Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys for all the encouragement. It'll be awhile until I have the time and inspiration for something else. BTW, I am wondering how pplz can re-sculpt armors, masks...etc. DO they use superscuply? or are there other air dry puddies that pplz use? Cuz I think my next project will be even more involved lol

I haven't made any custom predators but when I do sculpt I use aves apoxie sculpt. It's a 2 part air dry sculpt.

58515_10100619579609386_109144131_n.jpg

Nice work!

Thanks guys for all the encouragement. It'll be awhile until I have the time and inspiration for something else. BTW, I am wondering how pplz can re-sculpt armors, masks...etc. DO they use superscuply? or are there other air dry puddies that pplz use? Cuz I think my next project will be even more involved lol

Use sculpey, but then you need to make a mold and resin cast, because sculpey is easy to break.
You could also use something like aves epoxy or milliput but have less working time, and wont have as much detail.

Thanks alot! I am wondering if casting is hard? Don't you need to buy lots of different chemicals? I definitely want more details in the sculpt.

Use sculpey, but then you need to make a mold and resin cast, because sculpey is easy to break.
You could also use something like aves epoxy or milliput but have less working time, and wont have as much detail.

I was wondering if you could me with your opinions. I am gonna add a predator to my collection - I like the classic look. Is the latest version still look good against the most recent variation predator figures that has been released to pre order or just started shipping. Or do you think I should wait and hot toys will re release the "classic" look but as a 2.0 from the predator movie?

I was wondering if you could me with your opinions. I am gonna add a predator to my collection - I like the classic look. Is the latest version still look good against the most recent variation predator figures that has been released to pre order or just started shipping. Or do you think I should wait and hot toys will re release the "classic" look but as a 2.0 from the predator movie?

Well...the only 3 other Predators available after "Classic Version 2" are "Hunter Predator", which is definitely not better than the new classic but quite a few big steps down IMO...the "Scar" Predator which was released recently and is my new favorite Predator which is breathtaking and perfect in every way possible. Then there is the "Samurai" Predator which is in a league of it's own.

The "Samurai" Predator is definitely not going to be the Predator you are going to want especially if you are going for the "Classic" look. Many love this Predator but me I own him but just do not dig him that much for some odd reason...I just think the details on this figure look way too exaggerated. Also...he is sold out and the lowest you will find him in new or mint condition will be on ebay for no lower than $400.00
Definitely not worth that price IMO.

Then we have the amazingly crafted "Classic V2"...(I believe that is the correct name the classic from the movie "Predators") which is a stunning and beautiful looking Predator and my second favorite next to "Scar".

If I were you I would get the V2 "Classic". Your going to love him trust me. He even has 2 interchangeable Bio-Masks where one is crushed open on one side revealing one of the Predator's eyes.

...a lot of work went into sculpting this Predator as the level of details and paint work are flawless. He also has an amazing face sculpt especially when he is posed with it's closed mandibles...perfect.

I was lucky enough to have scored the first original "Classic" from Hot Toys and added the armor piece, bone trophies...in order to make him more of a true "Classic" but honestly I still liked him just as much from the way he came out of the box.

So there you have it...then you can order "Scar" afterwards and have two of the best 1/6 scale Predator figures Hot Toys has ever put out to date. :)

Last edited:
Thanks septic
I'll get the classic look from predators :)

Do you think hot toys will ever do a 2.0 version from predator?

Well...the only 3 other Predators available after "Classic Version 2" are "Hunter Predator", which is definitely not better than the new classic but quite a few big steps down IMO...the "Scar" Predator which was released recently and is my new favorite Predator which is breathtaking and perfect in every way possible. Then there is the "Samurai" Predator which is in a league of it's own.

The "Samurai" Predator is definitely not going to be the Predator you are going to want especially if you are going for the "Classic" look. Many love this Predator but me I own him but just do not dig him that much for some odd reason...I just think the details on this figure look way too exaggerated. Also...he is sold out and the lowest you will find him in new or mint condition will be on ebay for no lower than $400.00
Definitely not worth that price IMO.

Then we have the amazingly crafted "Classic V2"...(I believe that is the correct name the classic from the movie "Predators") which is a stunning and beautiful looking Predator and my second favorite next to "Scar".

If I were you I would get the V2 "Classic". Your going to love him trust me. He even has 2 interchangeable Bio-Masks where one is crushed open on one side revealing one of the Predator's eyes.

...a lot of work went into sculpting this Predator as the level of details and paint work are flawless. He also has an amazing face sculpt especially when he is posed with it's closed mandibles...perfect.

I was lucky enough to have scored the first original "Classic" from Hot Toys and added the armor piece, bone trophies...in order to make him more of a true "Classic" but honestly I still liked him just as much from the way he came out of the box.

So there you have it...then you can order "Scar" afterwards and have two of the best 1/6 scale Predator figures Hot Toys has ever put out to date. :)

Well explained mate :)

But, considering the time of production I still think P2 Elder to be the best of all :)

For a cool looking muscular predator I will vote for the Ancient AVP Predator. That's just me..

So how does this guy stack up to all the other releases?

I really just liked the movies and the early Dark Horse comics and I don't need anything crazy. I just want a good likeness.

Back