Prime 1 Studio 1/3 Hush Poison Ivy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I admire this, I have a hard time putting down an NRD given the ~1.5 years until it ships. I don't think there is any compelling reason to preorder, especially because I don't care about the ex.

Popcultcha (Australia) has finally put up the regular for preorder for $1,849.99 AUD. I really wish they would add in their PPPP discounts on Prime 1 pieces.

I thought at first that the price was a bit high, but after checking it's pretty consistent with the other pieces when you consider the higher price.

Given that the Ex is currently on waitlist (an Ex which imo isn't a must), I'm wondering how this has sold in comparison to Sideshows own new PF?

It'll be real hilarious if it's actually sold more units through Sideshow, especially given the fact that this 1/3 scale piece is more than double the price of the PF.

Though for some reason I doubt it, as I'm thinking after reading some posts on Facebook, that the PF is more loved than I think it deserves to be.

Given that the Ex is currently on waitlist (an Ex which imo isn't a must), I'm wondering how this has sold in comparison to Sideshows own new PF?

It'll be real hilarious if it's actually sold more units through Sideshow, especially given the fact that this 1/3 scale piece is more than double the price of the PF.

Though for some reason I doubt it, as I'm thinking after reading some posts on Facebook, that the PF is more loved than I think it deserves to be.

It depends on how many units were distributed to Sideshow. The exclusive is still available in Prime1. But I think this statue is really selling well despite its price. I hope this doesn't encourage Sideshow to increase their proce point.

It depends on how many units were distributed to Sideshow. The exclusive is still available in Prime1. But I think this statue is really selling well despite its price. I hope this doesn't encourage Sideshow to increase their proce point.

Of course it will encourage Sideshow to increase their price-point. All of their competitors charge more for stuff, why wouldn't they want to get in on that? lol

Of course it will encourage Sideshow to increase their price-point. All of their competitors charge more for stuff, why wouldn't they want to get in on that? lol

Oh just great. They should at least get their quality under control if they are going to increase their price. At least XM and Prime 1 has amazing QC.

The ex is definitely a strange choice for the character, but i still wish i had PO'd it before it waitlisted. There was never a question of if i was going to buy it, just when i was going to buy it. I wrongly assumed that because of the lack luster Ex it wouldn't sell out fast allowing me me more time to keep my NRD while other orders cleared. Personally, i don't give a rats ass about the stupid cat, it makes no sense given the character. They should have saved the cat for catwoman.... But when i'm spending this kind of money I'd rather have the ex just for the lower edition size.

In terms of how these high prices will effect Sideshow.. it won't, or at least it shouldn't if their CFO was smart.. They already have a hard time selling 1/4 statues now at their current prices (which are already priced too high for the quality of product they produce). If they raise their prices anymore they will end up a reseller; If their products aren't selling well now at the current prices raising prices more to make up for these current losses will just lead to more doom and gloom on the books, and stale obsolete inventory that doesn't move. Fact of the matter is, they cannot compete with prime 1, Iron Studios, or XM, instead of trying to raise price to gouge customers for inferior products, they should just fill the niche they have now- decent 1/4 scale statues with minor blemishes at reasonable price points (opposed to their current model which appears to be charge highest price possible per ounce of polystone used regardless of final product quality or the quality of competing products on the market). There is a market for them, but they have already hit their price cap, as evident by all the excess inventory of PF's on their website. EX don't sell out anymore until after shipping for many months, even ones with good feedback. The problem with Sideshow is they appear to have the worst CFO possible, he is going to drive them out of the market with these crazy pricing strategies. If McDonalds charged as much as Red Robin for a burger, how long do you think they would be in business. You need to price products according to quality of other products on the market. You need to understand your product offering and where you are fitting in. Are you a cost leader, or a Quality leader?? You have to commit. Sideshow wants the best of both worlds, they want to charge prices like a quality leader but then produce products like a cost leader. If you want to be top dog in price you better be top dog in quality. Sideshow has no interest in quality, their current CFO sees another company selling statues for more money and he is like raise prices without considering the quality the products his company sells or that of his competitors. Its a total failure in leadership

Last edited:
The ex is definitely a strange choice for the character, but i still wish i had PO'd it before it waitlisted. There was never a question of if i was going to buy it, just when i was going to buy it. I wrongly assumed that because of the lack luster Ex it wouldn't sell out fast allowing me me more time to keep my NRD while other orders cleared. Personally, i don't give a rats ass about the stupid cat, it makes no sense given the character. They should have saved the cat for catwoman.... But when i'm spending this kind of money I'd rather have the ex just for the lower edition size.

In terms of how these high prices will effect Sideshow.. it won't, or at least it shouldn't if their CFO was smart.. They already have a hard time selling 1/4 statues now at their current prices (which are already priced too high for the quality of product they produce). If they raise their prices anymore they will end up a reseller, if their products aren't selling well now at the current prices raising prices more to make up for these current losses will just lead to more doom and gloom on the books, and stale inventory that doesn't move. Fact of the matter is, they cannot compete with prime 1, Iron Studios, or XM, instead of trying to raise price to gouge customers for inferior products, they should just fill the niche they have now- decent 1/4 scale statues with minor blemishes at reasonable price points not what we have not- highest price possible per ounce of polystone used regardless of final product. There is a market for them, but they have already hit the price cap, as evident by all their excess inventory of PF's. Sideshow has the worst CFO possible, he is going to drive them out of the market with these crazy pricing strategies. If McDonalds charged as much as Red Robin for a burger, how long do you think they would be in business. You need to price products according to quality of other products on the market. If you want to be top dog in price you better be top dog in quality. Sideshow has no interest in quality, their current CFO sees another company selling statues for more money and he is like raise prices without considering the quality the products his company sells or that of his competitors. Its a total failure in leadership

If they are increasing the price they should reduce the edition sizes. It's funny how they try to drive the price up while maintaining the edition sizes from before.

