Prime 1 - Predator - 1/3 Scale Museum Masterline MMPR-01DXS - Jungle Hunter Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If P1 make the closed mouth head sculpt, they should include it with both the regular and DX, to be fair to collectors who will be getting the regular version, and won't be getting the Props Bio mask and spinal trophy that only comes with the DX version.......:)
The collectors getting the regular version knew exactly what they were getting when hitting the pre-order button.
Those paying more for the DX version always knew more bonuses could be added later.

As Steve said it's a more expensive 'Deluxe' version for a reason.

The collectors getting the regular version knew exactly what they were getting when hitting the pre-order button.
Those paying more for the DX version always knew more bonuses could be added later.

Should have made the DX the reg version and made the DX a cosplayer who jumps out of the box, boots you in the balls and then just stands there awkwardly in the corner of the room for eternity (or however long they can survive). :lol

I was one of the collectors who ordered Reg initially. Then after a two days of going back and forth, decided to go DX.

My rationale was it'd be better off spending the extra $600, then don't have to worry about what's going to be included during the 2-3 years wait when this thing comes out.

Not worth the energy to wonder and ponder, and I'd rather use that to make extra $$$$. If an additional $600 over a 2-3 year period is too much to ask, sadly it may be time to call it a night with this hobby.

Love the Predator Movie! & the Predator itself! (Predator 1 & 2, AVP was OK, lol)

I got the reg version, simply not bothered about the extra bits, just happy there’s a wicked Predator coming out!

Yeah the new helmet would have been nice to have in the reg, don’t know why they just don’t replace the other one completely? Anyhow, can’t tell much difference, apart from new one looks better, less texturized.

Also I like the opened mouth pred version, see all the details inside, like the 1:1 sideshow bust once upon a time

What’s this closed mouth some keep going on about? Thought the DX version came with the closed mouth or is that semi-closed ?

Not a die hard predator fan, but been waiting for something great like this to come out! Like its huge! Go big or go home

I was actually waiting for someone to release a statue like this one, confrontation type of figure which back then I thought was amazing.
DSC01411.JPG

Would it possible for p1 to have the closed mouth version behind the removable mask since they announced its was interchangeable.

I will shout this from the bleachers if I need to. People who bought the regular were completely happy with what they were getting prior to these new additions, so dont get salty when they reward those who went the more expensive route. Im a sucker for exclusivity, so have no problem with them making anything they choose a DX item.

However, same goes for us DX peeps, I was happy with the exclusive items at the beginning also. So anything new is just a bonus for shelling the extra cash

If Prime offer economy shipping to the UK I will probably end up paying more having ordered from an EU shop. It's the chances you take.
Make your decision and live with it.

Is anyone else on the fence about ordering from a retailer for fear that Prime 1 will later introduce an exclusive when ordering direct?

If Prime offer economy shipping to the UK I will probably end up paying more having ordered from an EU shop. It's the chances you take.
Make your decision and live with it.

This is the main reason I'm not rushing to order just yet. Plus I have reward points from my City hunter via them. I have messaged Prime 1 to see if there are any updates on UK shipping, but I don't expect much of an answer....

Love the Predator Movie! & the Predator itself! (Predator 1 & 2, AVP was OK, lol)

I got the reg version, simply not bothered about the extra bits, just happy there’s a wicked Predator coming out!

Yeah the new helmet would have been nice to have in the reg, don’t know why they just don’t replace the other one completely? Anyhow, can’t tell much difference, apart from new one looks better, less texturized.

Also I like the opened mouth pred version, see all the details inside, like the 1:1 sideshow bust once upon a time

What’s this closed mouth some keep going on about? Thought the DX version came with the closed mouth or is that semi-closed ?

Not a die hard predator fan, but been waiting for something great like this to come out! Like its huge! Go big or go home
The DX version comes with an open mouth and partially opened mouth head sculpt, a lot of collectors want P1 to include a closed mouth head sculpt with the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, like what came with the DX version of the Big Game Jungle Hunter......:)

I think closed mouth is unlikely now, those extras' are mighty beefy and dare I say - "good value" in this hobby.

The only thing I wonder ....is it worth swapping out the extra DX Head Sculpt for a closed mouth version?! That would put the cat among the pigeons as they say!

I think closed mouth is unlikely now, those extras' are mighty beefy and dare I say - "good value" in this hobby.

The only thing I wonder ....is it worth swapping out the extra DX Head Sculpt for a closed mouth version?! That would put the cat among the pigeons as they say!
Oh man I went for the DX mainly for that extra head sculpt, if they don't include a closed mouth with this then they should definitely do a separate bust like the Joker

I'm probably in the minority who really like the DX head on this, I've already ordered the other EX Big Game Jungle Pred but wish I could just trade that closed mouth Head for this DX head. Every action figure has been doing the idealized fully open or closed mouth that it's sink into our memory, but in the movie his mandibles tend to rest more neutral like the DX head.

---

Noooo! Gimme my half smiley pred :)

They can add close mouth portrait down the track for those who want it, won't be for free though and I'd probably still end up buying it!

I'm probably in the minority who really like the DX head on this, I've already ordered the other EX Big Game Jungle Pred but wish I could just trade that closed mouth Head for this DX head. Every action figure has been doing the idealized fully open or closed mouth that it's sink into our memory, but in the movie his mandibles tend to rest more neutral like the DX head.

---
Steve and I also like it too :)

---
I think the DX portrait looks fantastic! So much expression in the eyes and mandibles.

Back