Statue Prime 1 Studio Batman Legacy 1/5 Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
attachment.php

Is this an Arkham Asylum/City Batman? I'll be so upset if it is. I've been hoping for a 1/3 Arkham Asylum/City Bats since P1 had the Arkham license.

Interesting scale, can't say I've ever seen anything in 1/5 scale before. Makes sense that they develop lines for the majority of us collectors who don't have the space for loads of 1/3 scale statues. They can't do much in 1/4 scale because of SS so this could be the perfect compromise.

Since I'm not into armoured Batsuits this was the only Bat suit I liked from the games. Looking forward to the full reveal.

Interested to see how this turns out but I probably won't be buying due to the 1/5 scale and it is game-based (both of which I've tried to steer away from).

It’s Arkham City.

MOTHER$#@*%! I was desperately waiting for a 1/3 Arkham City Bats. I'm so disappointed to hear this. Watch this piece turn out to be superb. I can't believe my luck. Anyway, pass for me. I don't collect 1/5 statues.

Having just pre-ordered the 1/4 scale new 52 Batman I am bit unsure about this. Before I would have been super excited but the scale wouldnt fit with the other 2 1/4 scale comic pieces ill own. Will keep an eye out though, although kinda a bummer for those who have been collecting the 1/3 line.

Thanks for creating a thread so fast, BurningRage! Subscribed!

I will keep this statue on my radar!

They must realise there are a ton of fans of their stuff that can't do 1/3 because of the size and price.

1/4 is a no go on most licences so this allows them to gauge the demand at this scale.

If these sell well they might expand to 1/5 comic book lines in future. I could collect an entire line in this scale but for now I'm just picking the pieces I like best from various lines in 1/3 scale.

They must realise there are a ton of fans of their stuff that can't do 1/3 because of the size and price.

1/4 is a no go on most licences so this allows them to gauge the demand at this scale.

If these sell well they might expand to 1/5 comic book lines in future. I could collect an entire line in this scale but for now I'm just picking the pieces I like best from various lines in 1/3 scale.

This is no doubt the reason for this move. Selling roughly a 1000 pieces very slowly at 1/3 scale prices compared to moving possibly three times that amount at 1/5 prices must be an alluring business proposition.

I say that but P1 is now up to $800 for a 1/4 scale piece. 1/5 isn't taking any less time to produce nor manufacture. Sure they'll save money on production space, the slightly less materials, and shipping costs all around, but how much of that affects the final sales price? $500?

This is no doubt the reason for this move. Selling roughly a 1000 pieces very slowly at 1/3 scale prices compared to moving possibly three times that amount at 1/5 prices must be an alluring business proposition.

I say that but P1 is now up to $800 for a 1/4 scale piece. 1/5 isn't taking any less time to produce nor manufacture. Sure they'll save money on production space, the slightly less materials, and shipping costs all around, but how much of that affects the final sales price? $500?

Minimum. Especially given what Sideshow themselves are charging for their more recent 1/5 scale Avengers Assemble pieces.

And Prime 1 do love their large and detailed bases.

These prices seem to be rising way above any level of natural inflation. Getting out of hand. In just a few months the Hush line jumped $200 in price when they put Huntress up for pre-order. How much by the time they get to Catwoman. :lol

1/5 scale shouldn't be more than $500-600 or it kinda defeats the purpose of them trying to entice those looking for a more affordable price point.

Here are Prime1 answer to some of the questions from FB group. So it looks like comic inspired by different artist are covered as well, based on the comment that this was inspired from DC Black & White collection.

I'm huge Batman fan and I have collections in all scales so I'm excited for this line.

Prime 1 Studio: Batman rogue also Harley, Ivy etc is coming ;)
Prime 1 Studio: Not only Arkham many different iteration version we are planning to make.
Prime 1 Studio: First wave of Batman clan should be around November~ December.
Prime 1 Studio: We are huge fan of DC Black and White collection. This new collection will be inspire by this but in full color. We are very excite to able to show you guys first lineup upcoming months.
Question Besides obviously batman and his rogues, are there any chance of the members of batfamily making it in to this line?
Prime 1 Studio: Yes and also Justice league

Here are Prime1 answer to some of the questions from FB group. So it looks like comic inspired by different artist are covered as well, based on the comment that this was inspired from DC Black & White collection.

I'm huge Batman fan and I have collections in all scales so I'm excited for this line.

Prime 1 Studio: Batman rogue also Harley, Ivy etc is coming ;)
Prime 1 Studio: Not only Arkham many different iteration version we are planning to make.
Prime 1 Studio: First wave of Batman clan should be around November~ December.
Prime 1 Studio: We are huge fan of DC Black and White collection. This new collection will be inspire by this but in full color. We are very excite to able to show you guys first lineup upcoming months.
Question Besides obviously batman and his rogues, are there any chance of the members of batfamily making it in to this line?
Prime 1 Studio: Yes and also Justice league

Oh wow so not just the Arkham games and we might get other DC characters to, awesome! Really hope we a classic looking Flash from this line since SS never seem to get around to him.

Their 1/4 scale New 52 line is noticeably bigger than SS 1/4 stuff. These will probably be on the big side to and maybe look closer to 1/4 than true 1/5 scale.

Wow, if there going to do the Justice League in 1:5, I'm now rethinking about collecting Tweeterhead and XM's 1:6 scale..... Damn things keep changing fast.....

Very interested in this line if the price is fair and the bases aren't huge. I'm having to pick 1/3 scales very selectively but this smaller scale would allow me to complete a line in theory.

I have the Avengers Assemble in 1/5 and it is great size...I would imagine with P1 larger bases the difference will be marginal to others 1/4...looking forward to see what they have on deck.

Back