If they are increasing the price they should reduce the edition sizes. It's funny how they try to drive the price up while maintaining the edition sizes from before.

Ya i edited my post a bit after you quoted me to explain myself a bit better but in the end their leadership is failing them big time. I will not be surprised if they are strictly a distributor/reseller in a few years.

Ya i edited my post a bit after you quoted me to explain myself a bit better but in the end their leadership is failing them big time. I will not be surprised if they are strictly a distributor/reseller in a few years.

I made the same prediction when I noticed SS starting to carry everyone's statues, even DC Collectibles which are consider low end statues....

I made the same prediction when I noticed SS starting to carry everyone's statues, even DC Collectibles which are consider low end statues....

:exactly: I really don't understand why they are selling DC Collectibles given the fact that you can get them just about anywhere AND for less than what SS is charging! Anyone buying DC Collectibles from SS needs to have their head examined.

Will p1 say if they will make a natural skin version, gold version, or clear resign repaint for this? The chances are good knowing p1. It would be really cool seeing all 3 of those.

Will p1 say if they will make a natural skin version, gold version, or clear resign repaint for this? The chances are good knowing p1. It would be really cool seeing all 3 of those.

You won't get any replies here. I asked them about that a week ago on their FB site... and didn't get a reply, either, but at least they'll see people asking there:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1965922843719459&set=gm.1308328035977644&type=3&ifg=1

The fact they're not saying "We won't do any variants" makes me go "hmm".

You won't get any replies here. I asked them about that a week ago on their FB site... and didn't get a reply, either, but at least they'll see people asking there:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1965922843719459&set=gm.1308328035977644&type=3&ifg=1

Anything is possible with Prime 1 and their variants. It is annoying, but at the end of the day I won't lose any sleep over it, as I don't buy these pieces with any intention to sell them. My collection is just about to hit overload, with over a dozen pieces still on preorder and with many more being added with each new announcement. Heck the next statue to arrive will most likely force me to box a statue up and put it in storage and each new one that follows will force me to do the same.

I wouldn't even know where and how to sell them, as I doubt the market here in Australia is deep enough that it would make it worth while given the cost of shipping locally let alone internationally.

Thanks that's very interesting... Ok then that probably means there's a very good chance it will happen. Knowing p1 chances will be good for repaints. Look at the first batman. There's like 5-6 versions and the damaged version just came out again with minimum wear, which looks just the same as another original.

Anything is possible with Prime 1 and their variants. It is annoying, but at the end of the day I won't lose any sleep over it, as I don't buy these pieces with any intention to sell them. My collection is just about to hit overload, with over a dozen pieces still on preorder and with many more being added with each new announcement. Heck the next statue to arrive will most likely force me to box a statue up and put it in storage and each new one that follows will force me to do the same.

I wouldn't even know where and how to sell them, as I doubt the market here in Australia is deep enough that it would make it worth while given the cost of shipping locally let alone internationally.

I hear you, but I'm not worried about reselling here - I'm worried because I'd much rather have a normal-skinned Ivy than a green one, so I'd find it very irritating if they were to release one down the road.

I hear you, but I'm not worried about reselling here - I'm worried because I'd much rather have a normal-skinned Ivy than a green one, so I'd find it very irritating if they were to release one down the road.

I'm actually the opposite, as I much preferred Sideshows Green with Envy variant over the original, and I'm sure the same would apply with this Prime 1 piece.

I had absolutely zero interest in getting this piece a month ago, but now I'm days away from placing a preorder for this piece with my local retailer. It's just that good. Now all I have to do in the next 18 to 24 months is figure out where I'm going to display this. As I've currently got at least another 9 other 1/3 preorders :dunno

I'm actually the opposite, as I much preferred Sideshows Green with Envy variant over the original, and I'm sure the same would apply with this Prime 1 piece.

I had absolutely zero interest in getting this piece a month ago, but now I'm days away from placing a preorder for this piece with my local retailer. It's just that good. Now all I have to do in the next 18 to 24 months is figure out where I'm going to display this. As I've currently got at least another 9 other 1/3 preorders :dunno

The statues can fit one way or an other. But the huge boxes probably 2 box per statue......well good luck :lol

The statues can fit one way or an other. But the huge boxes probably 2 box per statue......well good luck :lol

Yep I'm going to need it. Just went through my preorders, and I currently have 9x 1/3, 5x 1/4, 2x 1/2 Stargate bust plus a few other large items (not including the many Hot Toys). Looks like something is going to have to be cut :gah:

........ anyone know if their is a Collectables Anonymous support group... because I think I may need some help to cut the cord :pray:

But seriously, this is one beautiful piece, of which because I'm not 'currently' planning to get any of the other Hush pieces, I'll probably display her alongside my Arkham pieces. Especially since it looks like Prime 1 won't be making the Arkham Knight version of Poison Ivy, with them supposedly slowing or ending the line completely.

Back