PREVIEW : BUFFY PREMIUM FORMAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PF hair has to be sculpted, if you want it to have any sort of a hairdo. And they had a specific hairdo in mind, so there was very little else they could've done there.

And people's pupils do dilate, you know... :)

Seretur, thank you for your help! :)

I've done regular pre-orders from the Sideshow site before, so basically all I have to do this time is make sure I'm around when PF Buffy is added to the site. I'll be keeping a close eye on the Toyfare Page on Monday! (Bad news is, I'll be at work when this comes up for pre-order :banghead. Good news is, my boss is out of town on Monday :banana.)

BDboystoys, thank you for your help! This Buffy figure may not be a priority pre-order, but now that you've explained how it works, I should be okay for any future items that come up. (P.S. I'm afraid I've never posted on a site called Eternal Collector before, just BTVSFIGS. I don't get around much. ;) )

Thanks again,

Karen

i did some research n y does it seems the flexipay system only works for the normal and NOT exclusive versions??
is it true tat premium figs usually come out 9 mths later (earliest)?
n payment including shippin is only charged WHEN the item ships?

is it CONFIRMED that buffy comes out on monday 10am? and someone do me a simple FAVOUR plsplspls....tell me wat time n day it is EXACTLY as on sideshow site NOW so i can estimate the time to wake up...

my clock says 2028, sun night...

anyways..how much would be the estimated shipping charges for a premium fig like this to SINGAPORE?

Last edited:
I would have prefered an episode specific outfit but I'll still be buying this for sure :banana

(I managed to complain without mentioning the big rack, woohoo!)

Darklord Dave said:
I was hoping for some sort of wig system for a more real hair look, but I must say I'm pleased by the sculpt. And as Frankenfan said it looks like it's based on S.1 which had a bit more zaftig Buff, hence the cleavage.
Zaftig... I learned a new word today. Thank you, Dave!

I've been hearing more and more good things not only about Buffy, but of all of Whedon's work on the small screen as well as Serenity. I've been toying with the idea of buying the complete series of Firefly on DVD but have become very tempted to buy the complete series of Buffy on DVD as well!

This Buffy PF Figure looks tempting as well... :naughty That's saying a lot especially seeing as I don't own ANYTHING related to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

As New York is about five or six hours before Europe, I'd say preorders should be up sometime in the evening, our time. As for Singapore, uh, I've been there seven months ago, but the difference was -- what, seven hours ahead? From Europe. I suppose you'd better check online what the New York/Singapore difference is, but I'd suppose it to be early morning your time.

The exclusive might include the FlexPay option too, it's been done before. But remember: you're charged at the time of shipping, and you can cancel your order beforehand at no additional cost if it's not FlexPay. There's a small cancellation fee if you use FlexPay.

There's a nice FAQ on Sideshow's site that's very useful, so it can't hurt to peruse that a bit as you wait.

:)

Seretur said:
PF hair has to be sculpted, if you want it to have any sort of a hairdo. And they had a specific hairdo in mind, so there was very little else they could've done there.

And people's pupils do dilate, you know... :)

Well, there's the whole wigging option - as used by the likes of Franklin Mint, Volks and others. With the money saved on costume/accessory design couldn't SSC have ponied up to pay for some styled wigs ;) I can see the sculpting argument though but for a mixed-media statue my preference would've been to go for a Buffy look which could've been recreated with a quarter scale wig.

As for the eyes - sorry; I meant the whole pupil *and* iris section is too small (compare the PF's to SMG photos); they're just oridinary eyes, not SMG's... and for me lack the wow factor I need from a PF piece.

Nick

I just saw this pic. As someone kindly pointed out on another board, this happens to be an inverse image of the pic on one of the Buffy Trading Cards.
I haven't seen anyone mention it before, I was wondering if no-one noticed or just don't care that she is normally right-handed, not left-handed.
I won't deny she uses the stake left-handed occasionally in the series, but when she's posing, not in full action, she always carries it right-handed.
When this was any other statue, it seems to me critics would be all-over that one, but since it's SMG...

Not that I want to be bitchin' about this, I really don't mind, just asking for opinions here.
My only 'negative' from this statue would be the hair, but that's my personal preference, I don't like the static wave of hair in her neck that much, but don't see how SS could have done it otherwise either. They did a great job on this statue, it has incredible likeness!

buffyreflections469.jpg

IMG_0219.JPG

here's wat i observed, the fig must be of high quality material..hard material...i doubt the hair is made of rubber so prob, PROBABLY, the exclusive comes with a prochecy buffy dress so u NEED the hair to be sculpted upwards at the bottom cos u need to undress her....haha

Perhaps that pic itself is reversed. Anyway, ask Sideshow and someone will answer it!

The PF Buffy is going to be up for preorder in the afternoon, Pacific Time, this Monday. I just asked their webmaster, so you can plan accordingly.

:)

Oluf (yes?) did an outstanding job on the sculpt, right down to SMG's man-hands and knobby knees, but I wish Hair Master General Andy Bergholtz had done the do. The flip is too exaggerated and needs more volume and definition. It starts out nicely along the hair line and the crown, but it's too compressed, almost rind-like at the ends.

As happy as I am to see a Season 1 Buffy — I really expected a circa Season 3 interpretation — I'm disappointed that the design is based completely on those early WB publicity photos. A major selling point of the PFs is the additional realism real cloth and other media bring to the piece, so why the simple black dress? Buffy had a charming, idiosyncratic sartorial style, typical of a 16-year old girl experimenting with fashion that was an essential part of the juxtaposition of helpless school girl and heroic slayer. That's not reflected here, and it's a huge missed opportunity. Where are her ear piercings and the big, colorful, funky finger rings; Not even her signature cross necklace?!?

Sheesh. Maybe they're saving it all for the exclusive?

And I agree, the stake should be in her dominant hand, her right. :stake

So. It goes on sale on Monday, right? :)

jdg.jpg

prophecygirl said:
Am I right in thinking that if this is up for order in the US at 10am, that it'll be about 3pm here in the UK?
A specific time for the preorder has not yet been announced, but yes, you are 5 hours ahead of US PST.

swt.gif

A specific time for the preorder has not yet been announced, but yes, you are 5 hours ahead of US PST.

Actually, England is 5 hours ahead of US EST...meaning 8 hours ahead of PST.

Back