Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice shots. How much work did you do on it?

I hope one day Hot Toys puts quills on their Preds.:pray:

work I did

blend color on forehead
added spots on head and body
quills on head and arms
P1 gaunlet / classic blades
P1 plasma caster
P1 conversion from Cregs Custom
added details on self destruct arm armor
reshape mandibles on both set
reshape upper lip to expose more gums
reshape / repainted teeth on mandibles
highlight dread ornaments
painted armor jungle stained
added wires on bio
added details on bio
custom stand
repainted gloves
extra head to display with bio
extra feet to display with regular stand

i think that's it :rotfl

Rob

IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This sculpt looks more like P1 every time I see it (and it's not because of the kickass custom paintjob). If HT can get their 1/4 looking like this, I'll be happy.

The closed-mouth look does need improvement, though.

That looks amazing r5150s! Congrats on a work of art and I'm glad my kit was of use to you :)

thanks again man ! it was the finishing touch and it did finished it of nicely :hi5:

btw, what's the size of the cord you used for this kit ? i might separate the necklace to kick it up a notch :wink1:..i have those small hand drill I can use for it...

Rob

I have a question about the foot pegs on this guy. When I got mine the right peg was really loose so his foot wobbled around and couldn't stand on his own. Is there anyway to tighten it so I don't have this problem or is it too risky to even try?

Amazing work 55150s, that is a truly inspired custom!

The bio seems to stick out a bit since it doesn't have the camo look... is that screen accurate or a wip? I never even knew about the green camo until last year :lol

thanks again man ! it was the finishing touch and it did finished it of nicely :hi5:

btw, what's the size of the cord you used for this kit ? i might separate the necklace to kick it up a notch :wink1:..i have those small hand drill I can use for it...

Rob

The necklace cord was the smallest Hemp cord I could find and I dyed it. I'll see if I still have the packaging card. If not PM me in a week or so and I'll mail you some :wave

Is there any risk of breaking it if I attempt to take the foot off?

There is always a chance of breakage. Usually when something is loose on a figure it's the joint (disk) not the peg. Hopefully the peg isn't broken. It doesn't sound like it's broken, though.
Just firmly hold the foot and leg portion with you fingers as close to each other as possible and pull. If this worries you you could also heat up the joint with a hair dryer or dip the joint in a cup of hot water. This will soften the plastic making it easier to pull apart.

There is always a chance of breakage. Usually when something is loose on a figure it's the joint (disk) not the peg. Hopefully the peg isn't broken. It doesn't sound like it's broken, though.
Just firmly hold the foot and leg portion with you fingers as close to each other as possible and pull. If this worries you you could also heat up the joint with a hair dryer or dip the joint in a cup of hot water. This will soften the plastic making it easier to pull apart.

The pegs are fine, it's just the joint that's real loose. I'm gonna heat it up and try to take it off. Thanks for the help :hi5:

I finally got around to adding some small skull trophies to my Classic. I decided to do them in my own unique pattern as opposed to something from the films or comics.
All the skulls come from McFarland predator figures and for the waist and bicep wraps I used some hemp cord, for the necklace I used heavy cotton thread.

100_1225.jpg
[/IMG]
100_1226.jpg
[/IMG]
100_1229.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm thinking about redoing the waist wrap to be more like the one on his arm but I'll have to get some more cord first.

Back