Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be that DX sales are higher than standards and they expect that trend to continue. Or perhaps they hope to encourage people to buy the more expensive package by limiting the cheaper one. Either way, I'm glad to have a standard locked down. Can't wait to see production photos, hope they look good.

Have to say it is a bit of a let down when they do this, they did it with the alien 3D wall mount as well. The dx es is higher than the standard. I ordered the Dx version of the predator myself almost a year ago and now they post that the dx es is higher than the standard. Seems like a bit of a money grab to me. Have to say as far as collectibility goes, they went the wrong direction and it’s a little disappointing. Wish they’d be a little more forthcoming with the direction of the Es’s.

What's the difference between their secondary market going rate? Just curious as I only cared to get the Reg.

I guess that depends on what the extra items are. This has a couple of extra heads and the spear, so quite a bit to justify a higher cost. I don't think we should think of Prime 1's DX options as we would a typical EX statue from Sideshow etc. EX's have little trinkets, the occasional COH or weapon etc. These DX's are generally just different options that offer extra stuff for those who wish to buy them. I love the Guardian mask, so had to go for the DX. And those who don't wish to buy the extra parts get to save a chunk of money. It's a fairly decent way of doing it imo. Although yeah, the higher ES number on the DX is going to be difficult to get used to.

It's a money grab as this is a trend with Prime 1 statues, hold off as long as possible on ES info to gauge market interest and maximise sales.

If interest is lower than expected during PO after 1-2 years, Prime 1 can choose to reduce the ES to try and boost sales to equilibrium. If interest is high during PO, then bump up the ES and sell it over many years to maximise returns.

This is still a high ES (therefore there must be some decent demand during PO) and it only benefits Prime 1 as there is no time limit for these sales, could take 6 months to sell out or 6 years or never (and if not sold out at present, Prime 1 can still reintroduce it in the future until the ES is eventually sold out). Its a smart sales strategy which minimises Prime 1 short changing itself, but leaves collectors in the dark on whether to gamble on a PO or wait for in hand pics, videos. Still this approach doesn't ring right for me, kind of gives me the vibe Prime 1 is lacking some kind of confidence in their products to resort to these stealthy sales tactics.

It's a very similar ES over all to the Wonderful SWS/Sideshow maquette. And that thing was produced when these states actually were limited collectibles.

I don't think a total ES of 1,000 is a lot for what is overall, the best Predator statue made to date imo. As a owner of the OG Ex, the only thing that is better on that one is the Bio mask. Obviously SWS endorsing and helping produce it gives it added prestige as well, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Prime.

I don't think a total ES of 1,000 is a lot for what is overall, the best Predator statue made to date imo. As a owner of the OG Ex, the only thing that is better on that one is the Bio mask. Obviously SWS endorsing and helping produce it gives it added prestige as well, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Prime.

WEll said. Seeing the last few ES of P1 Alien and Predators stuff, I think the es is reasonable. Compare to SS es, which is a lot higher and years back when there were less collectors than now.

Good news to the Jungle Hunter people. I went back and forth about 6 months ago with p1 about the correct netting sizes to use, after thier tusk predator netting was sent out. This is their fugitive predator in hand. So it looks like they have gotten it correct. Which means the jungle hunter looks to be on track.
FB_IMG_1613156993598.jpg

Good news to the Jungle Hunter people. I went back and forth about 6 months ago with p1 about the correct netting sizes to use, after thier tusk predator netting was sent out. This is their fugitive predator in hand. So it looks like they have gotten it correct. Which means the jungle hunter looks to be on track.
View attachment 505985

I've really liked this particular look but this guy may be the worst Predator on-screen, so I just can't justify the price for it. I wish Hot Toys would've delievred on him, at least. $250, I can live with.

Back