Prime 1 Studio 1/3 Hush Poison Ivy...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rZhTByY.jpg

This is by far the most detailed and beautiful statue prime 1 has done thus far but its also one of its most poorly made in terms of parts fitting together

This thing is seriously amazing but it was a nightmare for me to put together, i ended up chipping a small peice of my base trying to fit those big logs securely into the base. Then the ****ing top vine that wraps around the top half of her body snapped in half as i was trying to mold it with a hair dryer. Many of the peices did not go in easily for me. The 2nd vine peice that i snapped would fall out if you blew on it or moved the vines- it was maddeningly frustrating. Its like the most beautiful detailed statue ive ever seen but with poor part construction in terms of how they fit together. Her feet dont even lie flush on the base cause her ass fully slots into the tree branch plug so you are unable to fully push her foot down fully into the peg slot, had they shortened the peg on her foot it wouldn't have been a problem-things like that. Also those badass plants that plug into the artichoke looking plants do not have good magnets sure they go in but they wiggle and arent very secure. When i checked her out yesterday i noticed the main snap dragon prickly vine plant attachment part was just laying near the base apparently it had just fallen out on its own. It didnt break but it just goes to show its not good statue in terms of how the parts come together- weak magnets poor fits and wiggling parts.

The reason i chipped my base is because when i first got the main branch slotted in an attached the big ****ing snap dragon part that wraps around, i noticed gap lines along the base where the first part slotted in. So i tried really hard to get it to slot in perfectly to no avail, it kept hitting on one corner of the base, i guess when i kept trying to get it to go in perfectly I chipped off a small part of the base- it turns out i had it right the first time its supposed to have those gaps but it didnt look good to me so i immediately thought i didnt have in in right-im used to p1 parts actually slotting together really well- not with ivy lol the only part that had extremely secure connection was the connection between the two big plant branches and ivy herself even with her foot peg not fully slotting in

It is a little cumbersome to put together. I?ll be moving house in a couple years and I?m really not looking forward to pulling this apart and putting it together all over again. None of my other statues have as many pieces as this.

It is a little cumbersome to put together. I?ll be moving house in a couple years and I?m really not looking forward to pulling this apart and putting it together all over again. None of my other statues have as many pieces as this.

I guess it has to, in order to minimise breakages. Must be annoying though lol

Well i found the god damn priblem its a really a shame i didnt notice this issue before my 30 days was up. It just ended a few days ago i still contacted sideshow about it anyway citing that i did not notice the problem at first i was just so taken back by its beauty, it wasnt until i started taking pictures that i realized what the issue was. Thinking i did something wrong during assembly i took the whole thing apart and kept carefully trying to get that first big tree branch to slot in perfectly, as careful as i was I chipped my base again in a few spots (you cannot really see) cause the parts just grind since they do not align-its never going to fit in properly cause its defective. Either the base hole isnt sculpted right or the key on the branch is off. This is how i chipoed my base the first time trying to install it i didnt notice it hitting the side of the base (that chip is bad and noticeable)

Also Since it wont fit flush my ivy foot cannot peg in cause the branch that ass pegs into is raised up to high so it slots in to her ass and i cannot move it down any furher. Moreover the whole thing is slight unstable due to this. This explains all my problems putting this ****ing thing together. I really hope ssc helps me out but they way they have been lately, lying about replacment parts esp p1 products the odds dont look good. They lied to me about my broken flash statue battarang holding hand saying i needed to take a credit cause they had no replacement parts but i knew this had to be impossible cause they still had the statue in stock- so i contacted prime 1 and they got them to send me a replacement part and the ssc rep had to apologize to me and also thank me for helping him do his job. I would do the same this time but i am also having some issues now with prime 1 on direct purchase from them- they did not want to send me the proper part that would fix the issue with my statue so they kept giving me the run around until it sold out- instead they are giving me a new head when most likely the problem is with the body cuttout where the head pegs in. Covid must really hurting these niche good companies because they are getting really bad with replacement parts and or standing behind their merchandise. I dont want anymore statues shipping until this covid thing is over or there is a vaccine and companies dont feel like they have to cheat their customers to survive

Here some pics

F31BB61C-267E-4991-BEA5-CE062CDB498D.jpg
D09B2BE9-9CF2-41C5-B49A-BF9B1667D8B6.jpg
88D30473-597E-4991-9F6D-8B85DD438883.jpg
F7C96601-73A1-4ED8-9456-35AD8C377F9A.jpg

@ Skywalker: I have the same problem as you. The foot does not touch the ground. And on top of that, the large tendril is also a mess. You can see that well in the pictures. I have many statues of XM and HMO (I love my Morrigan) and I never had such problems. It's like having a scratch on your new BMW.
Doesn't P1 have quality control?
Because of the high prices, I don't think I would ever buy from them again.

If there is anyone out there that can help ...

Back