PREVIEW : BUFFY PREMIUM FORMAT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prophecygirl said:
Am I right in thinking that if this is up for order in the US at 10am, that it'll be about 3pm here in the UK?

10am PST (California time) is he equivalent of 6 pm London time. I find it hard to believe that SST would change their standard ordering time because the show is going on. Changing time to 10 EST would make ordering time 7 am in California, and though staff is in NYC, Sideshow's business is located, and doing their work in California.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...2&day=13&year=2006&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

Thanks for the reality check. I was doing the math based on my time zone.

Duh.

abnrmlbrn.jpg

Remember, Wolverine goes on sale at 10 AM PST tomorrow. I would be surprised it Buffy went up at exactly the same time. I would give them at least a half hour or so in between. But they just may surprise us!

According to Chris, there is not going to be an Priority Preorder, since PPs have to be announced a week in advance.

I don't collect Buffy, but, this piece does look great. Nice job on this one too SS.

prophecygirl said:
Am I right in thinking that if this is up for order in the US at 10am, that it'll be about 3pm here in the UK?

Just a hint, don't expect any pre-orders to go up until after the Wolverine Priority Pre-Order is over with (that goes from 10am-Noon PST on Monday the 13th) :duff

FrankenFan said:
Oluf (yes?) did an outstanding job on the sculpt, right down to SMG's man-hands and knobby knees, but I wish Hair Master General Andy Bergholtz had done the do. The flip is too exaggerated and needs more volume and definition. It starts out nicely along the hair line and the crown, but it's too compressed, almost rind-like at the ends.

As happy as I am to see a Season 1 Buffy — I really expected a circa Season 3 interpretation — I'm disappointed that the design is based completely on those early WB publicity photos. A major selling point of the PFs is the additional realism real cloth and other media bring to the piece, so why the simple black dress? Buffy had a charming, idiosyncratic sartorial style, typical of a 16-year old girl experimenting with fashion that was an essential part of the juxtaposition of helpless school girl and heroic slayer. That's not reflected here, and it's a huge missed opportunity. Where are her ear piercings and the big, colorful, funky finger rings; Not even her signature cross necklace?!?

Sheesh. Maybe they're saving it all for the exclusive?

And I agree, the stake should be in her dominant hand, her right. :stake

So. It goes on sale on Monday, right? :)

jdg.jpg

Well said, I couldn't agree with you more. I'll be on the fence this weekend, guess I'll have to decide soon...

SideshowDusty said:
Just a hint, don't expect any pre-orders to go up until after the Wolverine Priority Pre-Order is over with (that goes from 10am-Noon PST on Monday the 13th) :duff

Thanks Dusty. :cool: I'm hoping I can get the timing right and not miss this one!

I'm glad they went with an S.1 Buffy and personally wouldn't mind seeing 7 different PFs of her, one from each season. I can see what people are saying about the hair and I even made the argument that the LotR characters would have to have real hair because of it falling to their shoulders. But I don't mind how it was done.

As for no jewelry - it's not in the reference photo, so I can see why they didn't include it. The cross would have been nice though - having a bunch of different layers is one of the big appeals of the PF line so the LBD is a bit disappointing.

Darklord Dave said:
As for no jewelry - it's not in the reference photo, so I can see why they didn't include it. The cross would have been nice though - having a bunch of different layers is one of the big appeals of the PF line so the LBD is a bit disappointing.
Yeah, I just think the source material is an inadequate inspiration for a PF. With just the LDB, this might as well have been a complete statchoo.

I'm going to be really bummed if there is a one-piece limit. :)

dpb.jpg

Thought it was a little different in this thread to be taking issue with the outfitting of a PF. Usually it's the likeness that gets all the (negative) attention.

gdb said:
Do they have Day Light Savings time in England?

Just wondering...

I'm not sure, but this link, which has been posted in the Newsletter and on the site at various times as well, will give you the exact time that it is in California - no matter where you are in the world:

https://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-CA.aspx

Google is an awesome resource :duff

Maybe it's just me but Buffy Pf facially looks more like a season 4 or 5
Buffy. Her face is leaner and more thoughtful, even sad.
The Buffy from season one has a fuller face and she is less sad perhaps
a little untamed and naughty.
I maybe off base but that is my take.
She is stunning though and I would buy her if
I bought PF's.

Wow!!

This looks great!! :clap

I can't wait to get my order in.

I agree that a season 3 or 4 Buffy would of been a much better choice but I'm still very happy. :banana

The outfit is kind of plain but hopefully there will be a few surprises once the preorder goes up tomorrow.

Now where's my 1/4 Spike?!? :p

Bonehead15 said:
Wow!!

This looks great!! :clap

I can't wait to get my order in.

I agree that a season 3 or 4 Buffy would of been a much better choice but I'm still very happy. :banana

The outfit is kind of plain but hopefully there will be a few surprises once the preorder goes up tomorrow.

Now where's my 1/4 Spike?!? :p

I agree, but Im stil glad were even getting a PF buffy line. But if we get spike. Sideshow PLEEEEESE make it from season 2 of Buffy!

Man, I dont log on all weekend (Friends in town) and I miss ALL the TF fun!

So, BUFFY!!!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

I can't wait to order this tomorrow!

SideshowDusty said:

Wait so, I was gonna get up at 5am here in Aus, as thats 10am PST. So should I not do this? Im confused...

Should I get up later? 6am? I really cant miss out!

Back