Prime 1 Studio: Batman v Superman - 1:2 Armored Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they have other Prime 1 Studios statues on display? If so, can you take some pics? I'm fully sold on their products and I'm curious to see how they look or what prototypes they might have planned.

Yes they do! I'm now uncertain if I can go back as my eyes suddenly got red and itchy like it's infected or something, so I might have to settle for my crappy cellphone pics. Will post them on 1/3 Arkham Knight and 1/2 Batman and Superman BvS threads.

d833a763dcb68349767e36a4362b7c18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so excited about this piece, I am even thinking about getting regular Batman from this line as well...Mmmm decision decisions.

Hey can you guys help me make a decision?

I currently have on pre order both Hot Toys Batman figures from BvS, the armored Batman PF from Sideshow and will probably get the Frank Miller 1/3 scale Batman when they unveil that at SDCC.
All together this will cost me roughly as much as this half scale statue. Now I am contemplating if it might be cooler to cancel all those and just get this monstrous bad boy instead.
What do you guys think? I was initially against it since its so much money for a statue, but when I end up spending the same amount anyway, why not go for it, right?

I currently have on pre order both Hot Toys Batman figures from BvS, the armored Batman PF from Sideshow and will probably get the Frank Miller 1/3 scale Batman when they unveil that at SDCC.
All together this will cost me roughly as much as this half scale statue. Now I am contemplating if it might be cooler to cancel all those and just get this monstrous bad boy instead.
What do you guys think? I was initially against it since its so much money for a statue, but when I end up spending the same amount anyway, why not go for it, right?

I found myself asking the same questions before, I had pre-order the armored, I own Man of Steel's Superman also, so I decided to cancel the PF and sell my Man of Steel's Superman(I will be also getting 1/2 scale Superman statue)... Just think about it, there will be no other piece that can be compared to this giant statue(Well only the life size version but that's a horse of a different color)...so no PF is going to call such attention as this piece will...also space wise will consume a lot of your collection room and it will be kind of redundant having the same character represented on different formats...although you can buy them both and decorate another room with the smaller piece. I decided that I only needed one so I will stick to the 1/2 scale collectibles. Hope this would help.

Nothing beats a 1/2 scale statue! I thought I was crazy when I dived in with my first (Dr. Doom) but my god are these things ever a show stopper especially when you have guests over etc. 1/4 scale, premium format etc, yeah they're cool but take a look at this! lol

It's a dangerous slope since you'll most likely want to get another 1/2 scale statue if they keep pumping out such great looking pieces and it will end up costing you an arm and a leg and you probably won't have as large of a collection (by variety) and the other complaint from most people is space constraints for display purposes..

The total amount might be the same but several smaller pieces allow you to sell some down the line when you grow tired of them or want to fund other purchases.

Another advantage is that they offer you a more varied display, and more display options with the Hot Toys. Plus you'll be able to move them in your room and renew the pleasure of contemplating them.

This half scale armored Bat might be awesome and all, but it will just stand where you leave him and never change afterwards. Will you still admire it after several years? Will you be able to part from it if you don't?

Moreover, I think the SSC Armored Batman PF looks good enough already.

Anyway, I'd go for variety and flexibility, but in the end it's up to you. :)

I found myself asking the same questions before, I had pre-order the armored, I own Man of Steel's Superman also, so I decided to cancel the PF and sell my Man of Steel's Superman(I will be also getting 1/2 scale Superman statue)... Just think about it, there will be no other piece that can be compared to this giant statue(Well only the life size version but that's a horse of a different color)...so no PF is going to call such attention as this piece will...also space wise will consume a lot of your collection room and it will be kind of redundant having the same character represented on different formats...although you can buy them both and decorate another room with the smaller piece. I decided that I only needed one so I will stick to the 1/2 scale collectibles. Hope this would help.

Nothing beats a 1/2 scale statue! I thought I was crazy when I dived in with my first (Dr. Doom) but my god are these things ever a show stopper especially when you have guests over etc. 1/4 scale, premium format etc, yeah they're cool but take a look at this! lol

It's a dangerous slope since you'll most likely want to get another 1/2 scale statue if they keep pumping out such great looking pieces and it will end up costing you an arm and a leg and you probably won't have as large of a collection (by variety) and the other complaint from most people is space constraints for display purposes..

The total amount might be the same but several smaller pieces allow you to sell some down the line when you grow tired of them or want to fund other purchases.

Another advantage is that they offer you a more varied display, and more display options with the Hot Toys. Plus you'll be able to move them in your room and renew the pleasure of contemplating them.

This half scale armored Bat might be awesome and all, but it will just stand where you leave him and never change afterwards. Will you still admire it after several years? Will you be able to part from it if you don't?

Moreover, I think the SSC Armored Batman PF looks good enough already.

Anyway, I'd go for variety and flexibility, but in the end it's up to you. :)

Thanks for the awesome feedback, guys! Yeah, I have to figure out what to do. My only gripe is the weird feeling of paying that much money for one piece, you know?
@Iamdabatman yeah I know what you mean, but I only have a few Hot Toys and always display them in museum poses, which haven't changed in years, so I am not one of those guys who gives them a new look every once in a while with a new pose. And the selling thing is a good point too, but I only tend to sell non Batman pieces. I highly doubt I would ever wanna get rid of the Miller inspired Batfleck mech suit to be honest. But you are right... you never know.

The slippery slope tactinf speaks of worries me as well, BUT even if I would end up getting another one, that might make my collection smaller in individual pieces, which I wouldn't really mind tbh.

