Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Wonder Woman on Horseback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If most collectors are like me who overall seeks for likeness more than anything than they are going to taker a superior bust over a not as accurate full statue

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

This statue's likeness is still great IMO

Granted I'm not a huge statue collector, but as nice as this looks I'd be hesitant to pay a huge sum like that for something that doesn't really show off WW that well, and where most of the focus is on the horse.

Granted I'm not a huge statue collector, but as nice as this looks I'd be hesitant to pay a huge sum like that for something that doesn't really show off WW that well, and where most of the focus is on the horse.

I like it, and would probably buy one, but price is too high for what you get. Makes the 1/2 look like a bargain. I was hoping to pick one up during one of their sales, but with a cut down ES that seems unlikely now.

I like it, and would probably buy one, but price is too high for what you get. Makes the 1/2 look like a bargain. I was hoping to pick one up during one of their sales, but with a cut down ES that seems unlikely now.

If Popcultcha here in Australia ever has a 20% sale (which never happens anymore) I may just order it, if it’s still available.

And I’ll add it to my growing collection of GG Wonder Woman pieces, which will include one 1/2 scale, 2x 1/3 scales and 2x 1/6 Hot Toys. Can never have too many Wonder Woman pieces.

If Popcultcha here in Australia ever has a 20% sale (which never happens anymore) I may just order it, if it’s still available.

And I’ll add it to my growing collection of GG Wonder Woman pieces, which will include one 1/2 scale, 2x 1/3 scales and 2x 1/6 Hot Toys. Can never have too many Wonder Woman pieces.

Yea, seems like years ago the last time I ordered from them when they had a 20% sale. Shipping would be killer back to the US for this, but that would definitely help for you, I always said they should have been closer to $2500 to begin with.

Yea, seems like years ago the last time I ordered from them when they had a 20% sale. Shipping would be killer back to the US for this, but that would definitely help for you, I always said they should have been closer to $2500 to begin with.

Agree. $1k for WW and $1.5k for the horse seems fair. Shipping on this is going to be killer. I assume it is going to be at least 3 boxes.

I decided to order this. I still think this is the Best Wonder Woman statue out there and with the ES cut in half it will now sell out for sure. Hate having regrets on passing on piece's I was on the fence with. Figure better jump on this now or never.
Shipping wasn't bad at all $168.00 to the US.

Attachments

• 20190808_160915.jpg
    20190808_160915.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 91

When this was originally previewed I was hoping it was only going to be 3x the standard $900 cost of 1/3 statues. But unfortunately it was 4x. And given that this was already a gigantic space eater I decided against it.

But if it was reduced by 20% by Popcultcha (which isn’t going to happen), plus with free nationwide shipping I think I would find the space.

When this was originally previewed I was hoping it was only going to be 3x the standard $900 cost of 1/3 statues. But unfortunately it was 4x. And given that this was already a gigantic space eater I decided against it.

But if it was reduced by 20% by Popcultcha (which isn’t going to happen), plus with free nationwide shipping I think I would find the space.

It might end up on P1s own site sale someday, I seriously doubt they have even shifted half of the new ES.

It might end up on P1s own site sale someday, I seriously doubt they have even shifted half of the new ES.

Importing isn’t really in the cards for me, as it increases the cost by about 42-58% over what it would cost me to get it locally. As such more than negating any sales benefits.

That 58% or rather $785 AUD or $534 USD is essentially what it cost me to source the Exclusive of the 1/3 JL Batman directly from Sideshow, rather than getting the regular locally. And given that there is no Exclusive for the WW on Horse makes it even more ill advised to import it.

Importing isn’t really in the cards for me, as it increases the cost by about 42-58% over what it would cost me to get it locally. As such more than negating any sales benefits.

That 58% or rather $785 AUD or $534 USD is essentially what it cost me to source the Exclusive of the 1/3 JL Batman directly from Sideshow, rather than getting the regular locally. And given that there is no Exclusive for the WW on Horse makes it even more ill advised to import it.

Ouch, well that's not an option for you then. How do you guys put up with that crazy import tax?

