Prime 1 - Ripley (Aliens)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice congrats man, mine is out for delivery now so wont be long. I'm thinking of cancelling my City Hunter bust because my waitlist for Alien Big Chap popped up and I jumped on it. Dont know if I want to spend $1700 + $800 + whatever the shipping and taxes will be on both lol.

Thanks! Ah ok, cool. Totally understandable lol I wanted to get the Alien Warrior, but I can't justify the space with the massive base. If Prime 1 makes a bust of it, I'll get it.

Last Prime 1 pieces are the T2 line, AVP Scar (Wolf and AVP Elder) if they make them and John Wick 4.

She finally arrived this morning!! 😎

She's looks great! Don't judge my background setting ... I still gotta do some rearranging and putting up my 80s & 90s classic Sci-fi art prints, light-ups etc 😅

Just a few more pieces like Terminator and Robocop, to name a few... and I'm Sci-fi section is pretty much done.

My classic 80s & 90s Sci-fi art prints I gotta move and put behind it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231016_161021_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016_161021_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
She finally arrived this morning!! 😎

She's looks great! Don't judge my background setting ... I still gotta do some rearranging and putting up my 80s & 90s classic Sci-fi art prints, light-ups etc 😅

Just a few more pieces like Terminator and Robocop, to name a few... and I'm Sci-fi section is pretty much done.
Thanks a lot for your pictures! Absolutely perfection! And love your clean display and how good she is next to p.atreides!! Congratulations!!

Thanks a lot for your pictures! Absolutely perfection! And love your clean display and how good she is next to p.atreides!! Congratulations!!

Thank you. Yeah, it's getting there lol. Still rough around the edges, but with more pieces coming down the line, I'll find my footing.

Thank you. Yeah, it's getting there lol. Still rough around the edges, but with more pieces coming down the line, I'll find my footing.
Yer man, its gonna be sweet! Where abouts in London are you anyway? I used to live in Bromley before I moved to Canada 6 years ago. I worked in London in the movie industry, kinda miss it (not the commuting to soho though lol)

Yer man, its gonna be sweet! Where abouts in London are you anyway? I used to live in Bromley before I moved to Canada 6 years ago. I worked in London in the movie industry, kinda miss it (not the commuting to soho though lol)

West London. Ah ok, cool. So, you're a fellow Londoner? Got family in Canada.

The film industry? Nice! 😂 Yeah, I have a love and hate relationship with the underground and overground ... depending where and from you're going? 🤣

Last edited:
West London (Hammersmith & Fulham). Ah ok, cool. So, you're a fellow Londoner? Got family in Canada.

The film industry? Nice! 😂 Yeah, I have a love and hate relationship with the underground and overground ... depending where and from you're going? 🤣
Not really a Londoner, just lived/worked there, i'm from Liverpool lol :) Still waiting for this Ripley statue to turn up, hopefully not long to go! :)

Finally got a chance to adjust her clothing, using a spray bottle to relax some of the hard wrinkles from being pressed in the package. Also adjusted the belts and positions of the grenades and straps. Prime 1 did a really fantastic job with Ripley here, a character that we do not see depicted enough in toy/statue form. I still cannot believe this is here in front of me!

IMG_1338 copy.png
IMG_1340 copy.png

IMG_1342 copy.png
IMG_1337 copy.png

Finally got a chance to adjust her clothing, using a spray bottle to relax some of the hard wrinkles from being pressed in the package. Also adjusted the belts and positions of the grenades and straps. Prime 1 did a really fantastic job with Ripley here, a character that we do not see depicted enough in toy/statue form. I still cannot believe this is here in front of me!

View attachment 669598View attachment 669600
View attachment 669601View attachment 669602

Nice! Yeah, I completely agree. Ripley is a must-have. I've adjusted my straps too 👍🏾

Nice! Yeah, I completely agree. Ripley is a must-have. I've adjusted my straps too 👍🏾
I forgot to call out to your Kraken from the original Clash of the Titans movie! Man your choices are on point! I wish I had gone direct to Prime 1 with Paul Atreides, but for that one I went through Sideshow. I think they are delayed until end of this month early next month. They look fantastic together and the scale next to each other is great. Statue collecting is a whole different beast, don't know how you guys do it for display space and box storage!

I forgot to call out to your Kraken from the original Clash of the Titans movie! Man your choices are on point! I wish I had gone direct to Prime 1 with Paul Atreides, but for that one I went through Sideshow. I think they are delayed until end of this month early next month. They look fantastic together and the scale next to each other is great. Statue collecting is a whole different beast, don't know how you guys do it for display space and box storage!

Good observation. Thanks! Yeah lol, I love Ray Harryhausen work. Funny enough, I'm gonna move him into my fantasy creature section alongside with my Prime 1 Godzilla bust. I get pieces straight from Prime 1, so there's no hassle in the long run.

I only buy pieces I truly want and intend to keep. So, there's no wasted space or purchases.

She's arrived! I put her together quickly, still working so ill futz around with the straps, belts, clothing and my display later. First impressions are good, packed very well, nice face sculpt, glad to have Ripley in the Aliens collection. Ill post some nice pictures when its all setup correctly!

Attachments

• 20231016_145410.jpg
    20231016_145410.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231016_141951.jpg
    20231016_141951.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231016_140910.jpg
    20231016_140910.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

View attachment 669598View attachment 669600
View attachment 669601View attachment 669602
Wow wow potatoes!! First photo is digourney weaver 100%…can’t wait for mine!! Explain me how you use the sprsy botle please.

She's arrived! I put her together quickly, still working so ill futz around with the straps, belts, clothing and my display later. First impressions are good, packed very well, nice face sculpt, glad to have Ripley in the Aliens collection. Ill post some nice pictures when its all setup correctly!
Amazing display!! Which scale is the big chap next to her??? Thanks for posting and congratulations!!

Thanks man. He's close to 1/4th scale, just over at 23.64 inches. So they would work well side by side. Although Ripley's base is much thicker than the Big Chaps.
That look great:) and love the 1/4 big chap! I didn’t recognize that figure:)

Wow wow potatoes!! First photo is digourney weaver 100%…can’t wait for mine!! Explain me how you use the sprsy botle please.
@Manu81 Thank you!!! Yeah this statue is pretty remarkable! The spray bottle is just water lightly sprayed over the fabric like her shirt and pants. I do this to some Hot Toys figures that have stubborn wrinkles from being packed too tightly and leaving creases that you don't want. When its a little bit damp, just spread wrinkles out with your fingers and let it dry. A lot of Ripley's issues were in her shirt sleeves and lower pants.

@DjacK77 That Aliens display is so awesome, really top notch display--must be so relaxing to be around!

Thanks potato
@Manu81 Thank you!!! Yeah this statue is pretty remarkable! The spray bottle is just water lightly sprayed over the fabric like her shirt and pants. I do this to some Hot Toys figures that have stubborn wrinkles from being packed too tightly and leaving creases that you don't want. When its a little bit damp, just spread wrinkles out with your fingers and let it dry. A lot of Ripley's issues were in her shirt sleeves and lower pants.

@DjacK77 That Aliens display is so awesome, really top notch display--must be so relaxing to be around!

Is the Alien egg worth getting the deluxe for? I am torn between just paying $400 less for the regular version.

Back