@Han_Solo: Yeah I think this one would suffice as far as the armored Batman goes, but I might wanna add another normal suited Batfleck to the mix. Not in 1/2 scale tho (at least thats what I say now lol).

Holy hell... I am in deep as soon as Prime 1 announces the Bale Batman in half scale. Only thing that would keep me from getting him is that I already own the LS bust and 1/4 HT.

I just love movie versions of Batman most as statues. Don't get me wrong, I am a comics guy first and foremost, but somehow for statues the movies versions have something that I just can't get enough of.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, guys! Yeah, I have to figure out what to do. My only gripe is the weird feeling of paying that much money for one piece, you know?
@Iamdabatman yeah I know what you mean, but I only have a few Hot Toys and always display them in museum poses, which haven't changed in years, so I am not one of those guys who gives them a new look every once in a while with a new pose. And the selling thing is a good point too, but I only tend to sell non Batman pieces. I highly doubt I would ever wanna get rid of the Miller inspired Batfleck mech suit to be honest. But you are right... you never know.

The slippery slope tactinf speaks of worries me as well, BUT even if I would end up getting another one, that might make my collection smaller in individual pieces, which I wouldn't really mind tbh.

@Han_Solo: Yeah I think this one would suffice as far as the armored Batman goes, but I might wanna add another normal suited Batfleck to the mix. Not in 1/2 scale tho (at least thats what I say now lol).

Holy hell... I am in deep as soon as Prime 1 announces the Bale Batman in half scale. Only thing that would keep me from getting him is that I already own the LS bust and 1/4 HT.

I just love movie versions of Batman most as statues. Don't get me wrong, I am a comics guy first and foremost, but somehow for statues the movies versions have something that I just can't get enough of.

That's what I meant, no need for more armored if you have 1/2 scale statue...I have Bale PF statue plus Joker PF preordered because I will also like to have those on display.

That's what I meant, no need for more armored if you have 1/2 scale statue...I have Bale PF statue plus Joker PF preordered because I will also like to have those on display.

Awesome! Me too. It's Balebats and Ledger Joker. How could I say no to that?!^^

Awesome! Me too. It's Balebats and Ledger Joker. How could I say no to that?!^^

Indeed...Although I rank Bale's Bruce Wayne higher than Affleck's and Affleck's Batman higher than Bale's...just my personal opinion of course...and no one's Joker compares to Ledger's so no question there...I think we are just beginning to discover the extend of Affleck's Batman...give him more time and his upcoming movies as the masked crusader and you will see what I'm talking about.

Indeed...Although I rank Bale's Bruce Wayne higher than Affleck's and Affleck's Batman higher than Bale's...just my personal opinion of course...and no one's Joker compares to Ledger's so no question there...I think we are just beginning to discover the extend of Affleck's Batman...give him more time and his upcoming movies as the masked crusader and you will see what I'm talking about.

That is a reasonable ranking imo. I am not sure I would say the same tho. Bale has such a big place in my heart, I can't put anything above him as either Batman or Bruce, even if I might agree that Affleck's version was amazing! He was a tiny bit too on the murdery side for me to put him above Bale. Apparently that will change with JL, as he said in the new info that got dropped today.

That is a reasonable ranking imo. I am not sure I would say the same tho. Bale has such a big place in my heart, I can't put anything above him as either Batman or Bruce, even if I might agree that Affleck's version was amazing! He was a tiny bit too on the murdery side for me to put him above Bale. Apparently that will change with JL, as he said in the new info that got dropped today.

Whereee? :thud:

By the way guys...if you feel the need to obtain the other version of Batman also in 1/2 scale from Prime 1, here is a code that is going to save you $200 off the original price...Which I consider a great promo code. 10% OFF!!! Obviously I was forced to get it because of this hehehe.

UPSMATT0CYNRAL = 10% OFF - Batman 1/2 scale Statue at www.sideshowtoy.com

P.D: It only works with this version and this item only. Hurry because it expires on 7/4/16.

By the way guys...if you feel the need to obtain the other version of Batman also in 1/2 scale from Prime 1, here is a code that is going to save you $200 off the original price...Which I consider a great promo code. 10% OFF!!! Obviously I was forced to get it because of this hehehe.

UPSMATT0CYNRAL = 10% OFF - Batman 1/2 scale Statue at www.sideshowtoy.com

P.D: It only works with this version and this item only. Hurry because it expires on 7/4/16.

Thats SUPER nice of you, man! Thanks so much for the heads up! I won't be using it tho, since me ordering at SSC would still cost me more than ordering over here at a European retailer. I am also not sure if I could afford both of those that quick after each other. I might go for the normal Batman after I have the armored one for a while. So excited for this beast. My first half scale statue :)
Hey, do you get both, or only the normal one?

Thats SUPER nice of you, man! Thanks so much for the heads up! I won't be using it tho, since me ordering at SSC would still cost me more than ordering over here at a European retailer. I am also not sure if I could afford both of those that quick after each other. I might go for the normal Batman after I have the armored one for a while. So excited for this beast. My first half scale statue :)
Hey, do you get both, or only the normal one?

We have to help each other out specially with prices raising up so fast.

Yes these statues look amazing! Originally I was only getting Batman Armored and Superman but after receiving this code I decided to go with the regular Batman as well so all 3! All in! Hoping to get wonder Woman also when she comes up...hopefully not too soon though...:pray:

Back