Predator maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
I think we are only a couple weeks at most since the last email was sent saying it would be coming around the end of May or early June.

Actually, the last email I got about the Predator was that it would ship late april/early may.

I haven't got this on flex-pay but if I did I most likely would be pissed and would certainly never use it again. Now, I'm just anxious to get this piece...
But I do want to ask this, they started charging back in february, did they really not know the piece would be 2 (or more) month behind on schedule? I find that hard to believe.

This is the first big item to ship using the flex pay isn't it? I don't think it's fair to judge this option by one item and a very complex item at that.

To me, the value of such a huge payment not hitting all at once far outweighs any drawbacks such as the money being tied up for a couple of months. It's going to be gone anyway once it ships, what possible use could I have on the interest on $700 that I would have spent in another way just as easily?

In fact, it's really much better from buying from many dealers that require a deposit at the time of ordering.

I wouldn't mind a deposit at the time of ordering actually, it would mean no (or at least much less) scalping and if and item sells out, it really did sell out, not a couple of hunderd 'maybe' orders.

Lynxje said:
I wouldn't mind a deposit at the time of ordering actually, it would mean no (or at least much less) scalping and if and item sells out, it really did sell out, not a couple of hunderd 'maybe' orders.

Interesting idea. If SS went this route in the future I would not be surprised or blame them. Any other company would say "screw it, as long as we sell them that's what the wait list is for". But this is Sideshow. If the scalper situation got too out of hand SS would look out for fans.

As certain SS pieces go considerably up in price (attracting even more scalpers than we have now) I think it may be necessary to implement a "good faith deposit" for certain statues or identify VIP customers according to their order history.

For now I think things are alright with minimal scalping issues.

I totally disagree with a deposit for any item preorder, this is why we have the order limits on how many we can order due to scalping. If changing anything would be to go the flexpay ala Code 3, were you pay the first payment and shipping and they ship it to you. Then you finish off the payments over the next months instead of waiting for all the payments to clear then sending the item.
Going the deposit route for orders would be a bad idea for Sideshow.

Viking28 said:
I totally disagree with a deposit for any item preorder, this is why we have the order limits on how many we can order due to scalping. If changing anything would be to go the flexpay ala Code 3, were you pay the first payment and shipping and they ship it to you. Then you finish off the payments over the next months instead of waiting for all the payments to clear then sending the item.

That sounds like a nice idea, but I doubt any company would take the risk to use that policy on overseas orders, since if someone from europe recieved their item and stopped paying they would never get their money.

elwood49 said:
I've come to realize that if I can't afford to pay for an item in full when it ships, then I have no business ordering it in the first place.

My sentiments exactly. I can appreciate that many people can't take a
whammy like Predator and Gen. Grievous coming due all in one month, but
I also think that people have had many months to save up for these items,
and they should have done that on their own, by putting aside the money
in the months since these were announced, instead of being unhappy due
to delays in delivery now. Anybody who has ordered most any statue in the
past from Sideshow (Sauron?!) should know that delays are inevitable and
should have been expected in this situation - on such an ultimate-high-end
maquette such as this. I'd rather wait contentedly and get a perfect statue.
There is no life-or-death time limit for me to receive these, and I've resigned
myself to the fact of "it will get here when it gets here". Sideshow doesn't
delay things just for the heck of it, and I'm 99% assured that any delayed
item will be WELL worth the extra wait.

JS :peace

Back