Present Toys PT-76 - Matrix MORPHEUS "Sage Mentor"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know she’s been nude many times in movies?

Yes. I know.

tumblr_mhajp9oQir1rman8co1_400.gif

Men of culture, we meet again…

I’m waiting to see if GunDamit will offer the Fishbone set. Always worth seeing what their price is as I assume Kit will estimate a high-ish shipping rate due to the inclusion of the chair but GD somehow manage to ship larger packages incredibly cheap- and I’m all about cheap.

I'm digging the Fishbone sculpt and overall set with the chair but the outfit from PresentToys. Would like one of these companies to do a good Trinity as well.

Hmm funny how two companies releasing Morpheus's at the time. Not sure Which I like better, maybe the FB abit more because it comes with the sofa lol.

It's been a thing as of late.
Yeah I seen it with the Street Fighter Chun-Li's. Makes me wonder if these companies are secretly communicating with each other or they're giving away their failed attempts to someone else 😂

Oh damn. They’re doing a Persephone.

Would Fishbone use a seamless body?

The bodies were really cheap on Neo and Agent Smith - we're talking Redman level.

Based on their Neo and Agent Smith, I'm not confident Fishbone can nail Monica Bellucci's headsculpt.

The previous two are passable but way below Hot Toys level - also, there is more margin of error for male head sculpts but less so for female, especially an objectively attractive woman's face.

View attachment 676601

Kit posted this in his thread, no link to PO... yet.

Was the chair more of a red tone in the movie?

The Present Toys looks more brown - is FB or PT more movie accurate?

I already bought 2 previous Morpheus figures (forget which company but both were called "Spiritual Leader"). Regret buying those now, I just tossed the boxes last week - should of saved and sold to recoup partial funds.

The head sculpts on both FB and PT are not that good but I'm leaning towards picking up the Fishbone - Fishbone has crap bodies but has the movie accurate (?) red chair and more accessories. Present Toys is more reliable when it comes to quality and a better body.

Was the chair more of a red tone in the movie?

The Present Toys looks more brown - is FB or PT more movie accurate?

I already bought 2 previous Morpheus figures (forget which company but both were called "Spiritual Leader"). Regret buying those now, I just tossed the boxes last week - should of saved and sold to recoup partial funds.

The head sculpts on both FB and PT are not that good but I'm leaning towards picking up the Fishbone - Fishbone has crap bodies but has the movie accurate (?) red chair and more accessories. Present Toys is more reliable when it comes to quality and a better body.
The chair should be red

52d442856da811bf6ac79b4f

And Present Toys aren’t including one. They just used whatever they had on hand for the announcement pictures.

If Present Toys keeps up the quality from the recent figures like Jack, Leon, Nucky, and Doc Holiday 2.0, I’d say I’d go for the PT for overall figure and then if I really don’t like the headsculpt in hand, just grab the Fishbone head once parted out.

Wasn’t Max before those though? Just like Indy who also wasn’t great. Their latest figures seem to be a step up, including the just released two Bill the Butcher figures.

Max was this year. Whatever came out this year counts, since you can't really tell when one or the other was really made.

PT must have had other not-so-good releases this year... they're on there 78th figure already.

Max was this year. Whatever came out this year counts, since you can't really tell when one or the other was really made.
Does it though? Max was released early this year like late Feb early March judging by the thread. Clearly it had to then be manufactured before the other releases I mentioned that have just come out with in the last 2-3 months. The tailoring alone on recent releases, suggest something has changed for the better compared to that of the Max figure based on pics and reviews. I’ve got some parts from the Nucky figure and it’s quite the upgrade, quality wise, from their Indy (the only full PT figure I’ve owned), particular the cut and sew.

If I were to go down this particular rabbit hole, I’d go for the PT. Though, like you previously mentioned, probably best to just wait and see for in hand pics/videos. Or place an order somewhere with a lower deposit than OSK if there is. Gundammit tends to do really low deposits so I’d probably go with them if I decide I want one.

