Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course the CM is not the Big Chap. Why you think I keep saying CM Alien? It is obviously a conceptual interpretation. How many times do I have to keep repeating this? And yes, it is an old inaccurate outdated piece. You are not the only one who loves Alien 79. Heck, I am probably the oldest member here. My late father took me to see Alien as a kid back in 1979, that was one of my fondest and best times with my dad. It is my all time favorite movie (it was my dad’s second favorite sci-fi movie after Blade Runner). But I am cool and open-minded to new concepts, life is not set in stone, things change. I actually like Prometheus. The key is to watch it as an alternate Alien universe film, not canon. Yes, nothing beats Alien 79, I am with you there 100%. Aliens too. Not crazy about Alien 3 as it shiat all over the great Aliens film by killing off Newt, Hicks, and Bishop, that was such a disservice. But the quadruped Xeno was a brilliant creation, so I appreciated it in that respect. We are in agreement on the AVP and most of the other crap, except again, I liked Prometheus as a stand alone alternate universe film. I just loved the cinematography and soundtrack, although I must admit, the crew were a bunch of idiots, lol. And yes, the whole Engineer thing messed up the wondrous mystery of the Space Jockey. The whole David 8 and Walter One Covenant fiasco, that was a true train wreck of a storyline. But again, just consider it non-canon, for everyones sanity's sake, lol.

Anyway, I do sympathize and understand your point of view, I get it.

I'm going to leave this conversation for the predator people here. This isn't about Alien. I was using it as an example for the jungle hunter by p1 and the cm jungle hunter. This can be discussed on the Alien thread. I understand that everyone is different in tastes and I never said I was the only one. But you have responded to my comments when I'm not even talking to you lol. You jumped right in and assumed I was speaking to you. I wasn't, I had to double check if you were the same person I originally commented to on their cm predator offer.

Anyway. My Big Game Jungle Hunter is all paid off, just going through the waiting game.

I am currently trying to secure an original Sideshow JH maquette too (exclusive version). After reading everyones replies, ive come to the realisation that each top tier statue has a thing that makes it worth buying. The SS maquette being endorsed by SW studios, the CM being done by Mr. Wang, and now Prime 1 being overall the best all round piece.

If you cant decide, then dont I say :p

LOL - I can miss days worth of posts depending on who posts next after the last time I've viewed the thread - so many people I've previously blocked for various reasons :lol

So - now I've caught up - Steve's post quoted (red text) says it perfectly.

I have the Sadshow (when they were Sideshow) 1:4 maquette, and the CM, and love them both. They'd be among the last 10 mass-produced collectibles I'd ever get rid of.

Having said that, for ME, they are not up there with the Sideshow 1:1 Jungle Hunter bust, CoolProps 1:1 City Hunter bust, or the (perfect) Infinity Studios 1:4 City Hunter.

I really like the look of the PRIME1 Jungle Hunter (not so much the City Hunter), and may well still end up getting it - great pose, and superb art direction & sculpt.

If you can own all of them (SS/CM/PRIME1) - go for it. You can never have too many Pred collectibles :)

LOL - I can miss days worth of posts depending on who posts next after the last time I've viewed the thread - so many people I've previously blocked for various reasons :lol

So - now I've caught up - Steve's post quoted (red text) says it perfectly.

I have the Sadshow (when they were Sideshow) 1:4 maquette, and the CM, and love them both. They'd be among the last 10 mass-produced collectibles I'd ever get rid of.

Having said that, for ME, they are not up there with the Sideshow 1:1 Jungle Hunter bust, CoolProps 1:1 City Hunter bust, or the (perfect) Infinity Studios 1:4 City Hunter.

I really like the look of the PRIME1 Jungle Hunter (not so much the City Hunter), and may well still end up getting it - great pose, and superb art direction & sculpt.

If you can own all of them (SS/CM/PRIME1) - go for it. You can never have too many Pred collectibles :)

Well said man. The Sideshow 1:1 Jungle Hunter is amazing. Its the first expensive statue I boughr and will easily be the last thing I ever sell if I had to sell my collection for any reason. Dying to find a Coolprop P2 bust, but there doesnt seem to be anything local.

The I.S City Hunter for me is cool, but the paintjob is a letdown for me comlared to Prime 1's. I also think Prime 1's biomask is superior. I.S' unmasked sculpt of what I can see compared to the limited pics of Prime 1's is far superior.

Well said man. The Sideshow 1:1 Jungle Hunter is amazing. Its the first expensive statue I boughr and will easily be the last thing I ever sell if I had to sell my collection for any reason. Dying to find a Coolprop P2 bust, but there doesnt seem to be anything local.

The I.S City Hunter for me is cool, but the paintjob is a letdown for me comlared to Prime 1's. I also think Prime 1's biomask is superior. I.S' unmasked sculpt of what I can see compared to the limited pics of Prime 1's is far superior.

