Statue Prime 1 Spider-Man 2099 Statue 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, I didn't consider that at all.
I'll be sure to mention that in my review then. Thanks for letting me know since that's quite important.

Edit:
I tried it out and it's easily done. Thanks again, Phoenixblazes. I've made a comment on the video shouting out to you. ;)

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't consider that at all.
I'll be sure to mention that in my review then. Thanks for letting me know since that's quite important.

Yeah no problem.

You're not the only collector to break that part, however slightly. Another YouTuber completely destroyed his live on social media.

Though not a fault per se, Prime 1 could've put the webbing instructions on the colour instructions as well. Maybe stapling another copy of the white slip of paper to the coloured instructions etc, so it would be harder to miss. Or at least maybe not use white coloured paper next time.

Or they could've used a more pliable material etc. Though possibly the more translucent nature of the piece may have hindered their options?

Agree. I did actually think about the hair dryer thing as I was finishing up the video. I've done the same with my Illidan statue as the Warglaives were very warped (however, the hair dryer wasn't sufficient and I had to use boiling water to actually make the material pliable).

The color instructions must've been made prior to QA (or whomever) took notice of the warped or unaligned nature of the cape. I agree that more could have been done to capture the attention of the person unboxing. It easily is a trivial process, unboxing a piece, and a small piece of paper like that can easily be disregarded.

In terms of material, I think they decided on this particular material in order to obtain the level of detail and translucency. But it's really fragile and can easily snap or flake. It looks great, though.

Congrats on getting this statue, Darth!

I was pretty happy that the cape on mine fit perfectly without having to use a blow dryer. I did see the little instruction sheet, tho.... so I had the blow dryer on stand by.

At the same time I can see how it can be missed. They should've done both ... add the instructions to the colored instructions and provide that little instruction sheet. That piece is sorely needed and very fragile.

Congrats on getting this statue, Darth!

I was pretty happy that the cape on mine fit perfectly without having to use a blow dryer. I did see the little instruction sheet, tho.... so I had the blow dryer on stand by.

At the same time I can see how it can be missed. They should've done both ... add the instructions to the colored instructions and provide that little instruction sheet. That piece is sorely needed and very fragile.

Thanks a lot!

Indeed, I just didn't even give it any thought that piece of paper.

Great review Phoenixblazes! Such an amazing statue! So glad I got it :)

1688x2250.jpeg.da2c128594b14b74a8f8795faf2092c1.large.jpg

Just got mine:
IMG_1745.jpg
IMG_1746.jpg
Now the cape was easier than expected.
Fitment isn't 100%.
Hairdryer wasn't doing much but nothing snapped and it's still in place.
Scary watching Radtitan broke his.

Last edited:
Congrats! A great piece to get during the holiday!

The cape on mine went on perfectly, too. No need for a blow dryer on mine.

Anyone have any tips for the hairdryer on the cape? I can't get it hot enough

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone have any tips for the hairdryer on the cape? I can't get it hot enough

If you leave the hair dryer on hot for a few minutes blowing on the cape it doesn't get hot enough to bend?

Nope. It actually sounded like it cracked a little

Nope. It actually sounded like it cracked a little

That's strange. The cape should've gotten hot ....or at the very least, warmer.

How far did you keep the hair dryer to the cape?

I contacted ssc about it. Said to try 3-4 inches away for one minute. I feel like I did that. The hot water idea in a Ziploc isn't a bad thought. Would p1 actually help? This is my first p1 piece but I heard they aren't really helpful if you ordered through ssc

I contacted ssc about it. Said to try 3-4 inches away for one minute. I feel like I did that. The hot water idea in a Ziploc isn't a bad thought. Would p1 actually help? This is my first p1 piece but I heard they aren't really helpful if you ordered through ssc

Did it actually crack?

Back