Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read good things on the other board but I get what you are saying.. I just Pre ordered from them.. 600.00 down.. BUT

Even two of the stories here are good IMO.. One of them gets fully refunded for a damaged statue. The other they replaced it but the buyer had to pay customs. The damage was not the Sellers fault so I am not sure who should pay for customs there as it was not the buyers fault either.

Nobody should have, that was my complaint. The replacement didn't cost a penny, but was declared to customs at full value leaving me with a hefty price to pay. I got the sense they didn't really want to know when I reached out to them. I've had several replacements from Sideshow over the years and not experienced this. I'm not saying they are a bad company at all, just that this experience was enough to make me think twice about ordering from them again if there are other options.

Someone posted a comparison pic of the P1 Jungle Hunter next to the P1 Big Chap over at statue forum, looks pretty cool......:)

Yeah, this one....

They are a different scale and so won't be ideal if you want the perfect pair, but clearly the Predator is over sized as they aren't as vastly different as the two scales should be.

I believe Predator is a sightly overscaled 1/4 piece. Here's a scaled comparison I did in photoshop. I think they look perfect next to each other.

Re6iirS.jpg

I'm not sure about pairing these two at all. The Chap is 35 inches and the Predator is 28. 7 inches is actually quite a lot. The only way to really know it side by side, but 7 inches is so much bigger.

Really looking forward to CP unveiling their Alien Warrior proper as we need dimensions on that. Would love to pair it with this Jungle Hunter if the quality and price check out.

I'm not sure about pairing these two at all. The Chap is 35 inches and the Predator is 28. 7 inches is actually quite a lot. The only way to really know it side by side, but 7 inches is so much bigger.

I remember a user on Statue Forum preferred their Predators to be of similar size to the Aliens in their display, if not bigger. For some reason, I've always had it in my head canon that the Big Chap should be taller by at least a foot and just extended that policy to every other Alien design. Just to keep options open.

Not sure if that size comparison is 100% accurate, but it would be an acceptable difference to me if it were. Heck, the Chap could even be a bit bigger and I wouldn't bat an eye.

EDIT: Hot Toys Aliens used to run 16" tall and their Predators 14". Undersized for 1/6, sure, but they looked believable enough next to each other.

Last edited:
Balaji was about 6'10 and Kevin Peter hall was 7'2. The added height from the heels on balaji and the top of the dome made him probably 7'4 at most. The predator with the added height was probably 7'3 or 7'4 so technically they need to almost be the exact same height.

In Alien 3, Ripley tells Andrews that the Aliens are 8' tall even though Tom Woodruff Jr. is nowhere near the height of Badejo or Hall. On top of that, Ripley's height assessment is based on the creatures from the last two films. She hasn't seen the Dog Alien at this point, which is supposedly taller than the previous incarnations of the character. If we go by film height, there's a lot of wiggle room.

I go by the height of the character from Alien. Ripley didn't have a measuring tape to get their height lol. When they say "about 8 foot tall" They are not too concerned with a 1/2 ft difference.
The Alien in Alien 3 had a man in a suit and rod puppet. Woodruffs feet were not included because of the alien design, it had the extended leg which was new and only on that Alien design up to that point. But the standing height of the Big Chap from Alien is 7ft to 7'4 maximum.

Totally fair, I'm just pointing out that there are discrepancies from film to film, suit to puppet, etc. and people tend to cherrypick which aspects are more important to them. For years collectible manufacturers have done the same, sometimes favoring one version of the creature over another, but more often making a blend of the two. We've seen this with the Alien Warrior most of all.

At that point, doesn't the accuracy conversation become a bit moot? Because on any of these pieces, we can point out details that are story-accurate, puppet-accurate, or suit-accurate, and the only criticism anyone would have against a particular piece is that the company didn't blend those details in the proportion they prefer.

I mean who knows, there's probably someone out there who's really bummed we haven't seen a high-end Alien Warrior statue with two extra ribs. Or a Dog Alien with more muscle mass. But it's hard to knock Prime 1, CP, or even Sideshow in their better days for that.

True , with Aliens and Alien 3 there were the puppet and stunt suits. And companies combine theme to give a all around look. But the Chap has one main look and that is balaji in the suit. The rambaldi head and balaji that's it. The Big Chap is the most straight forward of the Aliens when it comes to accuracy. Aliens and 3 both have 2 distinctly different looks. But they aren't all the same Aliens. And when it comes to the predator from the 87 it only has one look and it is almost the exact height of the big chap.
I honestly like accuracy, I think it is the foundation pf what makes this level or collecting important. Like the Xm warrior, as cool as it is and high quality. It's a fan concept Alien and I wouldn't really ever own it and if I had it given to me I'd sell it.
I just prefer screen accuracy. Or companies would take all kinds of liberties and we would be getting some pretty bad statues lol.

