1/6 Prediction: Hot Toys MMS - The Last Jedi Finn (Water Leaking Clear Tubes Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 4 tittie walrus figure is going to be epic! Fully squeezable for milk dispensing. So purchased!! Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a 3-pack with a Luke (creepy-expression face sculpt) and a Rey (ugh-I'm-gonna-hurl face sculpt). That's when we'll know there's never been a better time to be a Star Wars fan.

As awesome as this thread is, I'd love to see a thread titled, "Prediction: Hot Toys 4-Tittie Walrus (Milking Ver.)." Is there any chance that wouldn't end up being the greatest thread ever?

I quadruple tittie dare you to start a speculation thread for "Hot Toys: MMS 500 Star Wars The Last Jedi 4 Tittie Walrus with exclusive blue milk dispensing feature"

A fake thread for space leia would also be hilarious, only problem is Hot Toys WILL probably make it.

That "romance" with Rose was just put in there because there was no way in hell they were going to have a romantic relationship between black man and a white woman in that movie. Most people knew that so Rose was put in to end any chance of that. If there is any romance with Rey expect it to be with a white man. I forgot what year we are living in....is it 1940?

Jedi don't do romance.

Your assuming a lot with your statement.... That's the big thing I hate with the Political Correct BS, there's always someone who gets offended about something even if they have to make up facts to try and justify their argument.

Next will have the LGBT people in here complaining that Poe and Finn should be together or Rey and Rose... It never ends...

Poe should have saved him, delivered the line, then kissed Finn.

Don’t @ me.

I thought you meant this is what Poe would say to Finn after he kissed him.

Initially wasn't sure if you were going for some kind of double meaning with the "@":lol

Jedi don't do romance.

Your assuming a lot with your statement.... That's the big thing I hate with the Political Correct BS, there's always someone who gets offended about something even if they have to make up facts to try and justify their argument.

Next will have the LGBT people in here complaining that Poe and Finn should be together or Rey and Rose... It never ends...

:horror

Ep IX finally got a whole lot more interesting. Will Finn choose Rose or Poe? Will Rey choose Kylo or Rose? Will there be a CGI Leia/Holdo flashback to explain that farewell? Will BB-8 and BB-9E couple up and hang below the battering ram cannon?

There are so many figures to get from this, admiral holdo, space crystal leia, 4 tittie walrus, shirtless kylo with exclusive "wet" hand, suicidal ackbar from when he crashes into snokes ship to save the resistance, rey's parents (just generic figures), and Rose.

You forgot the Frog Nuns and the EX accessory - the cartoon fish Luke catches with his 50 foot spear.

That "romance" with Rose was just put in there because there was no way in hell they were going to have a romantic relationship between black man and a white woman in that movie. Most people knew that so Rose was put in to end any chance of that. If there is any romance with Rey expect it to be with a white man. I forgot what year we are living in....is it 1940?

Erm... what movie did you watch that you ever thought Rey was going to be put in a relationship? That would subvert the whole female superhero angle they’ve crafted for Rey. She’s supposed to be the greatest Jedi ever... better than Luke.

Frankly, I’m a little saddened/surprised that they gave us a black main-character hero in Finn, but then continually reduce him to a comic relief sidekick. Case in point, the Leaky Bacta-Suit(?) gag. They couldn’t even let him carry a side story in the movie without adding a new female character to boss him around.

I was sorry this thread was a gag. I wouldn’t buy a figure based on this scene but I’d be curious to see how such a figure would be pulled off.

I quadruple tittie dare you to start a speculation thread for "Hot Toys: MMS 500 Star Wars The Last Jedi 4 Tittie Walrus with exclusive blue milk dispensing feature"

A fake thread for space leia would also be hilarious, only problem is Hot Toys WILL probably make it.

:rotfl

I've never turned away from a quadruple tittie dare (it's kinda my version of Marty McFly being called "chicken"), but I haven't paid my dues here enough to do it. Sorry. :lol

Frankly, I’m a little saddened/surprised that they gave us a black main-character hero in Finn, but then continually reduce him to a comic relief sidekick. Case in point, the Leaky Bacta-Suit(?) gag. They couldn’t even let him carry a side story in the movie without adding a new female character to boss him around.

:exactly:

The problem with Finn as a character has always been his execution.

He started as a great idea. A reformed stormtrooper who sees the error of his ways and joins the resistance. Could have been brilliant. His edge coming from a life as a trained killer should have made him a great counterpoint to an idealistic Rey, and could have made them a great team.

But every single aspect of his portrayal goes against this. There is no hint that he grew up in a life so restrictive that even first names were considered too strong an expression of individuality, and instead he is constantly warm, approachable and friendly. They go beyond that too. Immediately they undercut his background by making him a former janitor, and make him goofy at every opportunity. He is constantly being demasculated or bossed around, and not once is he given a chance to shine or be serious as an individual.

He should have been this series' version of Han Solo. Instead he ended up closer to C-3PO.

I guess it fitting since stormtroopers in SW can never do anything right. So FINN being a former stormtrooper is likewise, worthless.

You actually created a new discussion thread for this? I guess when you post over 47,000 times on a message board they can't all be gems

It's ok, maybe one day you will get to start a thread. :wave

I like the outfit and scene because it so parallels TLJ itself in so many ways. Leaky, funny-but-not, weird and un-Starwarsy, actors looking at each other awkwardly, a TFA character rendered as a doofus. This would make a great centerpiece for a TLJ display.

