PREDATOR MAQUETTE..PICS ONLY !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WetaWork said:
It will be interesting to follow this auction. Think it will get over $1,500?

It's certainly looking like it. It's already up to $1475 with 2 full days remaining. Obviously, hype on this piece is huge right now.
I placed an order on Friday from DarkShadowCollectables:
https://store.darkshadowcollectibles.com/000304.html
for a standard Pred at $855 shipped just so I'm not left out in the rain with NO Predator. Good thing too, because I just checked back at his site and all of his are sold out now.

Well, a few days ago I finally got mine. But because of lack of time AND because the box is SO big I wanted to take my time and was going to unpack the beast this weekend. And so I just did..

And WOW what a big beautiful.. box..

And then I opened it.. I took the lid of.. First I take a look at the base. Wow what a big beautiful base!! REally beautiful!! Then I gently take away the foamy papery stuff (what's it called?) from the beast itself.. and O M G!! Look at that !! I got the Exclusive Exclusive version!! you know, the one with battle damage!!

* SIGH! *

Well.. I already mailed SS so we just have to sit back and wait. But man, I really wanted to retreat myself back in a dark corner and cry silently like a little baby.. :monkey2 :crying

Xeno said:
you know, the one with battle damage!!

* SIGH! *

:crying

You just got the Heavy Metal version of Predator... It's very rare. ;) In all seriousness,, that sucks..

shout-vi.jpg

Ouch!

Are the fingers in the box? It looks like a clean break and easy fix.

Gruson said:
Ouch!

Are the fingers in the box? It looks like a clean break and easy fix.

Well I took a quick look and I only saw one of them lying in the box. One might assume the other one is there as well someplace. But to be honest, I don't WANT to repair a 1000 euro statue!! What if I screw up?

Besides tha, I haven't taken the thing out of the box, so there could be some more damage I don't know of yet. Let's first wait and see what SS says.

btw, I heard someone who had a broken (defective lights) Sentinel statue doesn't get a new one because the new ones (which were meant for replacements) were also mal functioning. I really don't know what to think of this.. (except that a good working Sentinel statue now even becomes more limited ;) )

Hopefully, they still have some set aside for returns. I know I would be sick too to be met with such a sight. Of course if it had been me, there would probably be a few more missing pieces in my rage :D

BTW, like the new sig Gruson. Gotta ask though which came first, the Cap or the Gruson? :cool:

oxbeard said:
Hopefully, they still have some set aside for returns. I know I would be sick too to be met with such a sight. Of course if it had been me, there would probably be a few more missing pieces in my rage :D

BTW, like the new sig Gruson. Gotta ask though which came first, the Cap or the Gruson? :cool:

the cap. ;) I liked it so much I had to make one.

Well, with some of you reporting damage I decided to open #45 of 300 up in case it need to be sent back to SS. I'm happy to report it is in Mint condition. I can't find any flaws, paint or sculpt/hardware. Unfortunately, as I previously feared, I've fallen in love with this magnificent statue, and find it much harder to part with. Looks like I'll be selling off some of my less desirable statues and vintage movie posters.

Pics to follow tomorrow.

Gruson, I apologize if you already responded but could you please post the dimensions of your case.

I got number #183 but my have a 6.cm long crack in the base it start from right foot hole so it is deep. And the plastic plate under the base is lose on some places.
I don`t now if I should leave it like it is or have it change I`m scared the crack will be worse in the future.

I know you would keep it Weta!

It's awesome.

My case is:
19"wide, 18" deep, and 28" tall.

Gruson said:
I know you would keep it Weta!

It's awesome.

My case is:
19"wide, 18" deep, and 28" tall.

What's that in centimeters?? ;)

I got number 184 btw.. I looked him in the eye when I opened the box and then he gave me the finger! ...well , two actually.. :rolleyes:

no word from SS as of yet..

My ghetto standard version arrives today! I'm so excited. It's 2:51pm on Friday. I'm just sitting in my office looking out the window waiting for the big brown truck to show up.. Pix to follow.

3:39pm... Still no big brown truck... I need one of those fast forward remotes like Adam Sandler has.

Well just my luck that I buy one of the 750 edition from a great seller on ebay and then 1 day later, my wait list number for the exclusive 300 edition comes up from Sideshow. So now I have 2 (an exclusive masked and the unmasked regular edition)! So....I am going to offer up my regular edition for someone who wants it. It was never taken out and displayed, only inspected. Still all packed up. So this may be someone's lucky day. I am just going to sell it for what I paid for it plus shipping. If anyone is interested let me know. I have 100% positive and over 200 feedback on ebay.

I will post some pictures of my exclusive version soon. This is an awesome statue. I like the unmasked head alot because it is so detailed. It would have been cool if the cannon sight on the masked head was an actual red laser beam (like the laser pointer pens), but that might have been hard to do. If it was an actual laser it would have been perfect. It is still one of the best items I have in my huge collection.

I just placed my order for the Giger Alien Cinemaquette when it was released on June 28th. Has anyone else ordered this one yet? Gruson?

Hey Gruson, I need some help on some cases, where do you buy those awesome cases. I need some for my collection. Please point me in the right direction.

sideshowpdx said:
It's here.... And I'm in love. That is all.

DSCN0020-vi.jpg

Nice setup man, also like the interior paint. Is that latex paint? Also take a pic if you can of that 8x10" picture. It looks like a picture of Dillion, Dutch, Hawkins, Billy, Blain, Mac, and Poncho?

Back