Prime 1 / Blitzway: Game of Thrones - Daenerys 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New member here. Registered to discuss my experience with this piece. This is probably my favorite piece next to the XM Studios Dark Phoenix. With that said, I've had a few issues with mine. The main issue for me was Rhaegal, the dragon to Daenerys' left (right side dragon if you are facing the statue) had foot pegs that were too close together - like a good 1/2" or so where I could not insert both square foot pegs into the back of the chair at the same time. Sideshow sent me a replacement Rhaegal (which arrived smashed into 5 pieces) but the foot pegs on the replacement dragon were also off by the same amount. They refused to ship me a new chair to see if the holes in the chair were drilled wrong in mine.

In any event, I was finally able to get Rhaegal to fit by pulling the legs apart a bit and with a little flex, I got the foot pegs to fit. It was nerve wracking b/c the polystone statue is super fragile and one of the dragon toes snapped off.

The other issue was Daenery's dress was not installed right. There is a long vertical sash that runs from her necklace down the middle btw her chest and under her belt. On mine, that vertical sash was not under the belt. It was loose and free flowing. So I had to remove her belt to place the sash underneath it and re-install the belt.

Finally, l also had a few pieces of Drogon's back spikes snap off. Thankfully, they didn't completely detach so I was able to just krazy glue them back in place without issue.

I wish I didn't have to deal with all these issues, but after everything was solved, it is a very stunning piece. Given how complicated it was packaged, the fact that you have 3 giant boxes, and how fragile this piece is, I would never consider buying this second hand. I fact, I'm afraid to move it for fear of breaking off more tiny pieces.

Welcome!

Good to hear I was not the only with a similar experience - how long did it take you to assemble the statue?

I also had issues installing the dragons into their respective bases - mainly Rhaegal and Viserys. The Blitzway installation instructional video (probably heavily edited) made it look so easy so I wonder if the polystone expands/contracts a lot after shipping out from the factory.

Literally spent over an hour frustratingly trying to align the dragons into the chair and table - i wish I had seen the other collector's post earlier about the hair dryer. The weather in my area is somewhat chilly at the moment so that probably did not help.

I was about to give up and contact SSC but I made one final attempt and they miraculously fit onto the base but not without some additional force which caused further paint chipping and cracks - luckily, i do not ever plan on selling so I will not have to disclose, that'll be up to my heirs. :lol

My dress was also not installed correctly, I think that goes for everyone. Not sure why but perhaps (if it were tucked in), it would cause some unnecessary stress around the neck (from which it was attached to) while the product is in transport.

I keep all the boxes, absolutely, for all my Statues.
I think i move all my collection 1 piece at time, with very carefully, but I'm not going to put everything in the boxes.

Inviato dal mio BKL-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

How are you able to store all of the boxes currently and what will you do when you inevitably run out of space?

I just recently reached the point where I've run out space in my basement and close to full capacity - probably a hazard with the water heater tank and central air gas furnace down there, not to mention probably heaven for rats if they were to ever make the boxes their home.

I've been collecting all my life but it's really only been in the last decade, where I've heavily invested into the premium collectible hobby (1/6, 1/4, 1/3) and amassing these huge boxes - my dilemma now is whether to get rid of some of the boxes since I do not plan on moving anytime soon nor selling off any pieces.

I recall one collector on Youtube said they rent out a storage unit but that seems like a waste of money to be throwing away hundreds/thousands per year.

Another Youtuber (Mr. X, The Extreme Channel), he posted a video where his garage is packed from floor to ceiling with boxes and he stores the rest at his work/business (also floor to ceiling) in what looked like a warehouse of some sort - we're talking hundreds of boxes. Luckily, his wife (who is featured in some of his videos) is somewhat understanding of his hobby. :lol

How are you able to store all of the boxes currently and what will you do when you inevitably run out of space?

I just recently reached the point where I've run out space in my basement and close to full capacity - probably a hazard with the water heater tank and central air gas furnace down there, not to mention probably heaven for rats if they were to ever make the boxes their home.

I've been collecting all my life but it's really only been in the last decade, where I've heavily invested into the premium collectible hobby (1/6, 1/4, 1/3) and amassing these huge boxes - my dilemma now is whether to get rid of some of the boxes since I do not plan on moving anytime soon nor selling off any pieces.

I recall one collector on Youtube said they rent out a storage unit but that seems like a waste of money to be throwing away hundreds/thousands per year.

