Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a "pretty ripped dude" is exactly the problem. The suit itself adds so much bulk that if you put it on a beefy guy you end up with a fat monster. The suit worked so well on Kevin Peter Hall because he was a very slim dude; the added bulk of the original suit combined with Kevin's build made it look exactly perfect.

Mears is thin as well. It's just SWS did a much better job on the original '87 suit for KPH than the FX crew did for Mears on Predators.

Small derailing here: just upgraded to a blu-ray player, and I was wondering if upgrading Predator was worth it.

I'd say yes. The ultimate edition picture starts of a bit overly DNR'D and then settles down to be pretty amazing.

The Alien Anthology is a must buy as well.

Last edited:
What I want to know is why, ever since the first two Predator movies, no one has been able to make a Predator without those unsightly crinkles at the side of the mandibles?
I know. It's truly maddening. The first time I saw AvP, as awful as that movie was the thing that really bothered me the most was those crinkles in the mouth. Like some grip couldn't take two seconds to push them inward before the camera rolls?

I know. It's truly maddening. The first time I saw AvP, as awful as that movie was the thing that really bothered me the most was those crinkles in the mouth. Like some grip couldn't take two seconds to push them inward before the camera rolls?

Well they got it half right with Wolf ......... seeing as how they only had to worry about one side :lol

looks pretty accurate to the design to me :cuckoo:

Classic head design is pretty close to the P1.
Figure head design is pretty close to the AvP retarded asscrap.

clASSicvsClassic.jpg

clASSicvsP1.jpg

What I want to know is why, ever since the first two Predator movies, no one has been able to make a Predator without those unsightly crinkles at the side of the mandibles?

predators2010l.jpg

They made an amateur mistake of sculpting the predator with the mouth open, this cause the extra skin to fold unnaturally at the sides when the mouth closes. :nono tsk tsk tsk..

The Pred should be sculpted with the mouth closed, and when the mouth opens the latex skin would just stretch around the mouth naturally. It amazes me how "professions" couldn't get it right when it's really so trivial..

-

Last edited:
Something about that new Pred doesn't look quite right. It looks like he's wearing highwaisted shorts. The original Pred looks more natural. Im glad we got a nice P1 from Neca.

You can tell the waistband goes up to his abs in the new costume. But think about it for a second, Kevin Peter Hall was TALL.

31453845_1220078223_KevinPeterHallArnoldSchwarzenegger01bmp.jpg

These actors playing the new hunters are big, though nowhere near as big as KPH was. This is why the only Predator costume that looks "right" without any CG help is the original -- because that's the way the design was meant to be. A smaller suit would simply look squat.

Here, Hot Toys kind of gave us the ideal version of the new Classic. Wish they wouldn't have done it with the Super-Predators since they looked fine in the film, though it's unrealistic for fans to pick and choose which pieces can be sculpted with artistic license and which can't.

These actors playing the new hunters are big, though nowhere near as big as KPH was. This is why the only Predator costume that looks "right" without any CG help is the original -- because that's the way the design was meant to be. A smaller suit would simply look squat.

Biggest advice to the makers of the next Predator film: Hire Ian Whyte to play the main Predator.:lecture

I just bought Berserker to pair him with Classic. I didnt have planned to buy any predators figures, but now with this release I had to. I dont want to turn Classic into P1. It will be: Dutch/P1 and Berserker/Classic. :lecture

Biggest advice to the makers of the next Predator film: Hire Ian Whyte to play the main Predator.:lecture

I'd say have a super high ranking elder in the next movie and cast Paul White (the Big Show on WWE- 7' 1" 485 lbs) to play him. Just have him all big and fat and adorned with all kinds of skulls and crap :lol

But an awesome Predator, both size and athletics-wise, would be Shaquille O'neal. That dude is huge! (7' 1" 325 lbs)

I'd sooner put money towards researching voodoo so we could bring KPH back. He was the Predator, no contest. Rest his soul.

Another issue was the way the lower mandibles opened (down, vertically, instead of sideways and out), but we could probably chalk that up to different clans and variations.

In Predators, the problem was much more noticeable. However, a grip couldn't really push those crinkles in because as it was said before, if you look at the picture, the skin flap was sculpted too far outward away from the teeth, whereas Stan Winston's was sculpted inward so it was able to tuck nicely under them.

2lw8z6o.png

Last edited:
Man, if that pic wasn't faked in any way imagine how huge KPH would have been if he had been a bodybuilder like Arnie.

KPH was lean, which wasn't unusual for people that height, but he was fairly well proportioned. That's what made him great to play the Predator. But if he'd had gotten into bodybuilding, dude would have been HUGE!!

Back