1/6 Prediction: Hot Toys MMS - The Last Jedi Finn (Water Leaking Clear Tubes Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are some really great points and is more evidence of the much wasted potential of the Disney SW franchise. The origin of the Finn character, as told in the Art of books is so intriguing. The turn that his character has taken, after the fact that they chose to change his ethnicity, makes the portrayal even more disturbing. That said, it seems all the characters suffer from somewhat uninspired developments. His just seems to be taken from an old “make the black guy a baffoon” playbook that I really believed they were going to really have him kill himself in the final scene. I was actually surprised that he didn’t die in the movie.

My guess is that they realized that they had a pretty cool character on thier hands, and they were afraid that he would upstage Rey. In order to make it clear that Rey was indeed the lead character, they took the route of turning him into the comedic sidekick.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in Finn's development.

I understand that his arc was defecting from the FO to eventually espousing the Resistance, but I just didn't find it interesting in TLJ. He was a pretty interesting character in TFA and I feel they could have done so much more with him. Quite possibly as you said though so as not to distract from the development of Rey.

I like the outfit and scene because it so parallels TLJ itself in so many ways. Leaky, funny-but-not, weird and un-Starwarsy, actors looking at each other awkwardly, a TFA character rendered as a doofus. This would make a great centerpiece for a TLJ display.

This is gold !!!!

Who's getting it?

I hope Hot Toys includes real water leaking feature and doesn't use a clear rubber tubing that rots over time. I want my high end collectible FINN doll to last the ages so I can pass down this iconic character portrayed by uncanny thespian actor John Boyega to my offspring. I hope they are just as thrilled with his adventure of the crucial task of obtaining a codebreaker and saving the day and falling in love with a complete stranger he met just hours before who both could have just been edited out but Kathleen Kennedy made the stand up decision to leave them in the the important Star Wars saga that is The Last Jedi.

:clap:clap:clap

That whole scene reminded me of something out of Red Dwarf just like the Rathtars and Guavian Death Gang.

Back