Another Youtuber (Mr. X, The Extreme Channel), he posted a video where his garage is packed from floor to ceiling with boxes and he stores the rest at his work/business (also floor to ceiling) in what looked like a warehouse of some sort - we're talking hundreds of boxes. Luckily, his wife (who is featured in some of his videos) is somewhat understanding of his hobby. [emoji38]
I leave all the boxes in my current house, I have a very large room that I use as a garage.

Inviato dal mio BKL-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Another Youtuber (Mr. X, The Extreme Channel), he posted a video where his garage is packed from floor to ceiling with boxes and he stores the rest at his work/business (also floor to ceiling) in what looked like a warehouse of some sort - we're talking hundreds of boxes. Luckily, his wife (who is featured in some of his videos) is somewhat understanding of his hobby. [emoji38]
I threw the boxes for this statue out. They're just so big, there was no where to store them and I have no plans of ever selling it. When I'm moving I'll just bubble wrap in other boxes piece by piece.

I have kept pretty much all my other boxes, but statue ones are just too large.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Good to hear I was not the only with a similar experience - how long did it take you to assemble the statue?

I also had issues installing the dragons into their respective bases - mainly Rhaegal and Viserys. The Blitzway installation instructional video (probably heavily edited) made it look so easy so I wonder if the polystone expands/contracts a lot after shipping out from the factory.

Literally spent over an hour frustratingly trying to align the dragons into the chair and table - i wish I had seen the other collector's post earlier about the hair dryer. The weather in my area is somewhat chilly at the moment so that probably did not help.

I was about to give up and contact SSC but I made one final attempt and they miraculously fit onto the base but not without some additional force which caused further paint chipping and cracks - luckily, i do not ever plan on selling so I will not have to disclose, that'll be up to my heirs. :lol

My dress was also not installed correctly, I think that goes for everyone. Not sure why but perhaps (if it were tucked in), it would cause some unnecessary stress around the neck (from which it was attached to) while the product is in transport.

Thanks for the welcome! Initial assembly probably took 20 minutes with most of the time pulling things out of the boxes. But, I spent another 30 minutes fixing Daenery's dress and a good 1.5 hours trying to get Rhaegal's foot pegs placed in the back of the chair and fixing the two toes that snapped off when I finally got the foot pegs in.

If everything fit without issue, it's probably an easy 20 minutes top with 15 minutes spent unpacking those large boxes.

Wish I had known about the heating tip. Guess I should have read the instructions more carefully as I didn't see any mention of that at all and the sideshow support person I emailed never mentioned it either. They just shipped me another dragon in the weakest packaging ever such that the spare rhaegal arrived smashed into 5 pieces. At least I was able to experiment with the foot pegs on that one, which gave me the confidence to pry the legs further apart on my intact Rhaegal.

Oh what. I remember checking what the shipping cost was a month or so ago and it was $60 ish. Checked now and it's $189 for me. Weird that it changed.

This costs $320 to ship from Sideshow, wtf??? That's at least $200 more than I would have imagined.

I forget if I asked, was the shipping that expensive ($320) for people within or outside the United States?

I was actually charged more for sales tax ($101) than I was for shipping ($64).

Considering how heavy this statue is, I was shocked how "cheap" shipping was for me at $64 - normally, SSC charges me around $25 for a tiny Hot Toys 1/6 figure that is exponentially lighter.

Oh what. I remember checking what the shipping cost was a month or so ago and it was $60 ish. Checked now and it's $189 for me. Weird that it changed.

Was your shipping $60 on your SSC account order invoice (at the website) but you were charged differently ($189) after the statue shipped?

I should probably check my credit card record and see if SSC charged me differently then what is on record on my account at their website.

I am not surprised. It comes in 3 separate huge boxes. I was shocked at the size of all the packaging.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I own several 1/4 and 1/3 statues and the Daenerys 1:4 is the first that I can recall that was separated into 3 boxes.

Also, Blitzway seems to design their statues with really heavy bases - In addition to Daenerys, I have the Marilyn Monroe and Sharon Stone statues and those bases have quite a bit of heft too.

I forget if I asked, was the shipping that expensive ($320) for people within or outside the United States?

I was actually charged more for sales tax ($101) than I was for shipping ($64).

Considering how heavy this statue is, I was shocked how "cheap" shipping was for me at $64 - normally, SSC charges me around $25 for a tiny Hot Toys 1/6 figure that is exponentially lighter.

Was your shipping $60 on your SSC account order invoice (at the website) but you were charged differently ($189) after the statue shipped?

I should probably check my credit card record and see if SSC charged me differently then what is on record on my account at their website.

It's the price quoted during checkout.

Back