Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Pose is definitely inspired by the Dark Horse cover, which I love. They went a bit overboard with the hunch, but from the angles I'm interested in, it looks solid.

91353.jpg

Turns out the hunch is pretty extreme in the cover. Eh, works for me.

Two things I want to see: what it looks like with the open-mouthed head (which is gorgeous) and what the switch-out accessories will be, if any.

Looking at my SWS maquette in front of me, the Bio looks too wide, as well as the mandibles on the closed mouth. I doubt they will fix the Bio, but the closed mouth is fairly obvious looking. While, I wouldn't replace this with my current one, it's definitely the 2nd best option that will be on the market imo.

I think the Hopper base is a must have personally. I imagine it would be harder for them to sell the extra base separately, so it seems likely it will be included with the deluxe version. I hope it's less than 2k altogether.

To me, the base on this has been cobbled-together and looks like one of those garish setups you'd see in a tacky aquarium.

I'll pass and wait on the Infinity Studios version.

I'd much rather pay more (if needed) for something I really like and want.

I'm WAY past settling for "not quite there".

Base/ bases are too busy. The Predator should be the main focus.

The closed mouth portrait is off. The mandibles should be fully closed over the mouth. Suffers from the same problem the on-screen suits had in the recent movies.

Base/ bases are too busy. The Predator should be the main focus.

The closed mouth portrait is off. The mandibles should be fully closed over the mouth. Suffers from the same problem the on-screen suits had in the recent movies.

Yeah.

The open-mandible head and the masked one seem pretty good.

Don't like the closed-mandible one (chubby cheeks) and have less than zero interest in the "guardian/original".

The pose was a good one to copy/adapt - but they've got the heft/balance wrong.

Too many ideas thrown into the pot, giving a comicy/tacky result. It brings to mind those OTT figures/dios McFarlane used to release - fine for $30 action figures - but not for $2k statues.

It's all about personal taste though - this WILL be liked by lots of people - and that (as always) is the important thing - if you like/love it - get it - don't be swayed by what others think. Your money, your choice.

I'll stick with the ones I already own, and keep my fingers crossed about whatever Infinity Studios have planned.

I'm a little disappointed that they went with another hunched over crouched pose. Predators are big and imposing and crouching does sometimes reduce that aspect. That said, this looks really good. I'm sooo happy that they have made a switch out option for the original "Gort" mask also, I tried to get Sideshow to make that the EX on their latest 1/4 P1 but was outvoted in favour of yet another skull. This will add a really nice display option that we haven't had on a high end statue before.

No need for the second base for me, it's way too big. I'd rather the DX version included the switch out heads which are more useful. If they can make the base a little better before production, that's be cool. Maybe improve the plants or even add some of their cool water effects which always look good. But I will likely pick this one and their P2 up once they get their act together with worldwide shipping options, or put them up on Sideshow.

Absolutely love the reflective lenses. Literally only the original Maquette has that detail. It's a must in my opinion in terms of having an accurate P1 bio

The lenses on this are just painted gloss black. The original SWS maquette actually has proper reflective lenses in the correct dark silver color built in & & with a mesh patter beneath just like the movie. It's a detail that sets it apart from lesser copies to this day. I was kind of hoping that Prime 1 would go to the same levels and get the mask spot on. I do wish they would remove the sculpted texture and damage on this, it throws it off a little. I do like the statue over all however despite many nitpicks I have.

Video below confirms there is a water puddle. Shrinking the rock so we see more space between it and the back leg would be good.

The base is a bit overwhelming in close-up photos, but the statue (at least without the Hopper piece) reads nicely from a distance here. Should look cleaner in an environment where there's less going on.

Interesting that it's titled "Big Game #2," a direct reference to the comic the pose was based on. Maybe marketing it as such allows them to advertise the scale this time? Could be why the scale of the City Hunter (with movie branding) is still not listed, even though it looks to be 1/4 as well.

Last edited:

Yeah, was looking forward to this. Pose doesn't do much for me and the lower mandibles are angled too low. I think if they fix the angle, it would mediate the chubbiness enough.

Still no definitive P1... :impatient:

The pose is definitely a weird choice for the P1. But that's what Prime 1 tend to do for all of their pro's. If they could make it less hunched over, and improve a few nitpicks this thing would go from great to epic.

I’m going to guarantee you all those extra heads will come with the second base. There’s no way they’re going to let that second base warm shelves. They need to make it desirable for those who purchase the actual piece. The only real way to do that would be to include those additional heads with it.

On a side note, I don’t like how the blades coming out of the wrist gauntlet are spread wide apart at the ends. They should be running parallel to each other.

P1 should include the option to be able to remove the shoulder cannon when it's displayed unmasked....:)

Nice! I won't be dropping over £2k on it though.

The extra piece is a good idea in theory but doesn't work, imo, and certainly isn't worth the extra £$¥ it will add.
Makes it look like the corpse has been hung at ground level with zero gore underneath, none that I can see anyway.

Look forward to pictures on release...

Edit: Thinking now was he at ground level? Needs gore though.

I actually love this and think it looks best unmasked which would really compliment the P2 statue. I'll be tempted to pre order for sure. What I am dissapointed with is the way the bases on both the statue and add on don't connect more seamlessly. As someone mentioned above if separated like this with the rounded bases they tend to look like fish tank accessories, especially with the fake plants being involved.

With that said I'm really interested in the Predator alone but I want that unmasked head and if that possibly means buying the whole extra base I'll likely pass. Really impressed though overall. Certainly much better than we've seen of anything else since the cinemaquette and SWS P1 maquette imo.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I wonder if the bases do connect more seamless but Prime 1 has them a bit separated to show them as two separate pieces. Indeed they both do look round but it looks like the roots somewhat look similar in the area that they are close. Hmmm... I guess we will have to wait and see.

Is the head poseable?? I see some pics with the head turned left and others looking straight ahead.

Well I personally think it looks great... Much better then the last SS effort. But I liked that also but in person the pose got boring really quickly. I personally like this pose. Granted it’s not a film accurate pose but when I look at it I feel like it’s a shot from the film.... I can’t imagine the price... if you can get it without the skinned man then it might be more reasonable and when on display the predator would then be the focus for sure... I agree about the aquarium plants... worst part IMO

Did the P2 statue receive an ES? I worry with this hobby over the last few years. I've seen prices on statues halve not long after release. The golden days are gone lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now I'm confused. Is this not the movie P1?! Why refer to it as the Big Game JH? Makes sense for the pose now, but no spear. Wondering if they are able to do this under the comic license. Kinda makes sense with their wall mount non-scale P2.

FB_IMG_1564326211817.jpg

Looks amazing. Base is a little too elaborate for my taste but I would buy the part with the body in the tree on its own.

Back