Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Akham Knight - Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He can still approach SS for assistance. Not blaming them but seeing if they can help. Even if they charge for the new packaging. File a complaint with UPS first and get them to reimburse him for the replacement packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can still approach SS for assistance. Not blaming them but seeing if they can help. Even if they charge for the new packaging. File a complaint with UPS first and get them to reimburse him for the replacement packaging.

Agreed- very reasonable.

But to those calling to have SSC handle this... c'mon. That really is irrational.

Glad the statue was ok. But when it's time to move or re-sale it's going to suck. It might be worth reaching out to Sideshow to see if they can provide you with replacement packaging.

As far as I know, ssc no longer replace damaged boxes.

careyb, hope your Batman survived.

Any problem and you may already know this, contact [email protected] send your Figures full edition# top corner of picture box,where you purchased it,and pics of the damage.They are pretty good about resolving any problems with their merch.

careyb, hope your Batman survived.

Any problem and you may already know this, contact [email protected] send your Figures full edition# top corner of picture box,where you purchased it,and pics of the damage.They are pretty good about resolving any problems with their merch.

Thanks .. appreciate that ... Batman did survive .The damage was on the side where the cape is housed The statue and all of the parts are Ok ... lucky

Got on the wait-list for the EX around mid-November, converted in just a few days on the 22nd and shipped. Right after it shipped the wait-list option was removed from SS's site :) Finally received it yesterday after a huge shipping mix-up at Sideshow. (They printed the UPS shipping label and somehow stuck it on a HT Obi-Wan figure box instead of the P1 Batman LOL!!!. You could imagine my initial disappointment. Had to call and hassle them just to get the right product shipped in a timely manner. All is well now.)

This is an amazing statue. My first P1 piece - Number 646 of 1000. Honestly, pictures do not do it justice. I had NO intentions of getting this until I saw the P1 Redhood in person at the Hot Toys "Toy Hunter" retail store in Hong Kong. The P1 pieces are truly excellent.

Most people probably know these details by now since this piece has been out for a while, but I thought I'd note somethings that I did not know prior to owning the statue:
  • You may have heard the Cape is a good quality, heavy fabric. But I was surprised that the back side is a good leather-imitation, while the front is a silk-imitation. (I could not tell the cape had pleather/vinyl in any of the pictures I saw.)
  • The wire for posing the cape is a heavy gauge. Much heavier than the wire in any SS cape/fabric. There are also multiple wires in the cape, not just along the sides. There is one running to each "peak/point" at the bottom of the cape.
  • The Exclusive version comes with 2 Batarangs. A plastic/resin one that actually fits into the exclusive hand, and a metal version that is meant to be laid on the base for display.
  • The paint work on the piece is great! But it really shines on the mouth area. It looks like they may have used translucent resin in this area to give it more depth? (Again, much better than the SS flesh-tone paint applications.)

draekus:
[/QUOTE]

real nice set up draekus,Batman looks totally awesome,excellent Cape work.Congrats

when I got mine I was blown away,detail,size all of it,it's all true.

draekus:
real nice set up draekus,Batman looks totally awesome,excellent Cape work.Congrats
when I got mine I was blown away,detail,size all of it,it's all true.

Thanks! Its favorite piece so far. Really want to get Deathstroke now, but I have to save for P1's Guyver and Warhammer lines.

Two questions for your guys:

1) Does anyone know if this fits in a Besta?
2) Does the tall Besta unit come with shelves? Or do the shelves need to be purchased separately? I'm referring to this one: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80247371/#/90245946

It does fit in a besta. I have mine in one.
It has to be sideways and at a little angle but it looks great.

The besta in the link does not come with shelves.

Thanks!

It does fit in a besta. I have mine in one.
It has to be sideways and at a little bit of an angle but it looks great.

The besta in the link does not come with shelves.

This guy needs more love. Fantastic piece. 1/3 scale is pretty much tops for my size room. I figure I can do one more so waiting to see what happens with either Keaton or Jim Lee. Here's a couple shots of my display...
ak1.jpg
ak2.jpg
ak3.jpg
ak4.jpg
ak6.jpg

Last edited:
I'll never get why people would say it's bland looking. It's totally appropriate to the character, and the sculpt & paint are much more subtle than pics can resolve. Great museum pose with lots of presence. The base itself is a work of art.

I guess the lack of neon greens and nipples on the bat suit just turn some folks off. :D

This is probably my favorite P1 piece out of the 4 I have. I have no idea how anyone can call it "bland." Most people ***** about it being too busy design wise. Oh well.

^^^^ agree, such an amazing statue on all levels. Love mine and displays very well next to Deathstroke

Back