Best comment in this thread.

The problem with Finn as a character has always been his execution.

He started as a great idea. A reformed stormtrooper who sees the error of his ways and joins the resistance. Could have been brilliant. His edge coming from a life as a trained killer should have made him a great counterpoint to an idealistic Rey, and could have made them a great team.

But every single aspect of his portrayal goes against this. There is no hint that he grew up in a life so restrictive that even first names were considered too strong an expression of individuality, and instead he is constantly warm, approachable and friendly. They go beyond that too. Immediately they undercut his background by making him a former janitor, and make him goofy at every opportunity. He is constantly being demasculated or bossed around, and not once is he given a chance to shine or be serious as an individual.

He should have been this series' version of Han Solo. Instead he ended up closer to C-3PO.

:exactly: about a thousand times over.

Can you think of a better idea for a character for the heroes to team up with than a stormtrooper-turned-good? There'd be this edgy layer of "can we trust him?", there'd be this trajectory of trying to become a "normal" person, there'd be this idea of him finding kindness and even love, but the trauma and darkness of his training always there to take it all back, this suspicion of what deeds he committed before he turned.... but no, we got a super-loyal goofball nice guy who turned before he fired the first shot (and there's never a single hint of "can we trust him?") and is used as comic relief and golly gosh puppy-man moments.

There's also the strange racial question that to my knowledge, not a single other First Order character is black, in a movie where the First order is pretty much every bit as white as the Empire was (even though the OT Rebellion was 100% white in SW and ESB and the resistance seems at least 50% minority) and kinda worked because it symbolized the Empire's nazi origins... but I guess that's a whole other discussion.

[/QUOTE]

There's also the strange racial question that to my knowledge, not a single other First Order character is black, in a movie where the First order is pretty much every bit as white as the Empire was (even though the OT Rebellion was 100% white in SW and ESB and the resistance seems at least 50% minority) and kinda worked because it symbolized the Empire's nazi origins... but I guess that's a whole other discussion.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't even thought about that before but you're totally right. Are all stormtroopers black? This makes me wonder about Phasma now. Star wars is a total mess.

I hadn't even thought about that before but you're totally right. Are all stormtroopers black? This makes me wonder about Phasma now. Star wars is a total mess.

Well, if the OT is pretty much all-white on both sides (Rebels and Empire) and you call that a "different era" and decide to update things and add ethnic diversity to SW, why do you not also add ethnic diversity to the First Order?

There's no explanation other than for political reasons (and confirmed as such by evidence such as the now-deleted tweets by the RO writers.) I mean the ONE black face in the First Order turns good... the instant we see his face? And before he's fired his first shot?

They did add a handful of females to the First Order ranks, which is significant vs the Empire, but it seems FO ethnic diversity was a hurdle too far. And the argument that the FO is based on the nazis so must be all white is negated by the fact that the WWII Allies were also overwhelmingly white and Nazi allies included Japan.

:exactly: about a thousand times over.

Can you think of a better idea for a character for the heroes to team up with than a stormtrooper-turned-good? There'd be this edgy layer of "can we trust him?", there'd be this trajectory of trying to become a "normal" person, there'd be this idea of him finding kindness and even love, but the trauma and darkness of his training always there to take it all back, this suspicion of what deeds he committed before he turned.... but no, we got a super-loyal goofball nice guy who turned before he fired the first shot (and there's never a single hint of "can we trust him?") and is used as comic relief and golly gosh puppy-man moments.

There's also the strange racial question that to my knowledge, not a single other First Order character is black, in a movie where the First order is pretty much every bit as white as the Empire was (even though the OT Rebellion was 100% white in SW and ESB and the resistance seems at least 50% minority) and kinda worked because it symbolized the Empire's nazi origins... but I guess that's a whole other discussion.

There was only one other black person shown. The actress from Killjoys; Hannah John Kamen was a FO Officer on Starkiller base in TFA. I also noticed a FO Asian Officer in TLJ. Personally, I hate trying to make the Empire and the FO into overtly racist organizations, it's too clumsy and obvious and something that's better said with a metaphor the way droids were used in A New Hope.

These are some really great points and is more evidence of the much wasted potential of the Disney SW franchise. The origin of the Finn character, as told in the Art of books is so intriguing. The turn that his character has taken, after the fact that they chose to change his ethnicity, makes the portrayal even more disturbing. That said, it seems all the characters suffer from somewhat uninspired developments. His just seems to be taken from an old “make the black guy a baffoon” playbook that I really believed they were going to really have him kill himself in the final scene. I was actually surprised that he didn’t die in the movie.

To me, John Boyega being such a fan of the franchise plays a big part in Finn's development problems. At first i thought actors having a close relationship with this universe would help the movies. Now, i'm not so sure anymore.

Lots of Boyega's scenes don't feel right. It might come from the script but i also have that feeling Boyega's love for Star Wars and lack of experience in this business didn't help. He didn't step back and question directors approach on the tone of certain scenes. Just to name a few, his interactions with Han on Starkiller in TFA or the ones with Phasma in TLJ come to mind as the worst humor in the whole saga. Vastly overplayed!

P.S: To be fair, that whole leaking tubes scene is one that landed well with me. Tone, rythm and lines worked perfectly.

Back