Prime 1 Studio 1:3 Suicide Squad Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally - can't wait to start the 1/3 line.
Suicide Squad, WW Training, JL, Cat Arkham, Doomsday

And faaaaar away, Huntress, Lobo, Poison, Supergirl Melissa Benoist (if she turns out to be awesome).

Really weird to get a flattering, natural light photo of a P1 piece this early on. Saves a lot of arguments, unfortunately on a piece that will likely fall under the radar regardless of its quality. Looking forward to seeing more.

I spoke to Kelvin Loke on Facebook (he works with Prime 1 and is close to the team) and he confirmed that the statue has started shipping in Asia already and that people have it. It also should ship soonish worldwide. What I dont get is that we have... what... maybe 3 really horrible pics on facebook and those two in the thread here. Why dont people take more pics, dammit!?!

I for one cant wait for this. Loved Leto in the role (however brief it was) and am super excited to get him. I ordered via Milestone in Japan which makes me often one of the first people in the west to get Prime 1stuff, so I hope he will arrive soon.

Kelvin does not work with Prime 1 actually. He owns Shiok Toys which is the official distributor of Prime 1 products and Sideshow in Malaysia. I agree though I don't understand why no one in Asia is taking pics of their new statues. I have been told by several people the Origins Batman is shipping now and Sideshow even updated its release date to February and no pics anywhere. Even Kelvin told me he's getting them in soon at Shiok Toys.

I for one cant wait for this. Loved Leto in the role (however brief it was) and am super excited to get him. I ordered via Milestone in Japan which makes me often one of the first people in the west to get Prime 1stuff, so I hope he will arrive soon.

Leto and Robbie together were amazing as Mr. J and Harley.

Personally, I put Leto's Joker on the same level as Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I think both are great examples of just how important casting really is and just how bad things can go wrong when a major role is miscast. Both of those performances were like nails on a chalkboard for me. I think they were both trying to follow the Heath Ledger route in regards to the "crazy" factor and unfortunately neither got anywhere close to matching Ledger's performance. Heath Ledger's Joker truly was a brilliant and nuanced performance. You really felt like he understood and embodied the character. Leto and Eisenberg can be great actors with the right parts, but both Eisenberg's Luthor and Leto's Joker ultimately just felt contrived and too blatantly overacted to me. And I didn't really care for the design of the characters in Suicide Squad either. I am actually pretty shocked that they green lit a sequel for the film.

Oh well, as always to each their own. At least it made passing on the statues a very easy choice.

Personally, I put Leto's Joker on the same level as Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. I think both are great examples of just how important casting really is and just how bad things can go wrong when a major role is miscast. Both of those performances were like nails on a chalkboard for me. I think they were both trying to follow the Heath Ledger route in regards to the "crazy" factor and unfortunately neither got anywhere close to matching Ledger's performance. Heath Ledger's Joker truly was a brilliant and nuanced performance. You really felt like he understood and embodied the character. Leto and Eisenberg can be great actors with the right parts, but both Eisenberg's Luthor and Leto's Joker ultimately just felt contrived and too blatantly overacted to me. And I didn't really care for the design of the characters in Suicide Squad either. I am actually pretty shocked that they green lit a sequel for the film.

Oh well, as always to each their own. At least it made passing on the statues a very easy choice.

I actually LOVE Eisenberg’s Lex as much as I love Leto’s Joker. Both are my favorite live action versions of those characters. I just prefer fresh takes. Nothing would be more boring to me than seeing a classic Joker in live action or Harley in her BTAS look.

What I dont get tho is, why you come into a thread about a statue based on something you dont like and bum people out with that. I really wanna know. Example. I haaaaaate most MCU movies and designs but I would neeeever go into a thread about that and bother people with that. Why waste my time on something I dont like and bum people out... especially since I wont get them on my side of the argument anyhow. Thats why I spend time with atuff I like... like Leto Joker in this threat.
Dont say free speech lol this isnt that. This is this modern internet hater culture, where its cool to feel superior because ones taste is different to someone else now? Again, I am not picking a fight, I legit wonder about it, because a loooooot of people do it. Why do you waste your and everyones time in here witht hat and not spend it in a Ledger statue thread, being excited about stuff you like?^^

I actually LOVE Eisenberg’s Lex as much as I love Leto’s Joker. Both are my favorite live action versions of those characters. I just prefer fresh takes. Nothing would be more boring to me than seeing a classic Joker in live action or Harley in her BTAS look.

What I dont get tho is, why you come into a thread about a statue based on something you dont like and bum people out with that. I really wanna know. Example. I haaaaaate most MCU movies and designs but I would neeeever go into a thread about that and bother people with that. Why waste my time on something I dont like and bum people out... especially since I wont get them on my side of the argument anyhow. Thats why I spend time with atuff I like... like Leto Joker in this threat.
Dont say free speech lol this isnt that. This is this modern internet hater culture, where its cool to feel superior because ones taste is different to someone else now? Again, I am not picking a fight, I legit wonder about it, because a loooooot of people do it. Why do you waste your and everyones time in here witht hat and not spend it in a Ledger statue thread, being excited about stuff you like?^^

It's the internet- don't let things like that bother you- don't take it personally

Following Ledger was always going to be a thankless task given how beloved that performance was by critics and most fans. I don't blame Leto at all. He's had a raw deal from WB cutting so many of his scenes then all the speculation about a Joker origin movie further undermining him. Given a good script and proper screen time I'm sure he'll do fine. Was hoping to see him opposite Batfleck in a Batman solo movie but that's looking unlikely now.

As for Eisenberg, I really didn't like him in BvS but his brief cameo in JL showed a lot more potential. Left me wanting to see more if they go the Injustice route.

This statue looks great, looking forward to seeing more pics.

Would've been interested in seeing what Suicide Squad would've been with one of their plans of having Joker be the main villain.

What I don't get is why my opinion on either of the characters or either of the statues for that matter would bum anyone out or change anyone's opinions. If you love both Eisenberg’s Lex and Leto's Joker, my opinion shouldn't matter one bit to you and most of all it shouldn't effect your opinion or "bum you out". You should be just as excited for those performances and these pieces after my post as you were before my post. And my not liking those characters has nothing to do with you hence you really shouldn't take people's subjective opinion's on various art forms so personally. And I'm sorry I don't share your opinion that one should only post critiques if they are positive critiques. I can only imagine how boring message boards for any art form would be if nobody was allowed to give an honest critique because it happened to be negative.

Stunning- really great- the hair strands are too thick but past that I am tempted but have to hold back:lol

Back