Presidential Debate Tonight - Obama vs. McCain.... DING, DING, DING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smell a lock coming on. Now where is Shai's Michael Jackson popcorn .gif?

edit: found it!

MJPopcorn.gif

That's funny Josh, because I had the same revelation last night too. When I said it was unpatriotic for a person running for president to not show repect to the flag, all sorts of excuses were given, including Freedom of Speech. And if someone wanted to burn, piss, or spit on the flag, that was within their rights, Freedom of Speech, which I agreed with, just advised not to do it in front of me, or as Bannister put it, my Fists of Fury would go flying. And all sorts of people defended their right to do said acts to the flag.

But then my simple little avatar which is nothing but a play on words/letters is offensive and you're butt hurt over it? I think you even said "That's too much." What a hypocrite. :lol:lol:lol

Freedom of speech works both ways, not just when it's something you agree with.

I didn't say it doesn't work both ways. I just said I thought it was offensive and makes you a hypocrite for wanting to take away someones right but its ok for you go the route you went. I think your avatar crosses a line of being absolutely disrespectful which is why I said its going too far, but I don't expect you to see or understand that. Unlike you though I won't threaten someone with violence for doing something I don't like.

In the Couric interview, I think Palin said that she thought evolution was part of God's plan. Therefore, I don't think she's a Bible literalist thats believes that. She was pretty willing to answer her questions truthfully about her feelings, so I think she would have said she didn't believe in evolution if she believed that.

Which reminds me, whats with those questions anyway? Is that really all the liberals want Palin to address? Her Christian viewpoints and whether their extremeness will be somehow forced on them? Are they that afraid? How in the world would anyone enforce this stuff, we can't even keep rapists and drug dealers jailed, I think forcing you to go to church or believe in creation is pretty low on GOP totem pole.

Is Biden being grilled like this?

Last edited:
In the Couric interview, I think Palin said that she thought evolution was part of God's plan. Therefore, I don't think she's a Bible literalist thats believes that. She was pretty willing to answer her questions truthfully about her feelings, so I think she would have said she didn't believe in evolution if she believed that.

Which reminds me, whats with those questions anyway? Is that really all the liberals want Palin to address? Her Christian viewpoints and whether their extremeness will be somehow forced on them? Are they that afraid? How in the world would anyone enforce this stuff, we can't even keep rapists and drug dealers jailed, I think forcing you to go to church or believe in creation is pretty low on GOP totem pole.

Who's Biden? :lol

I think your avatar crosses a line of being absolutely disrespectful which is why I said its going too far.

Meanwhile, DA's avatar of Palin's "HYPE" is okay and no mention of it being offensive? You don't see me crying about it. :monkey2

Sorry DA, disn't mean to drag you into this.

Meanwhile, DA's avatar of Palin's "HYPE" is okay and no mention of it being offensive? You don't see me crying about it. :monkey2

Saying that someone is hyped is VERY different than linking someone with one of the most horrible men to grace the planet. It would be different if my avatar was calling her the antichrist. :lol

No comparison at all....

you make some really good points here. I am trying to stay out of politics and don't talk much about it with my friends and co-workers (it's just too corrupt overall). but the points you made above are very interesting, regardless if you are religious or not.

Saying that someone is hyped is VERY different than linking someone with one of the most horrible men to grace the planet. It would be different if my avatar was calling her the antichrist. :lol

No comparison at all....

I'm not so ignorant that I can't see the difference. I realize mine is an extreme example. But since we're all about freedom of speech given as an excuse when I brought up disrepecting the flag, I decided to exercise it as well, and push some buttons... apparently mostly The Josh's.

I'll probably change it tonight prior to debate, I think it served it's short purpose.

There isn't anything wrong with his nor would there be if you had one that said the same for Obama. He says she's all hype which she is IMO. He's not saying she's Satan, a whore, slut, or comparing her to a terrorist who attacked America. Unlike what you have in yours.

I really hope you can see the difference between the two but I have my doubts.

I see what you were going for, and it's entirely your right to do... But I think you must not have been raised right... :lol

Just kidding. Honestly, the only person who could be genuinely offended by your avatar would be Obama himself... and thankfully he is not a member here.

Still, it is pretty crazy to link a decent guy who has not shown any sort of hate or terrorist tendencies with Public Enemy number 1, who will go down in history as one of the most hated antagonists in this country's existence.

I'm not so ignorant that I can't see the difference. I realize mine is an extreme example. But since we're all about freedom of speech given as an excuse when I brought up disrepecting the flag, I decided to exercise it as well, and push some buttons... apparently mostly The Josh's.

I'll probably change it tonight prior to debate, I think it served it's short purpose.
If your purpose was to show you are a hypocrite, mission accomplished.:lol:lol:lol To be clear, just so you know I am not attacking you, I feel we are all hypocrites and we all have our own biases.

No comparison at all....

Very different and despite what he says below I doubt he fully graps it.

I'm not so ignorant that I can't see the difference. I realize mine is an extreme example. But since we're all about freedom of speech given as an excuse when I brought up disrespecting the flag, I decided to exercise it as well, and push some buttons... apparently mostly The Josh's.

So in other words you're just a ^^^^ stirrer and looking to be a ******. Color me shocked :horror (NOT)

The reasons you pushed any buttons is because its disrespectful on several fronts. You compare Obama to one of the worst people on the planet who killed thousands of people. I don't find playing that kind of a joke funny and my guess is the families involved wouldn't either. Maybe how you where raised its ok to do such things but not how my folks taught me to act.

If your purpose was to show you are a hypocrite, mission accomplished.:lol:lol:lol To be clear, just so you know I am not attacking you, I feel we are all hypocrites and we all have our own biases.

John is right, hence his awesomeness. We all tend to go towards our own biases, nobody goes their lives without being a hypocrite once and a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back