Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really wonder where the best place to get this will be for Australian collectors. Popcultcha have some P1 pieces, but not the City Hunter.. hopefully it gets sorted. Might even have to night the bullet with the $440usd shipping..

Yeah, fingers crossed. Would suck to miss out on some of the pieces they're coming out with but there's honestly no way I'd pay that much for shipping on anything. But at the same time I don't think these licenses are going anywhere for a while.

Re: Prime 1 Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Just noticed in one of the videos that there are two small rectangular pouches sealed with an animal tooth attached to the left side of the belt, so there is some embellishment. Not sure why they did that specifically, since they can't be seen on the comic cover.

View attachment 462873

Yes this is interesting. He has a small pouch on the belt in the movie but that one looks different. Not like this at all. You can see it on the video at 0:23. This makes you wonder are they gonna release a new one specifically from the movie...or this is it and the pouch stays that way...or they gonna correct it for the final product.

I think what P1 have done is make the Jungle Hunter Predator from the movie, but posed like the Predator from the cover of the Predator Big Game comic book issue 2, because the Predator on the comic book is holding a spear, where as this Jungle Hunter is holding the spine/skull.....

Do we know if the heads are poseable? Some pics have him looking in different directions.

Really? Is that amount at all subject to change or do they give you an accurate quote at the time of order?

I think I accidentally deleted my reply. Sorry I was incorrect. CH was 117 and big game is 96. Unsure if these change. Haven't ordered anything from P1 yet.

I think I accidentally deleted my reply. Sorry I was incorrect. CH was 117 and big game is 96. Unsure if these change. Haven't ordered anything from P1 yet.

Ah, I see. Not terrible if that's what it comes to.

p1base.jpg

The more I look at this, the more I like it. The initial close-up photos were indeed overwhelming, but I think studio shots of the solo Predator statue without Hopper behind it will make it look more cohesive.

Base is great. Organic and imperfect enough to feel like a real part of the character's world, but with enough contrived details and polish (easter eggs, circular shape with roots wrapped around) to still make it feel like a complete artwork and not a clumsy diorama. The character still dominates the piece, taking up over half the total height while on the rock and far more when the back leg is visible.

In a nutshell:

tenor.gif

Don't mind the hunch either. A few folks have mentioned they'd like P1 to straighten him out, but if the rest of the pose stays the same, he'd have more of a dominatrix vibe than a hunter stalking his prey. Just try it. Raise your office chair to knee height, put one foot on it and stand up straight. Bit odd for this character, no?

I really like this so far. I hope there is a switch out empty left hand though. I want to be able to display the Predator during the hunt, stalking his prey. I still do like the skull and spine for an occasional change of course.

This seems to be based on Big Game #2 for licencing reasons however highly influenced by Jungle Hunter as the bases are strewn with references such as the scorpion, the hanging body, skull and spinal chord, etc. Even the bottom of the base looks like the cropping where Dutch hid all covered in mud.

This will be a must have for me as I have waited years for a great Jungle Predator.

All I wanna know is, where can I get a 1:4 scale dog tag for General Hopper to hang around the skinned bodies neck!?

Yeah... that’s DEF going to happen.

My booth tour from Wonderfest is up and has some good footage of this guy. He is AWESOME! The size of the tree is nuts though. It's like 40 inches tall. Also, the actual Predator looked BIG. At first I thought it was 1/3 scale, but the more I looked at it I realised it wasn't quite big enough for 1/3. When I asked John Pham he said it's 1/4 scale. But it's much bigger than the Sideshow Maquette and I'm sure it was bigger than the Infinity Studios Predators that I saw in Shanghai. I wish I'd gotten the measurements of it. I'm now wondering how it would match up with their P2 which is listed as "non scale". It's hard to tell from a video, but let me know what you guys think.

I wonder how much the entire piece and shipping will be when all said and done.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With the hanging body and additional portraits? I think the tree with body are a separate piece. If you look in the video they have different tags near each one. And judging by the pennywise piece it probably will be more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That makes me slightly concerned. I hope it matches up with their P2. I wanted to display them together. I probably still will but I'd prefer them to be in scale.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A proper 1/4 scale Predator would be around two feet tall, based on Kevin Peter Hall's 7'3" height without the suit. This is the same height as a human character in 1/3. That might be why it gives off the vibe of a larger scale, but not quite.

The height measurement for the City Hunter wall mount (equipping the disc instead of the spear, which should make the head the highest point) is roughly 31". From a side view, the character seems to take up 55-60% of that height, putting it at 17-18" in a crouched pose. If he were to stand straight up, he'd be at least two feet tall as well. My assumption is both are 1/4 scale, but a confirmation would be good. Still, with one in a full crouch and the other stepping on a rock, you may be able to get away with displaying both even if they're not a perfect match.

Historically, most of our Predator and Alien collectibles haven't been properly scaled, so we are used to seeing undersized versions of these characters. If Prime 1 is going for true 1/4, this will appear to be massive. I can't even imagine how tall their Aliens will be. A 1/3 scale Xeno would be just a few inches shorter than a 1/2 human.

Back