Prime 1 Studio - 1:3 Jim Lee 'Hush' Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prime one shipping is insane I don't think ill ever buy a statue from them if Im not able to get economy and that's not even including the import fees. Economy shipping is a long wait too and who knows what condition the box will show up in, that's a long time on a boat. Returns would be a ***** too. It really sucks the relationship between them and SSC fell apart, i really love their statues but man its just too god damn expensive now to get them here. Is there a chance another distributer could get them in the US like BBTS or anyone else?? Such a bummer

Im 100% possitive ssc caused these issues, prime 1 statues are too good and they were not selling any pfs anymore so prolly asked for a bigger reseller cut to get rid of them so people have less options and settle on their overpriced inferior crap again. But thats not going to happen

Prime one shipping is insane I don't think ill ever buy a statue from them if Im not able to get economy and that's not even including the import fees. Economy shipping is a long wait too and who knows what condition the box will show up in, that's a long time on a boat. Returns would be a ***** too. It really sucks the relationship between them and SSC fell apart, i really love their statues but man its just too god damn expensive now to get them here. Is there a chance another distributer could get them in the US like BBTS or anyone else?? Such a bummer

Im 100% possitive ssc caused these issues, prime 1 statues are too good and they were not selling any pfs anymore so prolly asked for a bigger reseller cut to get rid of them so people have less options and settle on their overpriced inferior crap again. But thats not going to happen

You should understand that there generally are not import fees for the US. Also, if you've ever purchased a statue from Sideshow, economy shipping is how they received it too. They load a bunch of the statues on a ship in China and then it comes by boat over 2-3 months. So it's the same process you're already used to, except now you're ordering direct from China rather than Sideshow ordering direct from China.

As for other US distributors for Prime 1? Secret Compass is an official distributor for Prime 1 now. Same idea though. You'll pay for shipping from Secret Compass to your house, but Secret Compass is getting the statue off the economy boat like you would be.

I get that but the main difference being if anything happens to that shipment in route to sideshow. Ssc deals with it not me, my item will still be sent to me by ssc and if there are any issues or defects or a need to return it i simply send it back to ssc not across an ocean of stars. Does secret compass have good cs like ssc for defects and ****??, do they stand behind third party products or make you deal with manufactuer

I ordered the Dark Knight Returns 1st statue when it was on sale and doing the economy shipping
It is preparing to ship so 3 months after I paid it off, they ship it
for $50 shipping I am fine with the wait and so far their customer service seems better than sideshow at the moment

I get that but the main difference being if anything happens to that shipment in route to sideshow. Ssc deals with it not me, my item will still be sent to me by ssc and if there are any issues or defects or a need to return it i simply send it back to ssc not across an ocean of stars. Does secret compass have good cs like ssc for defects and ****??, do they stand behind third party products or make you deal with manufactuer

I don't really care where I have to return it as long as I'm not paying for it lol. Secret Compass has great customer service and stand behind everything. You deal with SC, not the manufacturer.

Ok sorry if it?s a dumb question, however I just saw this piece for the first time and noticed that the base looks to be curved much like the one on the Superman Hush piece do they happen to make a larger diorama if placed next to each other?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok sorry if it?s a dumb question, however I just saw this piece for the first time and noticed that the base looks to be curved much like the one on the Superman Hush piece do they happen to make a larger diorama if placed next to each other?

Not a silly question at all, I've never seen them placed together like that so I know they don't attach but I'd like to see how they look

I have mine next to each other and unfortunately they don't make a diorama. They match but, behind Batman there is a very large square base (with the Joker gun) that would hit the square base behind Superman if put in a curve to match.

My pics below

96B32D8F-D46B-4F99-844C-58470A6D3B33.jpg

behind.jpg

I have mine next to each other and unfortunately they don't make a diorama. They match but, behind Batman there is a very large square base (with the Joker gun) that would hit the square base behind Superman if put in a curve to match.

My pics below

View attachment 469011

View attachment 469012
Looking nice together - cingrats.
If possible - please tell me the measurements of the white cabinet they are standing on (width and depth).
Because they fit perfect on your pictures. Thanks

Looking nice together - cingrats.
If possible - please tell me the measurements of the white cabinet they are standing on (width and depth).
Because they fit perfect on your pictures. Thanks

They're on a regular Besta from Ikea - https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/besta-frame-white-10245846/
In inches, it is: 47 1/4x15 3/4x25 1/4

Although I don't think Batman will fit once Prime 1/ Sideshow ship the extra piece to fix Batman's leaning issue.

Will look really cool if place back to back. But then need a insane space to display that.

Got a surprise package from SCC / P1 and had no idea what it was. Called SSC to confirm and they said people have been complaining about a potential lean due to the cape and as a result they've sent a pillar to hopefully fix the situation. I had thought the lean was the other way around, ie. Batman tipping forward and this pillar only makes that issue even more evident (ie. propping Batman up to lean even more forward). Am I the only one who thinks this?

Awesome that P1 created a pillar and sent them out for free (although I'm getting dinged with customs fees which SSC said it's working on trying to compensate) when they receive complaints/issues on their statues.

20200204_075718.jpg
20200204_075703.jpg

Got a surprise package from SCC / P1 and had no idea what it was. Called SSC to confirm and they said people have been complaining about a potential lean due to the cape and as a result they've sent a pillar to hopefully fix the situation. I had thought the lean was the other way around, ie. Batman tipping forward and this pillar only makes that issue even more evident (ie. propping Batman up to lean even more forward). Am I the only one who thinks this?

Awesome that P1 created a pillar and sent them out for free (although I'm getting dinged with customs fees which SSC said it's working on trying to compensate) when they receive complaints/issues on their statues.

View attachment 477810
View attachment 477811

no the issue is the cape pulling too hard to one side and leaning to the right. pretty much all of them had a gap at the back between the base and the cape... and as time drug on, that gap was closed up and actually touching since it was so heavy. the pillar keeps it in the right location and stops further damage.

It's great that they've listened to people's feedback and accepted it as an issue but I think it looks a little silly and it's disappointing that it wasn't engineered better in the first place

no the issue is the cape pulling too hard to one side and leaning to the right. pretty much all of them had a gap at the back between the base and the cape... and as time drug on, that gap was closed up and actually touching since it was so heavy. the pillar keeps it in the right location and stops further damage.

Ahhh OK that makes sense, I guess I didn't really notice it but it's true.

And I agree with multiple points that have been brought up, the pillar doesn't look great with the entire statue, but I'm glad they listened to feedback as I know a lot of companies that wouldn't care. However shouldn't this have been covered during the original design of the overall statue as well? It's not perfect but best case scenario for those that bought the statue.

I cant get the pillar to fit correctly. It lifts the whole cape up too high causing the whole thing to lean forward and is very unstable. Any one else having better luck?

Back