Presidential Debate Tonight - Obama vs. McCain.... DING, DING, DING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the American public did not put a stop to the impeachment hearings. The decision to remove the impeached Bill Clinton was voted on in the US Senate. A 2/3 majority [or 67 Senators] was required to have Clinton removed from office. Since the Republicans only had 55 possible votes they required the help of the Democrats to remove Clinton, therefore they did not control the Senate in this instance. Of the 45 Democrat Senators not one had the moral integrity [there's a real shocker for you! :lol] to vote for Clinton's removal.

Feel free to take you own advice next time and "look it up" :rolleyes:

I remember it well and the american public did put a stop to it by putting pressure on the senate to stop all the foolishness. Most history scholars state this to be the reason. My point is that the repulicans still had the majority of the house - how am i wrong?

You just did again. Beating someone up for something you don't like is taking their right to express that feeling. Do you really not get that?:confused:

I'm sure they didn't and I highly doubt Obama thought it was funny either. Hence why Obama drop kicked him to the curb.

Obama dropped his buddy only after Wright was exposed, and Obama realized how badly it could damage his chance of being elected. Sorry but they were friends for over twenty years, and anyone who has a friend for that long knows exactly what they believe in.

Obama dropped his buddy only after Wright was exposed, and Obama realized how badly it could damage his chance of being elected. Sorry but they were friends for over twenty years, and anyone who has a friend for that long knows exactly what they believe in.

While true I have friends who say things or believe things I don't agree with at all. Doesn't mean I believe those too.

While true I have friends who say things or believe things I don't agree with at all. Doesn't mean I believe those too.

True there are a lot of people on this board that call each other friends that have very differnet views on things - as evidenced by this thread.

You just did again. Beating someone up for something you don't like is taking their right to express that feeling. Do you really not get that?:confused:

I'm sure they didn't and I highly doubt Obama thought it was funny either. Hence why Obama drop kicked him to the curb.
MESA may very well go to jail for beating someone up for burning a flag. but the act was still done thus not stopped.

It's kind of like the whole Dixie Chicks/ Pres. Bush thing. They had every right to trash our sitting president. The public reacted by not buying their CD's. They have still not bounced back from that in the country world and had to go into VH-1 kind of music.

Not to go off topic but what do you guys think of Fred Phelps. He's the "preacher" who goes to KIA soldiers funerals with his family and shout things like "thank God for IED's". He of course has a right to do this, but one of these times he's going to go to the wrong one, where a parents bereavment is to much and they are going to kill him. Call me ignorant, but I could hardly blame them.

This is now the official avatar for this thread:

pot_kettle_black.jpg

I remember it well and the american public did put a stop to it by putting pressure on the senate to stop all the foolishness. Most history scholars state this to be the reason. My point is that the repulicans still had the majority of the house - how am i wrong?

I think I've explained it pretty well. Having a simple majority is not enough to remove a president from office. That requires a 2/3 majority, which the Republicans did not have. While it is true the Republicans did have control of the Senate, they did not have control of it for the impeachment trial.

Uhhh, Clinton was impeached?..

He was one of our great Presidents IMO and I really am not a Demo or Repub..

Upon the passage of H. Res. 611, Clinton was impeached on December 19, 1998, by the House of Representatives on grounds of perjury to a grand jury (by a 228-206 vote) and obstruction of justice (by a 221-212 vote). Two other articles of impeachment failed — a second count of perjury in the Jones case (by a 205-229 vote) and one accusing Clinton of abuse of power (by a 148-285 vote).

I think I've explained it pretty well. Having a simple majority is not enough to remove a president from office. That requires a 2/3 majority, which the Republicans did not have. While it is true the Republicans did have control of the Senate, they did not have control of it for the impeachment trial.

So hows that Watcher in the Water treating you.

When i brought up the republicans had control of congress and senate i was writing in response to Clinton saying the democrates blocked legislation when it's the republicans who had the mojority so any bill they liked could have easily gone through (and history shows that their favorites bills did go throught to the detrement of the country.) This impeacement argument was tacked on.

I think what we are experiencing is the result of 8 years of an unpopular extemely expensive war that has no point.

You mean if we didn't have the war, we could kept the truths about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac making bad loans per democratic policy hidden a while longer?

True there are a lot of people on this board that call each other friends that have very differnet views on things - as evidenced by this thread.

The difference is that Wright and Obama weren't just friends. Wright was his spiritual leader. Thats quite different than "friends".

You guys sticking up for Obama and his preacher rev. Wright need to look up Black Liberation Theory. That is what Wright taught. Obama is fully on record saying Wright was his spiritual advisor and mentor. Wright preached to Obama for 20 years even married him and his wife. We honestly don't know what was preached every week there. What we do know is that there are a couple videos floating around you-tube where Wright and another white preacher go off on whites. Add that to his Black Liberation Theology, and it becomes very suspect to me how he feels. I know that if I went to a church, and the preacher used the word "n@@@@r" 1 time, I would stop attending that church. I find it funny that when Don Imus used the words "nappy headed hos" that Obama wanted him fired, but he was completely ok with the teachings of his preacher and didn't discard him till the public outrage was so much it started hurting his campaign.

You mean if we didn't have the war, we could kept the truths about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac making bad loans per democratic policy hidden a while longer?

War had nothing to do w/ the banks stupid bus decisions, however the war put us in a position where our country is broke and handicapped to help ourselves get out of whatever mess we may be in..

She was pretty willing to answer her questions truthfully about her feelings, so I think she would have said she didn't believe in evolution if she believed that.

Actually we've already seen her lie point blank to Katie Couric re: Pakistan so I see no reason to believe she's not spinning out what people want to hear. It's what most politicians do anyway. She's never going to say she doesn't believe in evolution on a national stage because she'd immediately become a laughingstock. Well. More of a laughingstock.

Her Christian viewpoints and whether their extremeness will be somehow forced on them?

The evolution issue is important because it immediately tells you whether someone is off their rocker when it comes to science and medicine.

Is Biden being grilled like this?

Biden has been an open book to the media for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back