The majority of people still believe that the Warriors were smaller than the big chap, so it's no surprise that we get disparages in size I guess. I would have rather Prime 1's Aliens & Predators had all been the same scale however for sure.

Balaji was about 6'10 and Kevin Peter hall was 7'2. The added height from the heels on balaji and the top of the dome made him probably 7'4 at most. The predator with the added height was probably 7'3 or 7'4 so technically they need to almost be the exact same height.

The actors in the suits does not necessarily coincide with the creature?s on screen dimensions.

In Alien 3, Ripley tells Andrews that the Aliens are 8' tall even though Tom Woodruff Jr. is nowhere near the height of Badejo or Hall. On top of that, Ripley's height assessment is based on the creatures from the last two films. She hasn't seen the Dog Alien at this point, which is supposedly taller than the previous incarnations of the character. If we go by film height, there's a lot of wiggle room.

You hit the nail on the head. Actual actor height and movie height are two totally different things.

The majority of people still believe that the Warriors were smaller than the big chap, so it's no surprise that we get disparages in size I guess. I would have rather Prime 1's Aliens & Predators had all been the same scale however for sure.

The P1 Jungle Hunter the P1 Warrior are just about the same height, so they should par nicely.

They are not there is a 7 inch difference. And they should be the same if they were to match.
I find it funny how people got upset that p1 warrior wasn't officially called 1/3 because of licensing. But when it comes to this they pretend it isnt true. Even if they are absolutely no where near scale lol

Some of those inches are the wall behind the Big Chap..

If they look this close in person as they do in that comparison pic I would not think they will look bad with each other.

Not really a concern for me. I am having the Predator on a top of a Besta and the Alien below him.

Nobody should have, that was my complaint. The replacement didn't cost a penny, but was declared to customs at full value leaving me with a hefty price to pay. I got the sense they didn't really want to know when I reached out to them. I've had several replacements from Sideshow over the years and not experienced this. I'm not saying they are a bad company at all, just that this experience was enough to make me think twice about ordering from them again if there are other options.

So what usually happens with SSC?? Do they not put a value on it? I don't deal with customs.. Just curious.

But the Chap has one main look and that is balaji in the suit. The rambaldi head and balaji that's it.

You're not getting that with Prime 1's statue, though. You're getting the Giger head. Even the open-mouth head from the deluxe edition doesn't look like Rambaldi's design, but rather Giger's with the mouth forced open.

I honestly like accuracy, I think it is the foundation pf what makes this level or collecting important. Like the Xm warrior, as cool as it is and high quality. It's a fan concept Alien and I wouldn't really ever own it and if I had it given to me I'd sell it.
I just prefer screen accuracy.

We all deeply value accuracy, most people on here have criticized Sideshow's lack of effort for years. Whenever a stylized piece comes out, few ever give it the time of day. I just don't understand excusing Prime 1 for combining elements of the rod puppet and suit on the Warrior and giving you a Giger head on the Big Chap, then going on to criticize other companies for doing a similar thing with their products.

None of the details on these (whether they be heads, arm fins, tubes, ribs, body mass, height) are conceptual. They were all lifted from something that was either made for the film or described in the film and then thrown in a blender together. If a certain combination of details works better for you, that's great. But 100% screen or prop accuracy isn't a consistent metric here, all of these pieces left the station without it, they just compromise in different ways.

We are talking about the chap and predator height. And they don't have variations in those films. They both have set heights. The other aliens yes they do when it comes to details. However, if they have details that neither the puppet or the suit have I will absolutely call it out. Like the cp warrior back tubes. Neither the puppet or the suit have them that low on the back. But that's not the chap and predator.
As for the wall behind the alien it is very little difference. Maybe a half inch?

You're not getting that with Prime 1's statue, though. You're getting the Giger head. Even the open-mouth head from the deluxe edition doesn't look like Rambaldi's design, but rather Giger's with the mouth forced open.

We all deeply value accuracy, most people on here have criticized Sideshow's lack of effort for years. Whenever a stylized piece comes out, few ever give it the time of day. I just don't understand excusing Prime 1 for combining elements of the rod puppet and suit on the Warrior and giving you a Giger head on the Big Chap, then going on to criticize other companies for doing a similar thing with their products.

None of the details on these (whether they be heads, arm fins, tubes, ribs, body mass, height) are conceptual. They were all lifted from something that was either made for the film or described in the film and then thrown in a blender together. If a certain combination of details works better for you, that's great. But 100% screen or prop accuracy isn't a consistent metric here, all of these pieces left the station without it, they just compromise in different ways.

Very interesting.. Somehow I was not aware of this.. What is the difference between the Rambaldi's design and Giger's

Back