Predator Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mt24

Super Freak
Reaction score
Dear Sideshow,

Today to start Spooktacular you opened the pre-order for The Predator statue and I could not be more excited.

But that changed fast when I saw that he is missing the spine accessory that goes on his side onto the back.

200170_press05-001.jpg

Even the Predator diorama which is on a smaller scale has it.
9107_press07-001.jpg

Why is it missing? It is too late to include it? I really hope not.

Another thing is the bio mask. I think it needs a little more detail as it should have some battle damage marks on there. Hopefully not too much to ask.

Also, in the regular preorder page for the Predator statue, one of the picture in the gallery is showing his unmasked face. I thought it is only available on the exclusive version? Please enlight us on that.

Considering that its gonna be released in the 2nd quarter of '12, it shouldnt be too difficult to add it in the final production version. Though these kinda things need not be brought to SS's notice by us; they should know it themselves.
Regarding the alternate portrait on the regular version, this needs to be cleared by SS.

Considering that its gonna be released in the 2nd quarter of '12, it shouldnt be too difficult to add it in the final production version. Though these kinda things need not be brought to SS's notice by us; they should know it themselves.
Regarding the alternate portrait on the regular version, this needs to be cleared by SS.

Which is why I post this here. :)

Arnold says:

171780779.jpg

Don't understand why we need P87 playing American football in "aprox. 1/5 scale", when we have new Dutch PF figure in 1/4th. :dunno It seems to me that this release is for the ones who had no Maquette or Cinemaquette, but really want something big and polystone, doesn't matter what. :D Imagine how terrible the sculpted netting will be in this scale. :D

Just bumping this thread as it's been a very long time with no response from sidehsow. I've also email sideshow personaly a while back and still no response there either.
Please, us die hard predator fans would like some feed back on this
issue as this statue would be a total fail with out the spinal column trophy.

Here is a copy of my original email to Sideshow that was sent on 11/23/2011

Dear Visitor,

Thank you for submitting a question to the Sideshow Collectibles creative team. We have received the following information:

---------------------------------------------------
Name: Paul

Question:
Hi Sideshow,
I was just wondering why the upcoming Predator 1/5 scale statue is missing a vital movie accurate accesory??? There should be a spinal column trophy hanging around the predators waist. The older smaller diorama has it, the 1/4 scale maquette has it, Hot toys predator has it and even the cheaper Neca 1/4 scale figure has it. It would be such a shame to leave something as important as this off the statue. Please include it, it is very important to the hardcore fans and it would make my decision to purchase this much more easier.
Thank you Sideshow.
Paul.
P.S please take a look at this link

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums...d.php?t=101994

I would avoid this SideShow Predator Statue,this netting will be a nightmare,Hot Toys 1/4 would be a much more quality piece.Also will come with metal parts such masks,blades,armor etc...

I would avoid this SideShow Predator Statue,this netting will be a nightmare,Hot Toys 1/4 would be a much more quality piece.Also will come with metal parts.

Indeed...Hopefully Hot toys make a nice base for it too...:pray:

I would avoid this SideShow Predator Statue,this netting will be a nightmare,Hot Toys 1/4 would be a much more quality piece.Also will come with metal parts such masks,blades,armor etc...

unless hot toys start to use polystone on their 1/4 and not the same 1/6 plastic, it's a non-starter. I think people are judging this statue too harshly, the exclusive version for this looks great, the hand painted netting remains to be seen.

but yeah an answer on the missing spinal column would be nice sideshow..

No info on the spine yet?
I my self have ordered the statue anyway , also the netting
can just be repainted with a steady hand and permanent marker.

Also the thing with hot toys are the stupid joins in the arms and legs.
and they are plastic and don't feel the best quality though the head
sculpts are amazing.

Back