Prime 1 / Blitzway: Game of Thrones - Daenerys 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's in the EU. International shipping from Sideshow is really expensive atm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I spent 500 dollars for the shipping :(
You spent 1263 for this Piece, me 2150 dollars :(

Wow! I won't complain too much about SSC high shipping in the states after knowing how much it is for EU.

It did cost me an additional $120 for sales tax though.

I wonder how much SSC actually gets charged for shipping and passes onto the customer and how much they pocket the margins.

inIlJT1.jpg

Nice!

What type of display case is that?

I'm going to unbox mine later this week (to visually inspect if there is any damage) but I won't be able to display it until mid next year when my display case arrives.

Nice!

I'm going to unbox mine later this week (to visually inspect if there is any damage) but I won't be able to display it until mid next year when my display case arrives.
Are you getting a Moducase for this?

It's too bad they take so long to deliver.

Are you getting a Moducase for this?

It's too bad they take so long to deliver.

Yes, after a year of on-and-off due diligence I finally decided to take the plunge a couple weeks ago to order the Moducase (specifically the Max140 and Max140 Plus for statues and DF120 for sixth scale).

As you mentioned, it takes forever to deliver. And not cheap either - but it looks to be a good option in terms of flexibility, expandability and classy appearance.

Yes, after a year of on-and-off due diligence I finally decided to take the plunge a couple weeks ago to order the Moducase (specifically the Max140 and Max140 Plus for statues and DF120 for sixth scale).

As you mentioned, it takes forever to deliver. And not cheap either - but it looks to be a good option in terms of flexibility, expandability and classy appearance.
Yes, I did the same. I ordered 3 DF120's for my 1/6 scale collection back in April. Delivery will be early next year at this stage.

I will probably look at some of the Max's for the statues I have, but that might have to wait a bit

Nice!

It is an artisan showcase that I already had, in wood and glass.
I have a lot of pieces at the moment, but I hate my exposure, they are scattered around the house. In my new home I am designing a 6 x 3 meter wall entirely dedicated to statues.

Wow! I won't complain too much about SSC high shipping in the states after knowing how much it is for EU.

It did cost me an additional $120 for sales tax though.

I wonder how much SSC actually gets charged for shipping and passes onto the customer and how much they pocket the margins.

This hobby is very expensive for the Europeans and especially for us Italians, VAT and taxes are the highest ever. For each purchase, we need to add the 33% of the total, therefore also on shipping costs ... A real robbery

Just got invoiced for this one from my local supplier...maybe even in time for xmas.

76369DFB-DE4A-4380-8BED-F6F054D79AB8.jpg97072947-8569-48BB-91EC-583295FAE892.jpgA99ADB78-DFA4-4C22-A48B-9D4423CF9816.jpgC58A063B-7BF9-42BC-B4E2-DF37DFAF85D7.jpg7A7934D0-9D20-41EB-A713-F81E450EBEB9.jpg5CE8BF3A-E7DE-4890-86DB-736DA3A44B76.jpgimage.jpgI received it on Monday and it is absolutely stunning IMO. I tried to capture a few pics with my iPhone from a few different angles, but it looks 100 times better in person than it does in my pics. If I could say one thing that could have been improved on, it would have to be the dragon paint job. It’s not bad, but could have been better. Also, as mentioned before...the neck seam could have been handled better. Other than that, I have no issues with this piece. It?s definitely my new favorite in my collection.

Last edited:
New member here. Registered to discuss my experience with this piece. This is probably my favorite piece next to the XM Studios Dark Phoenix. With that said, I've had a few issues with mine. The main issue for me was Rhaegal, the dragon to Daenerys' left (right side dragon if you are facing the statue) had foot pegs that were too close together - like a good 1/2" or so where I could not insert both square foot pegs into the back of the chair at the same time. Sideshow sent me a replacement Rhaegal (which arrived smashed into 5 pieces) but the foot pegs on the replacement dragon were also off by the same amount. They refused to ship me a new chair to see if the holes in the chair were drilled wrong in mine.

In any event, I was finally able to get Rhaegal to fit by pulling the legs apart a bit and with a little flex, I got the foot pegs to fit. It was nerve wracking b/c the polystone statue is super fragile and one of the dragon toes snapped off.

The other issue was Daenery's dress was not installed right. There is a long vertical sash that runs from her necklace down the middle btw her chest and under her belt. On mine, that vertical sash was not under the belt. It was loose and free flowing. So I had to remove her belt to place the sash underneath it and re-install the belt.

Finally, l also had a few pieces of Drogon's back spikes snap off. Thankfully, they didn't completely detach so I was able to just krazy glue them back in place without issue.

I wish I didn't have to deal with all these issues, but after everything was solved, it is a very stunning piece. Given how complicated it was packaged, the fact that you have 3 giant boxes, and how fragile this piece is, I would never consider buying this second hand. I fact, I'm afraid to move it for fear of breaking off more tiny pieces.

