Statue Prime 1: Comic Bane 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for the first time in the human history we got a batman as part of a base of a statue.

---
Deathmarks don't come with the rain.

It really varies comic to comic, artist to artist. Sometimes he is high 6 or even mid 7 feet. Other times he’s a ginarmous hulking beast that could be over 10 feet tall. Judging by that green eye, he is totally hopped up on Venom and really could be any size. But looking how tiny Batman looks on the base, Bane is massive! A few pages back show one of his fists being the same size as a real woman’s hand! He looks to be as big as an incredibly ripped toddler a few pages back. It would be a two person move fully assembled! :lol

The detail on this statue is just incredible!

I think that’s a guy’s hand [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David finch
a0762292d427c61d29540400da8cb108.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

It'd be hard to imagine this Bane will ever be topped, but geeze , the size of most of their 1/3 statues just makes it extremely difficult to properly display. I will have to admire this one from afar.

I’ve really come to appreciate 1/5 scale for statues. Big enough to have lots of nice details but small enough to not take up all the space in the room.

I might be in the minority ...but I like the SSC Bane better. To me, that Bane statue had better proportions. And the base was not as hectic/busy as this P1 Bane. And I for one, don't like seeing Batman lying down defeated ...as I'd want a Batman statue displayed next to Bane.

This P1 Bane still looks great ...don't get me wrong ... but the SSC Bane statue appeals to me more.

I might be in the minority ...but I like the SSC Bane better. To me, that Bane statue had better proportions. And the base was not as hectic/busy as this P1 Bane. And I for one, don't like seeing Batman lying down defeated ...as I'd want a Batman statue displayed next to Bane.

This P1 Bane still looks great ...don't get me wrong ... but the SSC Bane statue appeals to me more.

I kinda agree with you there. As a stand alone piece it's epic but would look a bit odd if you want to stand a Batman statue alongside him.

This Bane would look epic in rogues gallery setup.

Very much!

I'm hoping we eventually get a comic book Riddler from Prime 1. He doesn't seem to get much love but definitely my favourite villain after Joker.

Amazing but very very big and priceless. Shipping will be more than a Sideshow PF....

SS version is the one for me. This is stilll nicei, but I prefer ss

My sentiments exactly.

Even if the P1 version was 1/4 scale, I'd still prefer the SSC version. Just prefer the pose, proportions and sculpt on the SSC version more.

My sentiments exactly.

Even if the P1 version was 1/4 scale, I'd still prefer the SSC version. Just prefer the pose, proportions and sculpt on the SSC version more.

I know art is completely a subjective thing (pose/sculpt etc), but honestly a little part of me has no idea why anyone would truly think the Sideshow version is better. It seems to be about half and half on the other forum as well.

I do understand that for some collectors that for what it is, it may be too big and too expensive. Also that the base may be too detailed and big as there are plenty who prefer simplicity, and heck some don’t even like that it has Batman being beaten to a bloody pulp.

I prefer my Sideshow version. The base is very cool on this but Bane's pose and proportions are coming off a little odd to me.

I really like this P1 Bane. It's an epic piece. However, I like the PF more. It's a phenomenal sculpt and pose. I also like that he's crushing the bat signal under his boot. It implies a victory over the Bat without having his body all beaten up on the base. That all said, you can't go wrong with either piece.

I know art is completely a subjective thing (pose/sculpt etc), but honestly a little part of me has no idea why anyone would truly think the Sideshow version is better. It seems to be about half and half on the other forum as well.

I do understand that for some collectors that for what it is, it may be too big and too expensive. Also that the base may be too detailed and big as there are plenty who prefer simplicity, and heck some don’t even like that it has Batman being beaten to a bloody pulp.

Some people like Walmart and some people like Target. [emoji23]

Bane did beat the snot out of Batman the comics. Makes sense for poor Bats to be underneath Big Bane like he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back