Premium Format Slave Leia is up at SSC..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just purchased my first SSC PF...I just couldn't resist Slave Leia. I got the exclusive and now I just need a PF Darth Vader and I will have all the SSC PF's I am interested in at this point. She is going to display soooooo well under glass in my HT.:D

It's great to have another PF collector out there! Congrats... I think you'll want them all now;).

Right, but keep in mind the main reason its iconic is because of its status of being a fantasy for an entire generation of males. It wasn't featured on the Friends episode because Ross was impressed with Leia's heroism in that scene. ;) If you have other PF's displayed with it, you should be fine. By itself is another story....

Imagine if it was a picture.

If you display this in your study people will assume you like Jabba's palace or Return of the Jedi:

jabba-leia-throneroom.jpg

If you just hang this on your wall people might assume something else entirely:

slave_leia_image_carrie_fisher_s.jpg

:D

LOL I'd hang that on my wall. Who cares what whoever assumes whatever in my house. Who are these people flocking into our homes to judge us again?

Out of all the potential poses and facial expressions, I am quite surprised they chose the one they did.

I pre ordered my Slave Leia. You're right there are more potential poses and facial expressions that in the future may be made.

I'm not digging it.

Something about the pose looks unnatural, it's like she is working at a car show, showing off the brand new staff design (the TR-45, with transtainaum blade attachment) and not very happy about her lot in life.

I ordered but probably will cancel. Times are tough, and for the amount of money involved, I expected better.

I'm not digging it.

Something about the pose looks unnatural, it's like she is working at a car show, showing off the brand new staff design (the TR-45, with transtainaum blade attachment) and not very happy about her lot in life.

Well, she's a SLAVE - you wouldn't be happy either.

LOL! Good point. :lol

Now I'm considering a display case to be made for her. Anyone else making a display case? The statue specs are (from SS): 16.5" H (419.1mm) x 10" W (254mm) x 10" D (254mm). What would you recommend for display case dimensions?

Right, but the face doesn't work with the pose for me. I just don't understand the story behind the pose and look on her face. I get the impression she is free, but is more bored than sad, upset, etc. It really looks to me that she is showing off the staff, not using it as a weapon. Since the pose is neither defensive or aggressive, she appears like she is posing as a model, but in an uncomfortable way. I can't imagine what she could be looking at holding the staff in such and awkward way.

Right, but the face doesn't work with the pose for me. I just don't understand the story behind the pose and look on her face. I get the impression she is free, but is more bored than sad, upset, etc. It really looks to me that she is showing off the staff, not using it as a weapon. Since the pose is neither defensive or aggressive, she appears like she is posing as a model, but in an uncomfortable way. I can't imagine what she could be looking at holding the staff in such and awkward way.

It looks like she is just posing with the staff. The whole thing looks staged or posed, as opposed to candid. The depiction doesn't really reflect her personality at any point in the movie that I can recall. Usually poses reflect some element of the characters personality, in an attempt to portray the essence of the character, but in this, the piece is really mediocre. It is still a nicely done piece, though. However, I think the boobs are too small.

This is why I like the approach Sideshow took with the PF. I always hate Slave Leia pieces that have her looking seductive and sexy. She was imprisoned, deprived of adequate clothing and chained to the giant slug responsible for the capture of the man she loved. She would have been feeling anything but sexy under the circumstances.

My two complaints about the PF are the large eyes and the fabric used, which doesn't seem to hang/drape properly off her belt, but looks too stiff.

(And please, don't anybody try to drag down the thread with some joke about how you'd be stiff too if you were hanging off her belt. It's immature and degrading.)

Back