Predator maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynxje

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Any more info on this piece? Last email said they would be shipping end of april/beginning on may, but shouldn't we be getting 'shipping in X days' emails by now then?

Lynxje said:
Any more info on this piece? Last email said they would be shipping end of april/beginning on may, but shouldn't we be getting 'shipping in X days' emails by now then?

Last I heard it was late May early June.

considering i have made payments via flexpay allready i am not very happy with the delay and we may have to wait at least another 6 weeks or more for it to be delivered , maybe longer if you live in the uk like i do, i suppose its a bit more interest in sideshows bank account , after all they do need the extra cash.

Nothing worse than a company that can't even meet an UPDATED/REVISED delivery date.....Glad I canceled mine way back, otherwise I would be just as frustrated as the guys here who have already paid for most, if not all of it, and still no sign of it...

I think you guys deserve a little something extra from SS for having to put up with all these delays....how about it Sideshow? Maybe, as orc brute said here, you could use the interest from the flex-pay payments??

Deserve a little something? Give me a ****ing break would ya. You deserve a quality product that meets the standards and demands something of this price range commands and I believe that is what you will be getting because of these delays. The suggestions being made that they need the interest of the payments is just stupid.:rolleyes:

SolidLiquidFox said:
next time just use the regular option and not the flex option...part of the risks of the flex option is situations such as these

Everyone who bought this is waiting not just the Flex Pay folks.

I think the point he was making was that the people who have it on flex pay have already been charged around $660.00, whereas those who don't have it on flex pay haven't been charged anything.

Bannister said:
I think the point he was making was that the people who have it on flex pay have already been charged around $660.00, whereas those who don't have it on flex pay haven't been charged anything.

Got ya :):D

i feel for all of you. delays on something like this really stinks. but do you really think that Sideshow won't take care of you for have these problems?? of all the years i've been into collecting sideshow is the only customer oriented company that actually shows how much they appreciate their success due to their loyal customers.

~~just relax, these delays make getting it that much better. :chew :chew

Bannister said:

Thankyou, Bannister!:D

And JL...I'll give you a F***** break (as you so eloquently put it..)when you, for once, stop SS flag waving at everything! I wasn't JUST talking about the flex-pay people....EVERYONE who has this statue on order deserves, at the very least an apology for the delay.

Man, I would hate to eat in a restaurant owned by you...because, according to your logic...If my meal was promised in 1/2 hour, and it took say, 2 hours...all you would tell the patron is..."well, you got a decent meal in the end, didn't ya??? What more do you want?!!". I can tell you for a fact, that place would close pretty quick!

It's about keeping people happy, and all I am saying is, for some, and indeed probably most, it would seem, are starting to become a little bit peeved...

They at least deserve an up-date, don't they?

darth dyp**** said:
And JL...I'll give you a F***** break (as you so eloquently put it..)when you, for once, stop SS flag waving at everything! I wasn't JUST talking about the flex-pay people....EVERYONE who has this statue on order deserves, at the very least an apology for the delay.

I'm not waving the flag just pointing out the that asking for a little extra something from SS is just beyond what's deserved. The folks buying this deserve a quality product and to be kept as up to date as possible. I think we are only a couple weeks at most since the last email was sent saying it would be coming around the end of May or early June. Since we are only just now entering the second week of May they aren't off yet and I'm sure if it appears that it might go more to the middle of June it will be updated by email or in the newsletter as always. I also believe in the last email that was sent it even said they apologized for the delay.

Plain and simple they deserve nothing more than the two things I stated above.

darth dyp**** said:
Man, I would hate to eat in a restaurant owned by you...because, according to your logic...If my meal was promised in 1/2 hour, and it took say, 2 hours...all you would tell the patron is..."well, you got a decent meal in the end, didn't ya??? What more do you want?!!". I can tell you for a fact, that place would close pretty quick!

You're trying to compare apples to oranges here. When someone goes into a place to eat they should expect the meal quickly. When someone orders something like this piece you expect it to come as quickly as possible by the release date given, but also I think with something like this you should also expect some delays. SS is keeping everyone pretty up to date. I don't think they need to send out emails every week letting folks know how things are going and if you expect that or folks are expecting that they really need to get a grip not to mention getting real.

darth dyp**** said:
It's about keeping people happy, and all I am saying is, for some, and indeed probably most, it would seem, are starting to become a little bit peeved...

I'm sure it's frustrating. I know that when Sauron was announced in Jan of 04 and didn't ship till Sept/Oct of 05 it was pretty frustrating. However, the delays where worth it because of how the final product came out. SS the whole time kept us up to date when they had new pics/info and the are doing that here. If you buy high end stuff you better expect some delays because compaines like SS want to get it right and if you don't have the patience to wait then your collecting the wrong market of collectibles.

darth dyp**** said:
They at least deserve an up-date, don't they?

As I said they have been and we aren't out of the range of the last email if I am correct. If something changes I'm absoluetly sure SS will email the folks who have this coming or put something in an upcoming newsletter.

Delays aren't unusual in collecting business, it's the matter of quality that counts!
If you paid with Flex option you have to deal with this point without complaining.
Also the predator maquette ships for free!!!
And surely you will receive your bracelet:D

Look at it this way at least you know its pretty much paid for and your not going to be hit with a huge charge all at once. I would rather everything be taken care of before shipping them out then having to deal with returning it and waiting for a replacement.

I can't see the restaurant comparison though, I see it more as ordering an exotic automobile chances are there might be a delay or two.

delays will happen in this hobby...it's inevitable. I for one would gladly take a delay to assure quality. Just ask Master Replicas' customers who bought one of their helmets.

I guess we all should get an extra something-something all the time since it seems as if 60% of products are usually delayed :rolleyes:

learn from this Flex Pay scenario next time you all feel like choosing that option. There are plus and minuses to everything. I for one always choose the regular payment option because I count on delays to help me get my money together as I play the credit card billing cycle game.

ask for a higher credit line from your card if you have to but stop complaining to Sideshow. :monkey1

Well hopefully it will be soon. I got email that my waitlist order will be converted to a regular order, this past Friday :chew :chew :chew

But I am happy to wait if it means final touch-ups on the product. This is going to be one awesome piece! I missed out when it first showed up. I am just glad the waitlist came through!

:fireworks

SolidLiquidFox said:
learn from this Flex Pay scenario next time you all feel like choosing that option. There are plus and minuses to everything. I for one always choose the regular payment option because I count on delays to help me get my money together as I play the credit card billing cycle game.

I agree completely, and I'll also never choose Flex-Pay again. I've come to realize that if I can't afford to pay for an item in full when it ships, then I have no business ordering it in the first place.

I do find it somewhat funny that SS offers Flex-Pay for items that are in the $250 range. Honestly, unless you are a student that is not working, then you REALLY might want to think about your finances if you can't afford a $250 payment at once. Take that $250 and invest it, and you'll be able to buy MANY pieces once you get everything in order.

I'm starting to look at all the money I've been spending on collectibles, and I think my priorities are all out of whack. I need to get more money in the bank/into a new house before I keep blowing so much on this stuff. It is fun, though. :)

Back