Statue Prime 1 Studio - 1/4 Scale - 90's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the hobby is growing at an unsustainable rate. It should be a niche hobby and $500-$1000 for a statue is a lot of money. No way there are 3-5k people out there that can afford all these. The sweet spot for Es should be 1.5k. Too many companies now. The market will be saturated. The hobby will be less exciting and will fizzle out. That being said, I'm not rich but do love buying these. I don't plan on selling most of these so if they drop in value, I'm not too worried as long as they are still rare.

It is also 1/3 scale + parts.
SS's Sauron, at 30+ inches, no parts, was 1k.
So 900 from P1, so that is not bad...just need to be that much of a fan.

The Rock and Boop are 1/5 and by a different company, but 1 turtle is 50% more $$$ than one of those guys.

Leprechaun have you ever owned a Prime 1 piece? They are pretty impressive.

You were posting in another thread chastising people that preordered this set, what's the point of continuing in this thread if you see no value in this?

We preordered it because we like it, why hate?

Leprechaun have you ever owned a Prime 1 piece? They are pretty impressive.

You were posting in another thread chastising people that preordered this set, what's the point of continuing in this thread if you see no value in this?

We preordered it because we like it, why hate?

Just expressing my opinion of how overpriced this is. No hate involved.

I'm so rich I buy two of every statue, so I can keep one MISB and use it as a display base for the actual statue.

Prime1 is legit as all hell. You get what you pay for.

Just expressing my opinion of how overpriced this is. No hate involved.

This is even less than expected considering their previous prices. I own few TF & the Bay turtles, they are more expensive than Sideshow but once u see them in hand u will understand why.

It is also 1/3 scale + parts.
SS's Sauron, at 30+ inches, no parts, was 1k.
So 900 from P1, so that is not bad...just need to be that much of a fan.

The Rock and Boop are 1/5 and by a different company, but 1 turtle is 50% more $$$ than one of those guys.
A sauron PF would probably be like $1,300 dollars if it went for PO today. Same lackluster paint app surely.

More overpriced than what exactly? NECA? 1/6? I'm not sure how you qualify overpriced without seeing it.

If I saw the pictures, does that qualify as seeing? Just let me know, since you're the doctor. They are overpriced compared to McDonald's happy meals, does that answer your question? Just let go man. Don't hate remember?

overpriced may be the wrong word. Lets just say theyre expensive and leave it at that lol

I like your approach man.

Now Prime 1 Statues have all one thing in common and that is quality and spot on likenesses(I own Donatello from the lastest movies and it rocks man!), but at the end it is up to one to qualify something expensive, overpriced or deservedly correct...because this is a limited run product built with great quality and spot on likenesses I would say that it is just the right price for them :wink1:

Just curious, is everyone on here relatively well off? I'm starting to notice everyone on here just buys bascially anything that comes out. I guess I'm the only one who as a budget.

You'd be surprised how many live in a one bedroom apartment, take the bus to work and eat ramen while buying these. And just to keep them boxed up. Or the amount of free money SSc gets to keep from NRD's of people without any sense of money responsibility. Hell, they end up selling these just to pay rent, or child support.

I could buy these, hell, I can honestly say I can afford them. But one must draw a line when it's time. These (while beautiful, congrats to those that CAN get them) are simply not something I need.

You shouldn't believe those that "claim" to buy everything. Those are the same ones that NEVER post pics of their collection. Coincidence? I don't think so.

If the shoe fits, I truly DGAF.

Last edited:
You'd be surprised how many live in a one bedroom apartment, take the bus to work and eat ramen while buying these. And just to keep them boxed up. Or the amount of free money SSc gets to keep from NRD's of people without any sense of money responsibility. Hell, they end up selling these just to pay rent, or child support.

I could buy these, hell, I can honestly say I can afford them. But one must draw a line when it's time. These (while beautiful, congrats to those that CAN get them) are simply not something I need.

You shouldn't believe those that "claim" to buy everything. Those are the same ones that NEVER post pics of their collection. Coincidence? I don't think so.

If the shoe fits, I truly DGAF.

I think it's also a function that, for a lot of people in this hobby, this is really a "renters" hobby. Meaning, you buy a figure or a statue, you absolutely love it, it's the best piece in your collection. Then, a year later, something new and shiny goes up for pre-order, people salivate over it, and that once prized figure or statue is now a chip one can use in an effort to acquire the new thing. So up it goes for sale in an effort to buy something else.

This is also a hobby where something new not only is constantly coming around the corner, but that new thing is often a bigger and better version of what you already own. If you love the Dark Knight, it's very possible you can go from the first bulkier figure to upgrading to the second 1/6 Hot Toys to eventually selling that to get the 1/4 Hot Toys to selling that to put $$ towards the 1:1 bust or the upcoming Bale Bats PF. So instead of paying a stiff $600 for a new statue, people ultimately get it for $300 because they sold their old collectible for $300 on the secondary market.

And the cycle goes on and on.

Unfortunately there is no way I can afford all 4 at once. I am getting Leo to start though! Cannot wait for these. I have been wanting a Prime 1 figure for quite some time. The best looking statues out there I think.

I preordered all four and dont have a clue how Im paying for them yet lol

black market food stamps :lecture

FKUcMDR.gif

Back