Ouch, well that's not an option for you then. How do you guys put up with that crazy import tax?

The import tax isn’t all that bad actually.

It’s just the high shipping, 10% sales tax, 5% import duties plus $105 AUD handling fee and the terrible exchange rate all add up.

The AUD is currently on 0.68 USD. When I first started collecting it was at parity! It’s dropped about 5% just in the past week for certain obvious reasons.

And the way I handle it is that I purchase mainly regulars. A lot of the time I can source the regulars from Popcultcha (after member discounts) at even lower than cost from Sideshow even before shipping!

Damn, where is the UK on that list? Do we even make the top 20 lol.

The import tax isn’t all that bad actually.

It’s just the high shipping, 10% sales tax, 5% import duties plus $105 AUD handling fee and the terrible exchange rate all add up.

The AUD is currently on 0.68 USD. When I first started collecting it was at parity! It’s dropped about 5% just in the past week for certain obvious reasons.

And the way I handle it is that I purchase mainly regulars. A lot of the time I can source the regulars from Popcultcha (after member discounts) at even lower than cost from Sideshow even before shipping!

Ok, so you are basing that on a lot of variables. That gets more complicated then. Do you not pay sales tax on domestic items and wouldn't the MSRP be roughly the same as far as exchange rate goes? Is average shipping from Japan that much more?

I decided to order this. I still think this is the Best Wonder Woman statue out there and with the ES cut in half it will now sell out for sure. Hate having regrets on passing on piece's I was on the fence with. Figure better jump on this now or never.
Shipping wasn't bad at all $168.00 to the US.

That shipping amount seems REALLY low. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just wonder if P1 is eating some of the shipping cost. I mean, current regular 1/3 statues have pretty high shipping already and they don't have a MASSIVE horse.

Ok, so you are basing that on a lot of variables. That gets more complicated then. Do you not pay sales tax on domestic items and wouldn't the MSRP be roughly the same as far as exchange rate goes? Is average shipping from Japan that much more?

There is sales tax on everything here. But I’m guessing Ikon’s the Australian wholesaler and by extension Popcultcha has a great deal with Sideshow distributed products. As somehow the pieces sent by slow boat get priced already ‘including’ the sales tax at about USD/0.58 to 0.62 of the USD cost, when the exchange rate is anywhere from USD/0.68 to 0.72, which ‘normally’ means the products are at retail more expensive.

As a side note, I’ve read from some collectors from Europe that their wholesalers charge their customers an obscene amount which makes it almost comparable to if they were to import it themselves!

However on a number or products Popcultcha has a 10% early preorder discount which lasts for 3 weeks (which Prime 1 pieces never really get), and I usually stack that with another 10% member discount. And of course we have free nationwide shipping, no matter the size of the box. So for example Sideshow and Hot Toys which nearly always gets the preorder discount ends up being about the same or maybe cheaper than US retail before shipping, and Prime 1 regular pieces become only slightly more expensive, but when you factor in the free shipping, it’s probably cheaper to get in hand than it is for US residents given Sideshows ever increasing shipping costs.

And given that Australia doesn’t receive the so called economy shipping from Prime 1, their shipping rates are just as high if not higher than Sideshow, or it was the last time I looked.

And once you add that high international shipping, customs and handling and sales tax, it really adds up. But for whatever stupid reason I still have 3 Prime 1 Ex/Ultimate pieces on preorder from Sideshow, each of which is going to cost me about $800 AUD ($544 USD - that’s pretty much a whole 1/4 PF) more than it would be to get the regulars or equivalent locally :slap

That shipping amount seems REALLY low. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just wonder if P1 is eating some of the shipping cost. I mean, current regular 1/3 statues have pretty high shipping already and they don't have a MASSIVE horse.

I just checked and that's what economy shipping shows for me also.

Saw some pics of this on the other forum, glad I didn't waste a lot of money on it as the portrait paint has taken a downgrade IMO reminds me of the training outfit piece, I don't know if prime 1 are rushing their pieces now? Also having real hair on the horse but not on ww looks odd. Sorry to dump on it but this is a lot of money we're talking about and I expected more

Back