Present Toys PT-76 - Matrix MORPHEUS "Sage Mentor"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moreover...Reloaded Neo coming soon from both Present and Fishbone Toys.
154446phsdk1vdnt6th7dq.jpg

FB_IMG_1701531224245.jpg

Sad to not see Agent Smith in Present Toys line-up tease. Fishbone's version just wasn't what I wanted.

InArt level Neo and Smith would be awesome, but I'm not certain I want to spend $500 each for tactical Neo and man-in-suit Smith. But it would be tempting for sure. One-and-done.

Am I mad for preferring a Fishbone figure?! Never thought I’d see the day.
IMG_2263.jpeg
Their’s comes with the chair, which is the other display option I’ve been wanting for Morpheus- since I already have all the Toys Works figures. TW included two coats so I should be able to perfectly recreate the ‘pill scene’ now.

PT’s sculpt is quite poor, so I wouldn’t have much hope for their Neo or Trinity, but the Toys Works versions also aren’t great so I’m open to replacing those.

I follow this YouTube channel called ‘The Matrix Explained’ which delves very deep into the lore and fan theories which has only increased my enjoyment of the trilogy. (I’ll never acknowledge that fourth movie.)

And it’s about damn time The Twins got some 1/6 love! Their sculpts don’t need to be perfect for me so I’ll be getting them regardless.
FB have their work cut out for them in producing a Persephone that captures the looks of Monica Bellucci. I’ll keep my expectations low but that’ll be an interesting one.
Here’s the pic they’ve used for her teaser which presumably confirms it will be her Reloaded outfit and not the red dress from Revolutions.
IMG_2265.jpeg

Kind of need a Merovingian though, as they really are a set.

After those, I’d be most interested in a Seraph, Naiobi, and The Oracle- possibly with a bench.
The Architect would only be worth having if he came with a full diorama including wall of monitors- and I just don’t have space for that.

Last edited:
An original Smith would've been awesome. I bought Iminime's suit a while back, but didn't like their head sculpt. Can't even kitbash one because they modelled the suit on a larger EB body. Pity, because the suit is great.

Persephone will be horrible. Visible joints with that outfit will be a disaster and it'll be a miracle if they can even get close to capturing the fabric.

Need a Morpheus.

For me it was only Matrix 1 that was watchable. What followed was terrible fanfiction that never happened.

I have no idea what the quality of the FB figure will be, but may pick it up primarily for the chair. I hope Persephone and the Twins turn out well. I prefer Persephone’s red dress, but the off white is fine as well. The only other Matrix characters I’d be interested in after these would be Merovingian and Niobe.

An original Smith would've been awesome. I bought Iminime's suit a while back, but didn't like their head sculpt. Can't even kitbash one because they modelled the suit on a larger EB body. Pity, because the suit is great.

Persephone will be horrible. Visible joints with that outfit will be a disaster and it'll be a miracle if they can even get close to capturing the fabric.
Yes i can’t imagine the outfit will be transparent latex like in the film. That would be a nightmare to make at that scale. I don’t think the sculpt will be strong either, but curious to see how it turns out.

As someone who missed out on the HT Neo, I'll keep an eye out for the present toys set. I have their mask figure and I think they did a great job. The Matrix one look is my favorite for him and honestly the HT likeness isn't really there either. Hopefully theirs is good with the glasses on, otherwise I'll have to hunt down a custom.

These look great! For me I prefer the FB headsculpt and the PT body/outfit. I have a feeling the best Morpheus might be a bashed figure.

I agree mostly, although I really do love the 2nd half of Reloaded -- the chateau fight, the freeway chase, the Twins, the Architect, the Choice.
It’s up for PO, you just have to log in to see it. In his thread, he’s started to not link to the “hidden” figures on the site. It’s $168 at OSK

Also, one interesting thing in the specs regarding the coat

“- 1 Black Leather Coat (Made of anti-oxidation material to significantly extend the lifespan of the coat)

Thanks for that info.

I have the TW one which I'm pretty happy with so if I get the Present Toys version it will be after the in-hand pictures post.

It’s up for PO, you just have to log in to see it. In his thread, he’s started to not link to the “hidden” figures on the site. It’s $168 at OSK

Also, one interesting thing in the specs regarding the coat

“- 1 Black Leather Coat (Made of anti-oxidation material to significantly extend the lifespan of the coat)
I wonder if this is in regard to sunlight or oxygen 🤔

That Fishbone Morpheus just looks like a copy of the Toys Batallion figure, only with no padding and wonkier proportions. Although I at least still see more of a likeness on that sculpt than the Present Toys one.

Really hope one of these companies will come up with a good Reloaded Neo, as I've yet to find a good one that wasn't a crazy expensive custom.

Back