Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No info on the spine yet?
I my self have ordered the statue anyway , also the netting
can just be repainted with a steady hand and permanent marker.

Also the thing with hot toys are the stupid joins in the arms and legs.
and they are plastic and don't feel the best quality though the head
sculpts are amazing.

exactly it's plastic action figures vs polystone statues, i dont know why people are even comparing them, entirely different products for different collectors.

I think for this statue, the exclusive is mandatory as the regular is missing the head and the bloody skull which makes it worthless.

wish sideshow would just answer the spinal column question, how hard is it to ask their development team and just provide a yes/no answer...

exactly it's plastic action figures vs polystone statues, i dont know why people are even comparing them, entirely different products for different collectors.

I think for this statue, the exclusive is mandatory as the regular is missing the head and the bloody skull which makes it worthless.

wish sideshow would just answer the spinal column question, how hard is it to ask their development team and just provide a yes/no answer...

Well considering the spine is in one of the pics may suggest you get
it anyway's.
But it is a part of the predator and makes it complete.
Also i love the predator film's but hate the unmasked version hence the
exclusive is a must.

Also like you say the hot toys stuff are glorified action figures and not worth the money to be honest.
Considering the work that goes into the sideshow stuff and they are limited and numbered.
Not toys are mass produced.
I know some people bang on about the paint application , but all the statues i have bought are perfect and the only nit picking i have is the statues often look too clean like the army of darkness ash.

I do prefer the polystone to the premium format , though i do have loads of the premium format i know only buy the polystone.

So please could sideshow answer this question about the spinal column coming with the predator.
If not then why put it in the pic.
All we need is a yes or a no to put people's mind's at rest.

Thank's

Well considering the spine is in one of the pics may suggest you get
it anyway's.
But it is a part of the predator and makes it complete.
Also i love the predator film's but hate the unmasked version hence the
exclusive is a must.

Also like you say the hot toys stuff are glorified action figures and not worth the money to be honest.
Considering the work that goes into the sideshow stuff and they are limited and numbered.
Not toys are mass produced.
I know some people bang on about the paint application , but all the statues i have bought are perfect and the only nit picking i have is the statues often look too clean like the army of darkness ash.

I do prefer the polystone to the premium format , though i do have loads of the premium format i know only buy the polystone.

So please could sideshow answer this question about the spinal column coming with the predator.
If not then why put it in the pic.
All we need is a yes or a no to put people's mind's at rest.

Thank's

It's NOT in any pic.

Has nobody noticed that it is also missing the straps that he has around his elbows and knees, seen here:
9107_press07-001.jpg

just found this thread and do you all really find this statue bad? I've got the ex on po and think it looks great. besides some missing bone, what else do you all find terrible? What am I missing?
I can't understand why this and Isaac Clarke hasn't sold out MONTHS ago.

Arnold says:

171780779.jpg

Don't understand why we need P87 playing American football in "aprox. 1/5 scale", when we have new Dutch PF figure in 1/4th. :dunno It seems to me that this release is for the ones who had no Maquette or Cinemaquette, but really want something big and polystone, doesn't matter what. :D Imagine how terrible the sculpted netting will be in this scale. :D

Wow how right you were with that prediction. Mine arrived with sloppy painting on the netting and possible chipping?

I tried using the formal ask Sideshow form on the website but when I went to ask the same question posed here it I got a message saying "We could not send your message. Please try again later. Your question may have already been answered. Please use the search box above before submitting your question. I used the search and the AVP Predator Aliens category but I didn't see this particular question answered by Sideshow yet. I received my Predator statue this past Monday and it in fact does not include the spine trophy. Has Sideshow responded to anyone's knowledge on why the spine trophy was not included or added?

Sideshow the paint applications to the netting and thighs on my Predator statue is sloppy. Also the masked portrait and armor is too dark. I know the final product varies from the proto but this is way off in my opinion. It's just too dark. It's lazy. The proto is a beautiful silver. This is a dull flat dark grey. Pretty disappointed in the quality of this statue. Also my box didn't come with a Sideshow Exclusive sticker even though I did in fact order the exclusive and the styrofoam didn't have "QC PASSED" stickers on the tape. Are these statues being inspected for quality control or are you just skipping that now? Lastly and most importantly why haven't you answered the question everybody is asking? Why is the Predator statue missing the spine trophy?
predatorstatue7.jpg

predatorstatue14.jpg

predatorstatue16.jpg

Sideshow the paint applications to the netting and thighs on my Predator statue is sloppy. Also the masked portrait and armor is too dark. I know the final product varies from the proto but this is way off in my opinion. It's just too dark. It's lazy. The proto is a beautiful silver. This is a dull flat dark grey. Pretty disappointed in the quality of this statue. Also my box didn't come with a Sideshow Exclusive sticker even though I did in fact order the exclusive and the styrofoam didn't have "QC PASSED" stickers on the tape. Are these statues being inspected for quality control or are you just skipping that now? Lastly and most importantly why haven't you answered the question everybody is asking? Why is the Predator statue missing the spine trophy?
predatorstatue7.jpg

predatorstatue14.jpg

predatorstatue16.jpg

pics look ok - is it really that bad in real life? (still hoping here! mine is shipped today:()

Yes. The thighs are aweful. Looks burnt. The armor and mask is too dark. And the netting is poorly painted in too many areas. It looks cool from a distance but these flaws bother me.

hmm damn - i just might return this. don't even know how that works. Do I pay or what? I have the classic pred from HT and if a 1/6 scale 'doll' looks better i don't want it.

Back