Statue Prime 1 Studio - AOE- Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad those supposed to be silver/chrome areas turn grey.

You mean this?
2e3654a424cd6cea304f74700aa04e1f.jpg

Well looking at the movie .. Prime 1 has been true to Optimus as depicted in the film The areas in guestion are not really gray but a dirty or tarnished silver
84ecc07009ac486ee6b0bf4562f838ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think both DOTM and AOE version do have same issue in paint job. Such tarnish silver (I regard as grey) is not right. I don't know how to name that colour I think right, its like chrome silver something, should be all around the bicep, head, thigh, feet and chest. Of course those pipe and barrel at the back should be fully chrome. For the rest, it should be chrome silver which is more shinny, on top of that, with dirty mark. Tarnish silver is just not good imo.

I think both DOTM and AOE version do have same issue in paint job. Such tarnish silver (I regard as grey) is not right. I don't know how to name that colour I think right, its like chrome silver something, should be all around the bicep, head, thigh, feet and chest. Of course those pipe and barrel at the back should be fully chrome. For the rest, it should be chrome silver which is more shinny, on top of that, with dirty mark. Tarnish silver is just not good imo.

Well do you have this piece? To me I don't see any issues with the paint . It's in the eye of the beholder.. I guess... Sorry

I don't have this piece but I do know the paint quality. You are right its in the eye of the beholder. My DOTM piece's silver area got better after I touched it.

Very tempting. The more I think about it this one is the one to get over the ultimate due to ES and how cool it looks in that museum pose.

Back