1:1 ????

He's referring to the 1:1 bust from back in the day.

Predator-The-Predator-1-1-Scale-Bust-1.jpg

He's referring to the 1:1 bust from back in the day.

Predator-The-Predator-1-1-Scale-Bust-1.jpg

Yeah - you got it . . . perfect except for the production mistake on EVERY copy
icon_arrow.gif
the unpainted portion of the chest above the nameplate (top-left as you look at the pic).

Effin GORGEOUS piece, and the first mass-produced/licensed collectible costing over $400 USD I ever bought (back in July 2005).

MAN the years (and thousands of dollars) flew by! :)

Yeah - you got it . . . perfect except for the production mistake on EVERY copy
icon_arrow.gif
the unpainted portion of the chest above the nameplate (top-left as you look at the pic).

Effin GORGEOUS piece, and the first mass-produced/licensed collectible costing over $400 USD I ever bought (back in July 2005).

MAN the years (and thousands of dollars) flew by! :)

Legit have never noticed the unpainted portion. The more you know. But i dont believe there will ever be a licenced bust that tops it. Only thing that I think looks as good are Scott Marshalls busts

The CM Alien hasn't aged all that well in terms of sculpt, but I'd still like to have one for the overall package it offers. No way I'd pay the prices people want for it these days though. I remember Play.com (when that was a thing) Had it on sale for about 700 GBP at one point. I scoffed at such prices for a statue back then, how times change, and how wonderful a thing hindsight is. That said, it is a product of its time. My memory isn't the greatest, but I can't remember there being any Alien statues better than this when it originally released, I remember liking it a lot at the time. Lot's of statues from back then have aged badly in fairness. Which makes the old SWS Predator even more impressive as it still looks amazing for the most part. Good old Stan. I'd give anything for a modern Jungle and City hunter statue from him and his studio of he was still around.

The only Cinemaquette that's really grabbed me in all aspects would be the Endoskeleton. Sadly, it seems even rarer than the Alien and Predator.

The only Cinemaquette that's really grabbed me in all aspects would be the Endoskeleton. Sadly, it seems even rarer than the Alien and Predator.

Yeah the Endoskeleton cinemaquette is amazing. That and the Queen Studio bust are the best terminator pieces I believe. Prime 1's are both awesome, but theres no way I can fit 1:2 pieces in my collection

That one is a rarity, never sold out it's listed ES, thus not many floating around. Interestingly it was quite disliked by a few when first unveiled, compared to other endos, it didn't get much love. When production pieces came out people bashed it even more, pointing out the pose being even more exaggerated than the proto photos but ironically I think that's one of the main strengths of this piece. Over time it has aged like fine wine and is now one of the most sought after pieces. I haven't seen one on sale for 5-6 years.

Legit have never noticed the unpainted portion. The more you know. But i dont believe there will ever be a licenced bust that tops it. Only thing that I think looks as good are Scott Marshalls busts

I have two Scott Marshall Predator busts, Jungle and City. Along with their bio masks from Casey McCabe. They are so friggin awesome.

The CM Alien hasn't aged all that well in terms of sculpt, but I'd still like to have one for the overall package it offers. No way I'd pay the prices people want for it these days though. I remember Play.com (when that was a thing) Had it on sale for about 700 GBP at one point. I scoffed at such prices for a statue back then, how times change, and how wonderful a thing hindsight is. That said, it is a product of its time. My memory isn't the greatest, but I can't remember there being any Alien statues better than this when it originally released, I remember liking it a lot at the time. Lot's of statues from back then have aged badly in fairness. Which makes the old SWS Predator even more impressive as it still looks amazing for the most part. Good old Stan. I'd give anything for a modern Jungle and City hunter statue from him and his studio of he was still around.

Stan really was great when it came to him caring about how his work was represented. I bet there is a cast somewhere of the Queen that could be used for a fantastic bust of something.
His predator work is honestly still better than anything ADI did. The jungle and city still look very real, I think the city shouldn't have had white around the iris but more like the purple like the jungle hunter(minor nit pick) The only thing these days is getting too clean of a sculpt due to digital, but I think they are improving at making them a big more gritty.
CM made a killer predator and a fantastic endoskeleton. The pred just wasn't the one we see on screen.

Yeah the Endoskeleton cinemaquette is amazing. That and the Queen Studio bust are the best terminator pieces I believe. Prime 1's are both awesome, but theres no way I can fit 1:2 pieces in my collection

I almost pulled the trigger on the Queen Studios bust when it came out, but didn’t due to lack of space, but now I regret it.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Queen Studios bust when it came out, but didn?t due to lack of space, but now I regret it.

Those go for about 4-5k now. There still good demand for terminator and predator stuff so I hope all these companies take note!

Back