Statue Prime 1 Spider-Man 2099 Statue 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The great reviews are promising, makes me even more excited for P1 Venom

Still wish their McFarlane EX had open mouth

Got mine today and had just enough time at lunch to unbox it but not enough time to take pics. It really is a beautiful statue. The light up feature is fantastic--I'm really glad they made the on/off easily accessible. My only problem was that my small spire was out of its spot in the styrofoam and was broken. :( I'll have to contact Sideshow to see if I can get it replaced. Overall though, I'm blown away by how awesome it turned out.

The webbing on this guys back was cracked and damaged during shipment so I asked SS for a replacement. But be careful putting that on. It’s very flimsy and can easily break if forced. The slot for the webbing on the back of the statue sucks ass too. Who knows why prime 1 even did it this way as it’s horrible.

Got mine two days earlier then I thought. All the pieces seemed to be in perfect condition which I was super happy about. But when I went to put on Spidey the peg with magnet instantly snapped off and got stuck in the hole. :( Contacting sideshow to see what I can do. Was devastating because this statue is incredible and looks amazing.

major bummer about the break. I have a good scratch on the masked head and contacted SS about it, but even though it's a absolutely amazing statue, I think I'll end up sending it back if they give me the option. It's defn one of the best looking Spidey statues I've ever seen, if not the best. Quality looks top notch.

I canceled mine :gah: too much stuff coming and no space! Also had to take a pay cut at the grocery store. budget issues in the company at the moment making excuses to cut all of our pay :(.

I got mine and finally opened it....

This is what happened:

tenor.gif

Then:

kdjO8.gif

Then:

DearSoggyGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif

Then:
tenor.gif

I don't throw around the term 'grail' very often, in fact very rarely, but this for me, is one of those pieces that I feel like was a pipe dream....and then Prime 1 came around.

This is seriously perfection. I don't think I could have asked for a better statue. I was almost crying when I opened it and saw it for the first time. Between the pose, paint apps and just shear presence of this piece, I could not have asked for more. The light up function is crazy good. I didn't know it changed colors, but that was a nice touch.

I'm speechless.

I don't throw around the term 'grail' very often, in fact very rarely, but this for me, is one of those pieces that I feel like was a pipe dream....and then Prime 1 came around.

This is seriously perfection. I don't think I could have asked for a better statue. I was almost crying when I opened it and saw it for the first time. Between the pose, paint apps and just shear presence of this piece, I could not have asked for more. The light up function is crazy good. I didn't know it changed colors, but that was a nice touch.

I'm speechless.

:clap

Do you have pics of 2099 and your Venoms?

Oh, side note, I'm not crazy about the Ex. head in person, surprisingly.

I'm got mine displayed with the regular head. I think it makes for a much 'cleaner' display. It reminds me of the Campbell Spider-Man Ex. - it sounded cool, but didn't translate well in the display.

Oh, side note, I'm not crazy about the Ex. head in person, surprisingly.

I'm got mine displayed with the regular head. I think it makes for a much 'cleaner' display. It reminds me of the Campbell Spider-Man Ex. - it sounded cool, but didn't translate well in the display.

I heard the same from someone else, they were even thinking about selling it since they don't see themselves displaying it. I guess it's nice to have but not necessarily a must-have who want to order it elsewhere to save on shipping or custom taxes, etc.

I heard the same from someone else, they were even thinking about selling it since they don't see themselves displaying it. I guess it's nice to have but not necessarily a must-have who want to order it elsewhere to save on shipping or custom taxes, etc.

I'm going to say that I'll always by the exclusive when I can, BUT if it's the difference between owning the statue and not, I wouldn't let it stand in your way.

I thought I would like it more, but I don't.

Thanks.

So Prime 1 can manage the intricate stuff in resin but the Sideshow Swamp Thing has to be vinyl
eusa_think.gif

As I suspected (already knew) - sneaky Sideshowsies!

Gollum-smeagol-gollum-5977043-500-375.jpg

The web cape is pretty impressive. Prime (or Sideshow or whoever) pulled it off. I didn't know this, but apparently the cape is pretty delicate. I read a few people on Statue Forum broke theirs. : /

Back