Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've really liked this particular look but this guy may be the worst Predator on-screen, so I just can't justify the price for it. I wish Hot Toys would've delievred on him, at least. $250, I can live with.

Oh yeah stupid movie stupid character. But as far as the production of this piece, specifically the netting. Prime 1 seems to be on a good track right now.

Good news to the Jungle Hunter people. I went back and forth about 6 months ago with p1 about the correct netting sizes to use, after thier tusk predator netting was sent out. This is their fugitive predator in hand. So it looks like they have gotten it correct. Which means the jungle hunter looks to be on track.
View attachment 505985

:hi5:

Now all we need is a deck of cards...

Good news to the Jungle Hunter people. I went back and forth about 6 months ago with p1 about the correct netting sizes to use, after thier tusk predator netting was sent out. This is their fugitive predator in hand. So it looks like they have gotten it correct. Which means the jungle hunter looks to be on track.
View attachment 505985

I quite dig this pred, the posture, base and light up features tick my boxes. Pity the movie was a disaster. Pretty sure the jungle hunter will at least match this one re sculpt, paint and overall quality, just wished it had a similar posture to this one.

I like the pose of the Big Game Hunter. Relaxing after skinning some dudes, one foot resting higher on the rock, holding bloody skull and spine, scoping his surroundings, chilling and relaxing, laughing to himself as how easy humans are as game. Yeah, love his pose, lol.

I like the pose of the Big Game Hunter. Relaxing after skinning some dudes, one foot resting higher on the rock, holding bloody skull and spine, scoping his surroundings, chilling and relaxing, laughing to himself as how easy humans are as game. Yeah, love his pose, lol.

Yes... Less is more with this pose.

Just got a killer deal on a Cinemaquette Pred locally and now im debating on whether or not to keep this guy on P.O. Id love to keep it but am finding it hard to work out how to display multiple statues of the same character. Am quite limited on space until I move out.

This was going to be my definitive JH statue to go alongside my 1:1 Sideshow Bust; but that was before I even dreamed of owning a Cinemaquette. How things change.

Just got a killer deal on a Cinemaquette Pred locally and now im debating on whether or not to keep this guy on P.O. Id love to keep it but am finding it hard to work out how to display multiple statues of the same character. Am quite limited on space until I move out.

This was going to be my definitive JH statue to go alongside my 1:1 Sideshow Bust; but that was before I even dreamed of owning a Cinemaquette. How things change.

Drop the PO and enjoy the Cinemaquette, it’s the best Preddy ever made, a true 1/3 and a true grail.

P1 over the CM, assuming production goes well.

CM next to the awesome SS Bust will highlight the balloon headed CM. Totally disagree with the last comment, obtaining the SS Maquette made selling the CM easy.

I'd take this over the CM all day long. I get why people like that one for sure, it's big and impressive. But if you want the best representation of what we saw on screen, it's either this or the old SWS/SS maquette. The CM is highly stylised. Although if both are an option, that's obviously a good position to be in.

I enjoy seeing peoples opinions. Definitely agree with the cinemaquette not being mlvie accurate. I have been considering keeping this PO due to the swap out Guardian mask

Congrats! CM no question. Every inch of that statue including the base is beautiful. No predator piece comes close. Not just the grail for pred statues but grail for all statues.

The CM is fantastic it is unique and special.
However, it depends on what you want. I'd call it a concept piece since Steve Wang said it was what he wanted the predator to look like. But it isn't accurate to the film. Some collectors don't look at accuracy as important as others. I for one would take the P1 Big Chap over the CM Alien. Simply because that one isn't accurate at all either. I'd sell that one for its inflated price and buy the accurate one. This same idea applies to the CM predator and P1 predator.

I for one would take the P1 Big Chap over the CM Alien.

Not me. When I get my P1 Big Chap, and if by some miracle, a collector wants to trade his CM Alien for my P1 Big Chap, I would do it in a nano-second.

I like original, but I also like concept interpretations. The CM Alien has HR Gigers signature, that is the ace of spades right there. I have the Hollywood Collectibles Gallery Giger 1/2 Alien head with his hand written signature, I friggin love it, a special piece. That is the reason I would take the CM Alien over the CM Predator as well, HR Gigers signature. Don’t get me wrong, Steve Wangs signature is great too, but it is not HR Giger.

I had 2 CM Preds before and agree with the others. If Prime can pull this piece off, I'd rank the CM 3rd more than likely. Still a great piece, but not for $3-4k imo. I had the CM Alien too. I wish I held onto it a few years longer since it goes for crazy prices.

If I was a hardcore Giger fan, no question, the CM is the better way to go, especially if you could somehow find that AP base version. As someone who only wants one Alien in the collection, had to go with Prime.

Not me. When I get my P1 Big Chap, and if by some miracle, a collector wants to trade his CM Alien for my P1 Big Chap, I would do it in a nano-second.

I like original, but I also like concept interpretations. The CM Alien has HR Gigers signature, that is the ace of spades right there. I have the Hollywood Collectibles Gallery Giger 1/2 Alien head with his hand written signature, I friggin love it, a special piece. That is the reason I would take the CM Alien over the CM Predator as well, HR Gigers signature. Don’t get me wrong, Steve Wangs signature is great too, but it is not HR Giger.

Let's be honest, if you've seen Dark Star they go into how Giger was kinda broke in the last 15 years of his life. He literally signed off on anything anyone would offer him if they paid him enough for it. Giger is my idol, but his family now would sign off on any alien statue for the right money.
The cm isn't accurate to the film at all. I'd absolutely sell it and get myself the film accurate version. I'm not in it for a name I'm in it for the art of the 1979 film.
The cm alien goes for $10,000 which is insane. People just built it up so much. I'd say is it absolutely overrated. But this isn't about the Alien, the cm predator is a similar situation, and the p1 jungle hunter is far more accurate. And in time would probably surpass the cm one.

