick around long enough to get a deal, but that does not look like it will happen and who knows what the aftermarket will do. The 1:3 P1 stuff has not risen much yet. if a Bale or Keaton comes out I might lean that way as I probably would feel the need to get the Trinity with this one.

Trying hard to talk myself out of this, but it looks great. I sold most of my other 1:2 figures and busts, I try to focus on 1:4 and 1:1. I may make an exception for this one.

I was hoping it would stick around long enough to get a deal, but that does not look like it will happen and who knows what the aftermarket will do. The 1:3 P1 stuff has not risen much yet. if a Bale or Keaton comes out I might lean that way as I probably would feel the need to get the Trinity with this one.

Dammit...why did you have to go and mention a 1/2 scale bale and Keaton?? If they weren't on my radar before, they are now...

Just ordered one. Gonna sell half my stuff now. Jesus.

yhcw.gif

Thanks guys!
That table set was something I got in 1999 (!) from the old SCAN Furniture Co. The end table is 20 x 30 & has a metal frame. It's tank tough and perfect size for displaying this monster.

The P1 Statue is just flat out amazing. There's so much meticulous detail everywhere...in the various different sculpted pieces, the cloth suit, the cape, the subtle weathering everywhere...and that face sculpt is pure gold. I know the phrase "pictures don't do it justice" is overused, but it's tough for the camera to pick up the translucent nature of the paint apps & detail of the sculpt. The suit has a slightly tacky texture, almost like the rubber parts on your Converse Chuck Taylors. I don't know if it's glued on, or if they used heat shrink, or a combination of both, but its super-tight. The cape is solid, drapes well, & the folds for the cowl/shoulder are sewn in & easy to futz & throw over the shoulder. If anyone has any questions, I'll try my best to answer them.

Gonna go stare at it for a while. Bye.:wave :lol

Ha! Enjoy! I'd be doing the same thing.

Its hard to gauge 1:2 stuff. I don't think I've seen any of them skyrocket in the aftermarket, but I have seen them go for over retail. I have a feeling this one will be the one that ends up being worth the most. Although its hard to tell since the other 3 BvS statues haven't come out yet. It looks like the Cavill Superman will be another masterpiece if it turns out like this one did.

Not sure if the camera can resolve this correctly, but yeah....that's little bits of gray in the stubble. You're f'ing kidding me.
20170208_233645.jpg
20170208_233718.jpg

It's hard to explain how much detailed little paint apps there are. On the suit, if you look real close, it's basically a light pale blue with the patterned texture on it. But in all the creases, muscle definition, seams, folds, there's this dingy gray & brown that gives it the battle worn look. Close inspection of the gouges on the emblem reveal tiny red lines inside the scratches but highlighted again with the gray. The seams & lines in the gloves & boots have similar apps. All the gold trim is battle scarred & aged with black apps & look great. All these little details in the paint just add so much realism. The size, the weight, the presence, the execution, Prime 1 really did themselves proud with this piece. I really feel like I got my money's worth with this statue, and I felt the same way with the AK Bats. I'd rather spend the extra $$$ and get real quality.

Not sure if the camera can resolve this correctly, but yeah....that's little bits of gray in the stubble. You're f'ing kidding me.

It's hard to explain how much detailed little paint apps there are. On the suit, if you look real close, it's basically a light pale blue with the patterned texture on it. But in all the creases, muscle definition, seams, folds, there's this dingy gray & brown that gives it the battle worn look. Close inspection of the gouges on the emblem reveal tiny red lines inside the scratches but highlighted again with the gray. The seams & lines in the gloves & boots have similar apps. All the gold trim is battle scarred & aged with black apps & look great. All these little details in the paint just add so much realism. The size, the weight, the presence, the execution, Prime 1 really did themselves proud with this piece. I really feel like I got my money's worth with this statue, and I felt the same way with the AK Bats. I'd rather spend the extra $$$ and get real quality.

Yeah, you can tell that they took time and care to achieve that look on every sculpt, every unit. That details on the stubble may not be a big deal to many but seeing how P1 didn't cut corners on such minute detail makes you know that they took this project very seriously. Again in HT's life-size figure you won't see this. The stubbles were shorter and painted too light -- like just blowing up their 1/6 figure. P1 captured Ben's rugged and aged look as well as the battle-worn suit on screen.

EDIT: Love your display room, Karnis!

If Sideshow's not doing any 1/2 scale comic versions I hope they let Prime 1 do them. I'd love to have the comic versions of the trinity in this scale.

Well, the only thing I can say is that the hype is real, it's a spectacular statue, arrived in perfect condition, not a hint of slop or any issues at all for that matter.

Pictures can't do the face sculpt justice, it's insanely realistic.

....and the stubble? Yeah...it's coarse & stubbly, not just painted. Unreal. Same with the moles. Kinda freaky.

A few quick pics...I'll try & get some more tonight.

View attachment 322299
View attachment 322300
View attachment 322302

You did him right with your beautiful display!

great piece guys!! congrats to all who are getting this. I'm personally using all restraint, wife will leave if I start getting into 1/2 scale LOL!!

Once you see this in person nothing else will do- worth every penny and once sold out will be a grail expensive item!

Thanks spindrift & HeubertMichael for the kind words, much appreciated!

I finally got the cape futzed the way I like it. I went with a slightly broader over the shoulder look to give him a beefier appearance....wanted to get a lot of folds on the bottom of the cape too in the absence of the tattered edges.

I got mine before work today. Finally opened it up a bit ago. I've never had to work so much to unpack a statue, but it was absolutely worth it. This is why I'm such a prime1 mark...they deliver like no one else as far as their products go.

No pics as indoor lighting + my camera is no good, but wow. What a statue.

Back