Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow why is his hair brown...
I also have the new hot toys one and they did his hair a brownish also instead of black. Damn, maybe I should re-watch the movie to make sure I'm wrong

Cavill?s hair is very dark brown, not black. With filters and editing it looks darker in the films and professional photos than it actually is.

Cavill?s hair is very dark brown, not black. With filters and editing it looks darker in the films and professional photos than it actually is.
I agree that his actual hair color is dark brown bt in the films they had it almost black. That's a 100% superman thing kinda lol. Seems to me they could've easily darkened it up on both the statue and hot toy bt chose not to

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Wow that is quite the difference. I cancelled my preorder a few weeks back as well. I wonder if this is closer to 1/4 now?

You must not have any 1/3 statues. The difference between 1/4 and 1/3 is so huge there is no way this Superman is close to being 1/4.

20200123_151819.jpg

This is another new picture from the Prime 1 FB page. I'm excited to see mine when it arrives after all the armpit drama etc.

I agree that his actual hair color is dark brown bt in the films they had it almost black. That's a 100% superman thing kinda lol. Seems to me they could've easily darkened it up on both the statue and hot toy bt chose not to

I understand. It is definitely all a matter of personal preference. To me, straight black is neither his real hair color, and looks pretty flat when painted with no color variations. It's not like his hair was dyed to black for the film. There are many parts in the film where you can see light brown at his roots such as the close up when he makes his appearance against Steppenwolf as well as the race with Barry at the very end. But I get it, traditionally,yes, Superman has black hair :wink1:

Surprised all the people who have this don't seem bothered in the slightest by the armpit issue. I know it would certainly drive me crazy every time I looked at it.

I have only seen two on the Facebook group, one who defends the armpit issue, and the other?.... and the above video I don't even think they were aware of it.

But I think most of us have our orders through Sideshow, and not Prime 1, and I have no idea when we'll receive our batch.

I already posted that one. And I found it really hard to watch. You can pretty much fast forward to the half way mark, and the rest is....

oops my bad, missed it. Proportions and color looks good overall imo, esp. when he had it away from the direct light around the 24 minute mark. Though I am quite certain he is undersized compared to WW & Bats, which will be quite a bother I think if you guys collect those pieces as well.

oops my bad, missed it. Proportions and color looks good overall imo, esp. when he had it away from the direct light around the 24 minute mark. Though I am quite certain he is undersized compared to WW & Bats, which will be quite a bother I think if you guys collect those pieces as well.

He's definitely undersized relative to others in his line, other than Aquaman to who I think he'll be fine displayed with, as he's a tad smaller as well.

Another review up. Wish it was in English or someone would translate. He looks to talk ab the suit alot

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Thank:s for posting :clap he looks really good in that video. Regardless of them being in French, I always love this guy's reviews as they always show what the item will look like in hand for the most part. It's hard to tell if the armpit thing is fixed or not though.

It’s almost like most of the collectors who have him in hand are intentionally keeping the area in shadow.

But looking though his video it doesn’t look like the armpit area has been fixed. And I’ve got a feeling there isn’t enough loose material to tuck the fabric into the armpits (even if that were at all possible). I’m starting to think I’ll just have to accept the inevitable.

Thank:s for posting :clap he looks really good in that video. Regardless of them being in French, I always love this guy's reviews as they always show what the item will look like in hand for the most part. It's hard to tell if the armpit thing is fixed or not though.

Yes, I'm surprised no one is taking a credit card to try to push up the material. Or maybe they are and are not showing it.

Even with all of the issues, I think there are some positives with this one, most notably the Cavill headsculpt which IMO is the best one out there (even better than the 1/2 scale).

I agree I think it looks really good as well. The pits don't look nearly as bad in any of these new videos that first one posted by that Chinese guy was terrible though but it appears to be an outlier. I don't care about the scaling with JL batman since he will be paired with SS batman. I do have the Ultimate Wonder woman coming as well but the scaling issue isn't nearly as bad with her as it is with JL bats. JL bats is the outlier, he is way out of scale with the rest of them. And yes the cavil headsculpt looks fantastic (including the ex head)

I agree I think it looks really good as well. The pits don't look nearly as bad in any of these new videos that first one posted by that Chinese guy was terrible though but it appears to be an outlier. I don't care about the scaling with JL batman since he will be paired with SS batman. I do have the Ultimate Wonder woman coming as well but the scaling issue isn't nearly as bad with her as it is with JL bats. JL bats is the outlier, he is way out of scale with the rest of them. And yes the cavil headsculpt looks fantastic (including the ex head)

From this (not mine) and other photos you can see that Superman is even undersized compared to Wonder Woman, unless you think Gal Gadot is similarly sized to Supes.

B8F80E67-2C4C-43CC-9599-EBB43ACF4F40.jpeg

And I’ve had JL Bats beside Wonder Woman and Cyborg and they scale fine. It’s Aquaman (which I also have) and now supposedly Superman which are the outliers.

539FDF2F-4A86-4BC9-99B7-6EEC31314CB9.jpeg

3E10BE26-130E-40DF-90AA-8E75D92EC66B.jpeg

42EA0A2B-4262-4BFD-AB47-D772D282B5A1.jpeg

6D4C1450-DFBC-4823-959D-C2322B7FC643.jpeg

From this (not mine) and other photos you can see that Superman is even undersized compared to Wonder Woman, unless you think Gal Gadot is similarly sized to Supes.

View attachment 477314

And I?ve had JL Bats beside Wonder Woman and Cyborg and they scale fine. It?s Aquaman (which I also have) and now supposedly Superman which are the outliers.
It's sad, but this setup looks bad. This was my idea, too. But now I have to split them. I have Aquaman, too. Waiting for Superman or cancelling? That's the question. If I end up cancelling him, I will only keep WW and put her next to herself - Training Version. Others have to leave :(

Back