Does it though? Max was released early this year like late Feb early March judging by the thread. Clearly it had to then be manufactured before the other releases I mentioned that have just come out with in the last 2-3 months. The tailoring alone on recent releases, suggest something has changed for the better compared to that of the Max figure based on pics and reviews. I’ve got some parts from the Nucky figure and it’s quite the upgrade, quality wise, from their Indy (the only full PT figure I’ve owned), particular the cut and sew.

If I were to go down this particular rabbit hole, I’d go for the PT. Though, like you previously mentioned, probably best to just wait and see for in hand pics/videos. Or place an order somewhere with a lower deposit than OSK if there is. Gundammit tends to do really low deposits so I’d probably go with them if I decide I want one.

Nucky and Doc were #24 and #25 on PT's list, and Max #33, yet Nucky and Doc took longer... so more development time maybe? :dunno But then the Butcher is #48 and #49, yet you say he looks good in an even shorter window of time then Max. It's really strange how long some of these figures take. Gus Fring still out there -- #23 or #66, which is which?

So many figures PT hasn't even finished yet. Who the hell knows how any of them will come out? All I know is, from what I've seen, Present Toys is a wait-and-see company for me.

Nucky and Doc were #24 and #25 on PT's list, and Max #33, yet Nucky and Doc took longer... so more development time maybe? :dunno But then the Butcher is #48 and #49, yet you say he looks good in an even shorter window of time then Max. It's really strange how long some of these figures take. Gus Fring still out there -- #23 or #66, which is which?

So many figures PT hasn't even finished yet. Who the hell knows how any of them will come out? All I know is, from what I've seen, Present Toys is a wait-and-see company for me.
That’s fair. Not really trying to convince anyone. Just going based on what’s been released and what order regardless of when POs went up. Could also be different factories putting out different quality for each figure as well.

Like I said previously, I do agree with you that’s probably best to wait for in hand pics. Was only saying based on in hand pics of recent releases, they’re looking pretty good. Lots of time though most likely to see what the next few releases look like to see if the trend continues or goes back down to the likes of Max, Indy and others. Since I have their Edward Scissorhands on order, I’m hopeful the quality that’s been shown recently stays or continues to get better

Last edited:
Am I mad for preferring a Fishbone figure?! Never thought I’d see the day.
View attachment 676597
Their’s comes with the chair, which is the other display option I’ve been wanting for Morpheus- since I already have all the Toys Works figures. TW included two coats so I should be able to perfectly recreate the ‘pill scene’ now.

PT’s sculpt is quite poor, so I wouldn’t have much hope for their Neo or Trinity, but the Toys Works versions also aren’t great so I’m open to replacing those.

I follow this YouTube channel called ‘The Matrix Explained’ which delves very deep into the lore and fan theories which has only increased my enjoyment of the trilogy. (I’ll never acknowledge that fourth movie.)

And it’s about damn time The Twins got some 1/6 love! Their sculpts don’t need to be perfect for me so I’ll be getting them regardless.
FB have their work cut out for them in producing a Persephone that captures the looks of Monica Bellucci. I’ll keep my expectations low but that’ll be an interesting one.
Here’s the pic they’ve used for her teaser which presumably confirms it will be her Reloaded outfit and not the red dress from Revolutions.
View attachment 676599
Kind of need a Merovingian though, as they really are a set.

After those, I’d be most interested in a Seraph, Naiobi, and The Oracle- possibly with a bench.
The Architect would only be worth having if he came with a full diorama including wall of monitors- and I just don’t have space for that.
I have no idea what the quality of the FB figure will be, but may pick it up primarily for the chair. I hope Persephone and the Twins turn out well. I prefer Persephone’s red dress, but the off white is fine as well. The only other Matrix characters I’d be interested in after these would be Merovingian and Niobe.

Her red outfit would definitely pop more on the shelf, as well as potentially (ahem) distract from any deficiencies in the sculpt lol. But did they ever show the complete costume? I only recall seeing her from the waist up. Maybe that's why they're doing her wearing the white dress?

Back