Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched The Predator last night for the first time since I saw it in the cinema.

It's still bad.

It's a shame as it starts off OK, the intro, pod crashing and some of the Loonies stuff. Once it starts with the DNA and planet invasion ideas and the Upgrade turns up it goes completely off the rails.

It's like watching 3 different movies. The Fugitive, the night reshoots and then the awful Marvel Predator killer crap at the end.

This! This is literally mu opinion of the movie. I actually loved it up until the Upgrade showed up. Fugitive was awesome and was really under utilised. A full movie with just one predator hunting the loonies would've been great.

I watched The Predator last night for the first time since I saw it in the cinema.

It's still bad.

It's a shame as it starts off OK, the intro, pod crashing and some of the Loonies stuff. Once it starts with the DNA and planet invasion ideas and the Upgrade turns up it goes completely off the rails.

It's like watching 3 different movies. The Fugitive, the night reshoots and then the awful Marvel Predator killer crap at the end.

This! This is literally mu opinion of the movie. I actually loved it up until the Upgrade showed up. Fugitive was awesome and was really under utilised. A full movie with just one predator hunting the loonies would've been great.

Yarp.

The first hour is mostly OK, but starts to go well-wonky once the Assassin walks away from it's battle with the Fugitive.

If you read the original version (or a synopsis) of the script, it appears the 2nd half would have been better if the studio hadn't broke their knicker elastic. It still would have been bad (common dumb ideas in both versions), but at least it would have flowed properly instead of the fragmented & rushed delivery we got.

Still like the Assassin's design though :)

The Assassin kills the Fugitive in mere seconds. But when the Assassin takes on the leading man (that dude from Narcos)...he just keeps tossing him around instead of instantly killing him like he did with the Fugitive...so lame...

That's a really cool little art piece, I'd probably be in for one if he prints them. I'd be curious to see an option for red instead of the green also.

Got a response from Prime 1 regarding the netting, although it's not much:

We sincerely apologize for the delay in replying to your message. Unfortunately, we are not able to reveal our coming product`s detail now. Please check on our website and social media for the newest update.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

I think PRIME1 confirmed that ALL orders for the DX will get the spear - even if you don't order direct from PRIME1.

It's somewhere back in this thread.

Best if someone else confirms though as my memory isn't what it used to be.

Can anyone else confirm it?

I don't remember seeing anything on here, or elsewhere.

There were a lot of people who (understandably) complained because the spear was announced AFTER they had ordered the DX from a supplier (rather than from PRIME1). So . . . I thought I'd read (from PRIME1 and posted here) that PRIME1 would supply it for ALL DX orders regardless.

It would be easy to confirm one-way-or-the-other if the effin' SEARCH function still worked on the forum - but - yaknows :wink1:

Took me a while - but I found the post I remembered.

The spear WAS for people ordering through sellers OTHER than PRIME1, but unfortunately, only for a week after the announcement.

image.png

Here's the original post (from Oct 28th last year):

Thanks for the info. Last question, any idea what date is the cut off?:)

Thanks for the info. Last question, any idea what date is the cut off?:)

Based on the date of the original post, it would have been about 4th Nov 2019.

If a retailer ordered BEFORE that cut-off (and still has ones available to sell from their order) then you'd be OK (after confirming with them).

Otherwise, you would have to order direct from PRIME 1.

Back