New member here. Registered to discuss my experience with this piece. This is probably my favorite piece next to the XM Studios Dark Phoenix. With that said, I've had a few issues with mine. The main issue for me was Rhaegal, the dragon to Daenerys' left (right side dragon if you are facing the statue) had foot pegs that were too close together - like a good 1/2" or so where I could not insert both square foot pegs into the back of the chair at the same time. Sideshow sent me a replacement Rhaegal (which arrived smashed into 5 pieces) but the foot pegs on the replacement dragon were also off by the same amount. They refused to ship me a new chair to see if the holes in the chair were drilled wrong in mine.

In any event, I was finally able to get Rhaegal to fit by pulling the legs apart a bit and with a little flex, I got the foot pegs to fit. It was nerve wracking b/c the polystone statue is super fragile and one of the dragon toes snapped off.

The other issue was Daenery's dress was not installed right. There is a long vertical sash that runs from her necklace down the middle btw her chest and under her belt. On mine, that vertical sash was not under the belt. It was loose and free flowing. So I had to remove her belt to place the sash underneath it and re-install the belt.

Finally, l also had a few pieces of Drogon's back spikes snap off. Thankfully, they didn't completely detach so I was able to just krazy glue them back in place without issue.

I wish I didn't have to deal with all these issues, but after everything was solved, it is a very stunning piece. Given how complicated it was packaged, the fact that you have 3 giant boxes, and how fragile this piece is, I would never consider buying this second hand. I fact, I'm afraid to move it for fear of breaking off more tiny pieces.
It is very fragile. I did knock a toe off of Drogon when I was placing him on the table, barely touched it and it fell off, luckily it was an easy fix.

I thankfully didn't have the issues you did with Rhaegal, it took a bit of working it around, but the pegs slipped in okay.
The instructions do say to use a hairdryer to heat up the pegs of there are any issues.

I agree, you wouldn't want to buy this secondhand. Would be too easily damaged. Imagine having to put the pieces all back into those boxes the right way! Mine is sitting on the dining table right now and it weighs a tonne, so it's not moving yet lol.

As with the dress, mine also had that front part untucked from the belt, I think they are shipped that way and you have to remove the belt and place it in there yourself. I have yet to do that on mine.

Stunning piece though isn't it! Glad I purchased this one.

It is very fragile. I did knock a toe off of Drogon when I was placing him on the table, barely touched it and it fell off, luckily it was an easy fix.

I thankfully didn't have the issues you did with Rhaegal, it took a bit of working it around, but the pegs slipped in okay.
The instructions do say to use a hairdryer to heat up the pegs of there are any issues.

I agree, you wouldn't want to buy this secondhand. Would be too easily damaged. Imagine having to put the pieces all back into those boxes the right way! Mine is sitting on the dining table right now and it weighs a tonne, so it's not moving yet lol.

As with the dress, mine also had that front part untucked from the belt, I think they are shipped that way and you have to remove the belt and place it in there yourself. I have yet to do that on mine.

This is a masterpiece but very fragile.

Just watched a review and it looks pretty nice. They didn't quite nail the likeness. For the money I'll likely pass. But overall it's a great looking statue. Surprised they haven't shown a Jon Snow. If they did a great version of him I would probably be more tempted by this.

The same thing happened to me :D
This is a masterpiece but very fragile. I heard a crack when I put Rhaegal in the chair, but it holds up well and I never touched it again.
Soon I am moving to a new house and I have to move my entire collection, this is the piece I am most afraid of moving.

Are you repacking it into the original box when you move?

I do not plan on moving anytime soon but I can imagine I'd be very wary of properly packing it (even in the original box) and potentially damaging the statue.

Do you plan on keeping the boxes at your new place?

These boxes take up a massive amount of space, especially if you have accumulated several of these large statues over the years - I'm debating whether to throw them out.

Are you repacking it into the original box when you move?

I do not plan on moving anytime soon but I can imagine I'd be very wary of properly packing it (even in the original box) and potentially damaging the statue.

Do you plan on keeping the boxes at your new place?

These boxes take up a massive amount of space, especially if you have accumulated several of these large statues over the years - I'm debating whether to throw them out.
I keep all the boxes, absolutely, for all my Statues.
I think i move all my collection 1 piece at time, with very carefully, but I'm not going to put everything in the boxes.

Inviato dal mio BKL-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

I wish I had read your post about the hair dryer before getting my statue, would of saved me a lot of trouble - i recall seeing the instructions but I must of had a brain fart and not understood the diagram. Not sure why I did not think of this on my own, because I done this trick before on 1/6 figures to get the pegs and hands/feet to attach.

Agreed on not wanting to buy this second-hand unless it was sealed and unopened. Just too much potential for damage between when the original seller assembled the statue or whether they repack it properly.

Yeah, this statue weighs a ton. I was originally planning to put it on the 2nd level (middle) of the display cases I'm getting later this year - the cases supposedly will support the weight but after getting a sense of the sheer mass in person, I do not want to take that risk. I will put it on the bottom shelf closest to the floor.

Back