Let's be honest, if you've seen Dark Star they go into how Giger was kinda broke in the last 15 years of his life. He literally signed off on anything anyone would offer him if they paid him enough for it. Giger is my idol, but his family now would sign off on any alien statue for the right money.
The cm isn't accurate to the film at all. I'd absolutely sell it and get myself the film accurate version. I'm not in it for a name I'm in it for the art of the 1979 film.
The cm alien goes for $10,000 which is insane. People just built it up so much. I'd say is it absolutely overrated. But this isn't about the Alien, the cm predator is a similar situation, and the p1 jungle hunter is far more accurate. And in time would probably surpass the cm one.

There you go again with accuracy. I already said that is a moot point for me. I like both originality, but I also like concept interpretative art. You only like originality, I got that a few posts ago.

So if people are willing to pay $10k. Why is it insane? To some, $10k is a drop in the bucket. Ok, so its insane to you. I myself would rather spend $10k for a new crate engine for my 65 Mustang than a statue, but Im not going to hate on others for doing so, if they can afford it, more power to them.

Who doesnt sign stuff for the right money? Oh, the crime.

By the time the P1 sells for $10k, I will be long dead, lol.

I am currently trying to secure an original Sideshow JH maquette too (exclusive version). After reading everyones replies, ive come to the realisation that each top tier statue has a thing that makes it worth buying. The SS maquette being endorsed by SW studios, the CM being done by Mr. Wang, and now Prime 1 being overall the best all round piece.

If you cant decide, then dont I say :p

There you go again with accuracy. I already said that is a moot point for me. I like both originality, but I also like concept interpretative art. You only like originality, I got that a few posts ago.

So if people are willing to pay $10k. Why is it insane? To some, $10k is a drop in the bucket. Ok, so its insane to you. I myself would rather spend $10k for a new crate engine for my 65 Mustang than a statue, but Im not going to hate on others for doing so, if they can afford it, more power to them.

Who doesnt sign stuff for the right money? Oh, the crime.

By the time the P1 sells for $10k, I will be long dead, lol.

Okay let me put it this way, after reading Gigers Diary for ALIEN if he had it completely his way the Alien would have had giant bug eyes and scales. It took an entire team of artists to give us the Alien on film. That Alien means an incredible amount in my life.
Want to know why accuracy is important to me? Because people will buy anything. And I mean anything. It is why AVP and all that garbage is still a thing. Meanwhile that was a money grab for teenagers and kids.
Alien deserves the respect, that respect coming in the form of accuracy and love of details.
To me, cm predator and Alien are knock offs. And back when statues lacked extreme accuracy, people gobbled it up. Built it up and created a demand that shouldn't have existed in the first place.
If you can look at this and tell me it is the big chap. Then there there no point in discussing it. 100_0599.jpg

I am currently trying to secure an original Sideshow JH maquette too (exclusive version). After reading everyones replies, ive come to the realisation that each top tier statue has a thing that makes it worth buying. The SS maquette being endorsed by SW studios, the CM being done by Mr. Wang, and now Prime 1 being overall the best all round piece.

If you cant decide, then dont I say :p

Stan winston was the man honestly, his work was and still is the greatest practical effects to date. The cast statues of predator from the film are so good, the paint apps weren't what they are today though like the p1 JH. If I loved predator as much as Alien I'd be swooning over the p1 predator.

Okay let me put it this way, after reading Gigers Diary for ALIEN if he had it completely his way the Alien would have had giant bug eyes and scales. It took an entire team of artists to give us the Alien on film. That Alien means an incredible amount in my life.
Want to know why accuracy is important to me? Because people will buy anything. And I mean anything. It is why AVP and all that garbage is still a thing. Meanwhile that was a money grab for teenagers and kids.
Alien deserves the respect, that respect coming in the form of accuracy and love of details.
To me, cm predator and Alien are knock offs. And back when statues lacked extreme accuracy, people gobbled it up. Built it up and created a demand that shouldn't have existed in the first place.
If you can look at this and tell me it is the big chap. Then there there no point in discussing it. View attachment 506374

Of course the CM is not the Big Chap. Why you think I keep saying CM Alien? It is obviously a conceptual interpretation. How many times do I have to keep repeating this? And yes, it is an old inaccurate outdated piece. You are not the only one who loves Alien 79. Heck, I am probably the oldest member here. My late father took me to see Alien as a kid back in 1979, that was one of my fondest and best times with my dad. It is my all time favorite movie (it was my dad’s second favorite sci-fi movie after Blade Runner, and yes, we both saw that together at the theater in 82 as well). But I am cool and open-minded to new concepts, life is not set in stone, things change. I actually like Prometheus. The key is to watch it as an alternate Alien universe film, not canon. Yes, nothing beats Alien 79, I am with you there 100%. Aliens too. Not crazy about Alien 3 as it shiat all over the great Aliens film by killing off Newt, Hicks, and Bishop, that was such a disservice. But the quadruped Xeno was a brilliant creation, so I appreciated it in that respect. We are in agreement on the AVP and most of the other crap, except again, I liked Prometheus as a stand alone alternate universe film. I just loved the cinematography and soundtrack, although I must admit, the crew were a bunch of idiots, lol. And yes, the whole Engineer thing messed up the wondrous mystery of the Space Jockey. The whole David 8 and Walter One Covenant fiasco, that was a true train wreck of a storyline. But again, just consider it non-canon, for everyones sanity's sake, lol.

Anyway, I do sympathize and understand your point of view, I get it.

Back